israel is lovely.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Thu May 11, 2006 11:18 am

Machinate wrote:
thelike5 wrote:on the subjsect of peoples nationalites, and countries, and ethnic backgrounds, here is something that has perplexed me all of my life:

Why are Polish people always associated with being stupid?
uhm. I have *never* *ever* heard that before. Where do you live? Maybe it's a regional thing.
we don't have it in europe , it's a US thing. Most cultures have a designated 'stupid' sub set that gets that particular role.

In the Uk there used to be 'stupid' Irish jokes, although I don't think I've heard one in the last 15 years. I imagine there are more enlightened cultures who don't do lazy comedic stereotyping. But if there is, the people next door probably tell 'stupid' jokes about them

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Thu May 11, 2006 11:50 am

Angstrom wrote:
Machinate wrote:
thelike5 wrote:on the subjsect of peoples nationalites, and countries, and ethnic backgrounds, here is something that has perplexed me all of my life:

Why are Polish people always associated with being stupid?
uhm. I have *never* *ever* heard that before. Where do you live? Maybe it's a regional thing.
we don't have it in europe , it's a US thing. Most cultures have a designated 'stupid' sub set that gets that particular role.
that was kind of the point I was trying to make... Danes historically have issues with swedes and germans, but stereotypical mockery of them is so last century.
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

elemental

Post by elemental » Thu May 11, 2006 11:52 am

grok wrote:
Yeah ,during one of my travels I learned to know a guy from Israel. He was a psy-trance producer and a good one. So we hang out and I invited him to come and visit me when he should be in Belgium. So 1 year later he's at my door, complete with the Goa-Peace-Trance-XTC-Look. Later on, at diner he starts telling me how he was in the army and how he fucked up Palestinian people. He was fucking proud of it, he actually said that those people where not humans (mmmhh reminds about some other regime ) Needless to say I kicked him out on the street. My point is this; because people make good music, or have an "peace look" they are not automaticly good people . And yeah I think what te state of Israel is doing to the Palestinians is evil. History will judge them
Word. I am half israeli, and am regularly disgusted by what the state of israel is doing to the palestinians. Also, the attitude of a lot of israeli's toward palestinians is horrible. Although equally there are a lot of isreali's who do not agree with the policies of their state.

The funny thing is that jews and palestinians apparently share a lot of genetic lineage.

charvel-floyd

Post by charvel-floyd » Thu May 11, 2006 12:24 pm

:roll:
History's a wonderful thing....read some. By this thread, one would think a bunch of rich kike Jews descened upon poor, hapless Arabs...and started looting and raping.

Once again, don't look to musicians for anything resembling historical accuracy.

dannyk

Post by dannyk » Thu May 11, 2006 12:43 pm

Discuss: The new intel chips that power our new Macs and PCs were R&D'd in Israel. I'm not happy about this, though i still bought a mac.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Thu May 11, 2006 12:58 pm

every country or culture has a dark side.

I am from England, we invented lots of stuff. Did lots of bad things too.
Tim Berners Lee = English
English = Empire building xenophobic monsters

humans = pretty bad sort of being, in general

grok

Post by grok » Thu May 11, 2006 1:03 pm

elemental wrote:
grok wrote:
Yeah ,during one of my travels I learned to know a guy from Israel. He was a psy-trance producer and a good one. So we hang out and I invited him to come and visit me when he should be in Belgium. So 1 year later he's at my door, complete with the Goa-Peace-Trance-XTC-Look. Later on, at diner he starts telling me how he was in the army and how he fucked up Palestinian people. He was fucking proud of it, he actually said that those people where not humans (mmmhh reminds about some other regime ) Needless to say I kicked him out on the street. My point is this; because people make good music, or have an "peace look" they are not automaticly good people . And yeah I think what te state of Israel is doing to the Palestinians is evil. History will judge them
Word. I am half israeli, and am regularly disgusted by what the state of israel is doing to the palestinians. Also, the attitude of a lot of israeli's toward palestinians is horrible. Although equally there are a lot of isreali's who do not agree with the policies of their state.

The funny thing is that jews and palestinians apparently share a lot of genetic lineage.
True, I must say I allready have met lots of Israeli's that where nice people and that where ashamed of the policies of there state. Its really a shame, I think with the right attitude of both party's this could really be the promised land
P4 Desktop-Echo Gina-Laptop P4-Motu Ultra Lite-AkaiMFC-Sherman-TeeBee 383-Reaktor-Live 7-Alesis Mk2-Novation Remote-Phat Boy-DBX comp-Korg KaossPad 3-Kaossilator-Akai MPD32

Benshik

Post by Benshik » Thu May 11, 2006 1:16 pm

Why are Polish people always associated with being stupid? I have met several Polish people in my time and I can honestly say they were no less intelligent then any other nationality that i have met in my 30 years on Earth.

Does anyone know this answer? I'm assuming this had to have something that happened over in Poland and not in America where I am also assuming, started this joke.

Just wondering. I'd really love to know.
Polish people are perceived as being "stupid" or "lower" than other people. That is absolutely NOT true, of course, but this belief is has some historical background...
Poland has been dominated by its strong neighbours for most of its history...
No matter how many bright individuals like Polanski, Wajda or Chopin this country have produced, it has never exported a national image or influencial art (unlike Britain, Germany, France or Russia.)
And there is also the fact that until recently Poland was one of the less urbanised country in europe. Everyone lived in the countryside with a few ducks and a goat ;)

that being said, I would not say that Poles are the only ones to be considered stupid. The french laught at Belgium, the English at the Welsch. Basically, everyone seems to consider their neighbour as pretty funny freaks ;) as longs as it remains humour and that it doesnt degenerates into racism, it isnt that bad... just DONT start a post sayin "poland sucks"

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Thu May 11, 2006 1:19 pm

LOFA wrote:so I felt should I reccommend you consider exercising a little more restraint and respect.
thats laughable man, restraint and RESPECT ? what in the FUCK ? just how much do you actually know about the state of israel and their policies ? I dont care about who knows who, whos dad is who, who is a jew, who isnt a jew, all I care about is the IDF murdering with -ABSOLUTE- impunity, the absolute hell that the palestinian PEOPLE are living in - the giant wall built around them to keep them in, the restricted air space - it is an open air PRISON.

that state of israel doesnt deserve a gram of civility or anything pertaining to 'restraint and respect' ..... and that has nothing to do with anti-semetism, or judaism. if you want to get into it judaism you will find that the state of israel should not be, it is a blasphemous state by their own standards/scriptures. you could call them hypocrits in this respect, but I think murderous scumbags funded by the u.s.a takes priority.

if you think the CIA are bad, you should check out mossad. Lawless pigs who do what they please...i Mean to say, kill who they please. Remember black september ? and the mossad death squad ? They went to norway and killed an innocent muslim waitor because of that...did they ask norway could they do this ? HA....course not. thats how fucking ARROGANT those pigs actually are - thankfully they were spotted and arrested before they could leave.

I am so sick and tired of israel, and the impunity with which they murder children. and their SICKENING rhetoric and institutional racism......
'restraint & respect' .....hows about we excercise restraint and respect when discussing nazi germany eh ? oh wait....you dont mention you have german blood in you, so I guess thats ok then ?

fuck israel. seriously, anything that happens to israel is completely brought on by themselves, israel is a complete & utter abomination

and as for all these nicknames with like...18 posts, or 19 posts...and they seem to only surface for the political topics, and they seem to always say the same thing like 'im not surprised that the people here are """"islamafascists""""' ....well its obvious to me that you're a forum regular who doesnt have the balls to wear his political beliefs on his sleeve like the rest of us.

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Thu May 11, 2006 1:21 pm

Angstrom wrote:every country or culture has a dark side.

I am from England, we invented lots of stuff. Did lots of bad things too.
Tim Berners Lee = English
English = Empire building xenophobic monsters

humans = pretty bad sort of being, in general
is that some kind of impotent statement or what ?
so are we to just accept whats happening DAY AFTER DAY...because hey man, every culture has its dark side......?

fuck I didnt know mac were outsourcing in israel.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Thu May 11, 2006 1:42 pm

let us know what you do about it then big man

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Thu May 11, 2006 2:02 pm

to start with:
i'm going to boycott any goods that come from or are sourced from israel, and try and get people in my community to do the same thing. I'm not going to accept the situation cos 'hey,,,shit happens'
Last edited by b0unce on Thu May 11, 2006 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

my_volcanic

Post by my_volcanic » Thu May 11, 2006 2:04 pm

b0unce wrote:i'm going to boycott any goods that come from or are sourced from israel, and try and get people in my community to do the same thing.
fuck up you twat
This information will be publicly viewable

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Thu May 11, 2006 2:07 pm

?....whats your problem with boycotting israeli goods ? how's life in londonderry ?

why dont you join the discussion, elaborate - give us some reason why I'm wrong or out of line, (if you can - not that I'm suggesting I'm infallible, more like you're incapable)

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Thu May 11, 2006 2:17 pm

my_volcanic wrote:
nbr0118 wrote:I have carefully read all of the posts until now...and can fully understand why some people feel the way they do about George W. Bush. It is true that until now we this war has not been handled in the manner that it should. I will also, however, say that for ordinary citizens claiming that Bush has no "fucking clue" is saying that you know the extremeties and the threats that this country faces each and every day. If you think that the CIA and the Bush gang is just some blood-thirsty gang...then I would ask you to first commit your life to understanding what it means to be the President of the United States...and to work for an organization that actually sees what could potentially happen if we as a country chose to sit back and let terrorists do their will....after all...they only kill a few people....they are not really that bad. While we are at it....why don't we talk about how wrong it was for the US to get involved in WWII....or to have a Revolution against our mother country (England for instance). Tell me how many people died in those wars...then tell me if such a critical media (had there been one like today) would have let his happen without seeking impeachment for the President then. IMO, there is no Democratic or Replublican way of handling national security...there is what has to be done and what may happen if it is not. Sure we can talk all day long about how many people have died in this war...probably as many people as would be under the knife of Saddam if he were still in power. If those of you who think the US is more of an enemy than then the terrorists, then I would ask you to wait 15 years from now and consider that same question.

As for the talk about hipocritical religion....I would say that yes....there are Christians in this world who claim to have all the answers when in reality they are misled. But grow up in a true humble and Christian lead home...and observe an environment of true love and forgiveness...and tell me you would want anything else in the world. This is not to say that non-Christian homes can not have it...I'm just saying that Christianity...when followed the way it is supposed to...is something to be chrished...not mocked.

I personally have not had the opportunity to meet George W. Bush , but I have met and spoke to his father. Spend an hour, let alone a day, in the life of someone like him....and then you can judge their decisions. I will tell you one thing...GWB respects this office more than anyone wish to believe...(going to bed at 10pm is just bordering on too traditional :)... if his decisions are wrong, then vote for someone who to try to make everyone else happy while turning a blind eye to the real enemies of this world....atleast it will make for a more peaceful news report at night. I will say that I can rest knowing that we have a representative at the UN ( a really good one...contrary to what the media would like to say ) who is handling the issue with Iran now. Watch the debates...and worry about the future of our world....try to get informed about what's happening now...instead of what mistake was made in the past....that is what really makes a difference. The future is only as good to the extent of what good people make for it. And that goes for both Dems and Conservatives!!
ah wise up for fucks sake !
laugh out loud! your powers of debate are second to none. Really, you are a credit to northern ireland. if only people could follow your example, the world would be a better place.