London Live User Group

Promote your gigs or events.
spiderprod

Post by spiderprod » Mon May 01, 2006 7:11 pm

*sigh* wrote:Image

sorry I've not been on the board til now guys.

Thanks to all who turned up for last wednesday, I thought it was a good thing to have a manageable group and can still put faces to names, which is uncommon for me :)

This pic is Spiderprod laying down some knowledge. Next time is definitely projector and laptop time. and must remember to bring a: powercords and b: laptops.

and c: music

I haven't talked to Hive as I'm embarrassed that we didn't provide the music they were expecting (completely my fault), I'm unsure whether they'll have us back! . I do like it as a venue though.The manager is leaving in a month, so I'll try them again after that. The other option in the Brixton area is upstairs at the Ritzy cafe, which could be sweet. Or maybe we should meet somewhere more central next time.

Any other suggestions?
i'll try something .
i can ask for the members lounge on a wednesday , there is a plasma there already & i am the sound engineer there .but i need to guaranty a few peoples to get a space .

cashman

Post by cashman » Mon May 01, 2006 7:29 pm

*sigh* wrote: I haven't talked to Hive as I'm embarrassed that we didn't provide the music they were expecting (completely my fault),
Don't worry about that!

As far as I'm concerned, they were lucky to get a few more people in upstairs than they normally might.
We have the upper hand with this one, we are the makers, they shall have to wait until we are ready to make.
:wink:

If all else fails, I'm sure I could get a room in a pub in Stockwell called The Grovesnor, although it couldn't be on a Wednesday.
Nearly a DJ
---
Mac PB G4, 1.67Ghz, 1.5Gb/ BCR2000/ EKS XP10/ Akai EWI 4000s/ Korg EMX1/ Saffire LE/ gemini PS-626i mixer various other musical instruments

*sigh*

Post by *sigh* » Mon May 01, 2006 7:32 pm

spiderprod wrote:
i'll try something .
i can ask for the members lounge on a wednesday , there is a plasma there already & i am the sound engineer there .but i need to guaranty a few peoples to get a space .
Fab

I assume you mean White House in Clapham? (for those who didn't work this out.).

I can usually guarantee my presence if given about 2 weeks warning and will bring lappie this time! I was reading over your old posts on this thread and hoped that the venue you first mentioned was still available.

So you didn't quit then?

edit> are we in danger of becoming the SLLUG (South London Live User Group)? Should there be an effort to centralise? Any North Londoners out there?

cashman

Post by cashman » Mon May 01, 2006 7:56 pm

*sigh* wrote: edit> are we in danger of becoming the SLLUG (South London Live User Group)? Should there be an effort to centralise? Any North Londoners out there?
An' wots rong wiv saaf!?
Nearly a DJ
---
Mac PB G4, 1.67Ghz, 1.5Gb/ BCR2000/ EKS XP10/ Akai EWI 4000s/ Korg EMX1/ Saffire LE/ gemini PS-626i mixer various other musical instruments

*sigh*

Post by *sigh* » Mon May 01, 2006 8:00 pm

faakin nuffink mayt, innit? jus, y'kno wanna git, like, down wiv da norvin massiv, nowhaddamsayin?

edit> jesus I can't even do believable accents when I type

spiderprod

Post by spiderprod » Mon May 01, 2006 8:49 pm

*sigh* wrote: So you didn't quit then?
i gave my notice ,my last day is on the 21st of may but i will still do the sound freelance .

Screen

Post by Screen » Tue May 02, 2006 8:45 am

*sigh* wrote:
edit> are we in danger of becoming the SLLUG (South London Live User Group)? Should there be an effort to centralise? Any North Londoners out there?

No danger in a name ;-)
Good one! SLLUG sounds good 8)

- all Live Users welcome, whichever side of the river or country/globe they live in.

jellyfish

wess!

Post by jellyfish » Tue May 02, 2006 4:06 pm

don 4get wes' london bruv
man coming from grove, bush, latima an ting!

but respec due
'part from police marxmen, sweetshop arsonists, & machete crews, south is ok

*sigh*

Post by *sigh* » Tue May 02, 2006 6:50 pm

maybe the next meeting should be held entirely in patois, with forfeits for breaking into intelligibility. ygetme?

cashman

Post by cashman » Tue May 02, 2006 8:08 pm

Gosh, what must the other user groups think of us!?
We should be talking about tunes and gigs and power user tips and such!

intellig...wot!?
Nearly a DJ
---

Screen

Post by Screen » Thu May 04, 2006 4:34 pm

99 replies & now reached 3300 views

This thread is getting a load of hits, 2nd only to the Washington DC one.

Must be a whole load of lurkers out there :?:

cashman

Post by cashman » Thu May 04, 2006 7:47 pm

Screen wrote:
Must be a whole load of lurkers out there :?:
You know it.
Bloody North Londoners!
:wink:

But lets get onto more 'serious' business -

What should happen at the next meeting? And how?
Nearly a DJ
---

jellyfish

next meet

Post by jellyfish » Mon May 08, 2006 5:57 pm

the half dozen or so of us who turned up at the now historic first London meeting agreed that it would cool'n'groovy if at the next 1 everyone bring a track of some kind that they've cobbled together on 'live'

also would be a good idea not to have it on the same night as barcelona vs. thierry henry

i reckon the venue we used would be happy to have us back with or without music considering all the cider and lagerbeer that was consumed

but if any1 has another kickin establishment to suggest then that's kool!

cashman

Re: next meet

Post by cashman » Mon May 08, 2006 6:43 pm

jellyfish wrote:... bring a track of some kind that they've cobbled together on 'live'
Looks like I'm going to have to get cobbling!
Nearly a DJ
---

Screen

Post by Screen » Tue May 09, 2006 9:31 am

So will the Hive have us back, mid-May sometime?? and fill that midweek empty space?