israel is lovely.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
b0unce

Post by b0unce » Thu May 11, 2006 5:44 pm

Benshik wrote:
b0unce wrote:.i'm only concerned with facts.
come on, someone concerned with facts and interested to coldly discuss a situation doesn't start a thread by saying "israel sucks"

actually, a lot of israelis disaprove their government and a lot of israelis are impoverished. these guys are having a hard time: tourists are scared to go, a lot of unemployment, a lot of desillusion among the youth, but i guess you are happy about that right?

your hate will not make things better.
no I'm not happy about anything going on over there....
really, this thread just sprang from the 'letter from iran to usa president thread'
I admit I reduced it to 'israel sucks.' .... but the real purpose was the anti-semetic anagrams and how they are as meaningful as the word anti-semetic. that is, to criticise the state of israel for their policies or the impunity with which the IDF act is often met with accusations of anti-semetism, which I was accused of in the iranian thread....so being an angry little camper , I thought i'd do something puerile like saying israel sucks, and giving the anagram list. I see now that action was only in context for a few brief moments, and now a day later its out of context and a thread all of its own....

anyways, If only I could have left the 'gag' at that....but then you know, it just snowballed.

I suppose I will keep my political thoughts for newspaper forums or real people - eye to eye - and try and stay more on topic in the future, apologies to all who had to endure my short temper with regard this topic over these past few pages

-b0unce

DrainBamage

Post by DrainBamage » Thu May 11, 2006 5:51 pm

b0unce = Ropey Punter = Henry Ford and many other trolls on the board.

$20k in new gear and this is how he spends his time?

Fucking spoiled rich no talent sociopathic troglodyte.

You want to know what segment of humanity is really fucking the world up? It's you b0unce. Kill yourself.

Can you tell that I'm joking??
I have more gear than you, fuck off.

D K

Post by D K » Thu May 11, 2006 5:57 pm

i couldn't be bothered to read through all this bullshit,
so if any of you have actually been to israel, i have a thread in the local
forum section...i'm going to israel in august (i'm mixing some rock-bands, and hell no, it's nothing to do with the military...quite the opposite)
i'd like to hear some factual input on how clubs/etc. are there, as i'd like to do some live pa on my day off........
d

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu May 11, 2006 6:37 pm

This is the old Henry Ford

Henry Ford if I'm not mistaken makes drones which takes about () <--- that much talent so...instead of making MUSIC he makes up screen names and pisses people off for the fuck of it - get a life.

I think the deal is to contribute to the forum not bring it down but then you may come from a different part of the world were people eat their own shit and sleep with their cousins, I don't know...

good luck with whatever you're trying to do...
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Spikee

Post by Spikee » Thu May 11, 2006 6:38 pm

charvel-floyd wrote::roll:
History's a wonderful thing....read some. By this thread, one would think a bunch of rich kike Jews descened upon poor, hapless Arabs...and started looting and raping.

Once again, don't look to musicians for anything resembling historical accuracy.
Oh god, get a clue. Back your shit up or just shut your ignorant mouth.

Spikee

Post by Spikee » Thu May 11, 2006 6:46 pm

my_volcanic wrote:
b0unce wrote:uh...no it was a question

half ass boycotts? = what do you mean, 'half ass' boycotts

an invitation for elaboration, if you will...
as i already said : why dont you boycott us goods aswell, since it is us miltary aid that lets israel murder with impunity?
And then we can boycott british goods for falling in line with U.S. policy over recent years.

A boycot in general's just not a good idea.

rapidix

Post by rapidix » Thu May 11, 2006 7:00 pm

Hi my name is Rapidix,
everybody wrote:Hi Rapidix.
I'm an anti-zionist. And I don't think it's a problem.

I am not anti-semetic.
Just an anti-zionist.

Thank you.

:sits down:

charvel-floyd

Post by charvel-floyd » Thu May 11, 2006 11:24 pm

Spikee wrote:
charvel-floyd wrote::roll:
History's a wonderful thing....read some. By this thread, one would think a bunch of rich kike Jews descened upon poor, hapless Arabs...and started looting and raping.

Once again, don't look to musicians for anything resembling historical accuracy.
Oh god, get a clue. Back your shit up or just shut your ignorant mouth.
Back my shit up? Are you serious? Shall we begin with three "no's"...the '48 war...Arabs relationship with the Nazis...the purposeful targeting of civilians for political goals...the '67 war...the Yom Kippur War...

Perhaps we should discuss the shelling of Northern Israel as a precursor to the invasion of Lebannon...

Hell, we can do this all the day.

M. Bréqs

Post by M. Bréqs » Fri May 12, 2006 4:16 am

Man.

b0unce, I find it interesting that as soon as this other thread turned into a civilized debate between people with different ideas, you seemed to start this thread so you could continue spewing shit unencumbered with the burden of rationality. But you're welcome to prove me wrong by accepting people with different views and debating their:

1. facts, or
2. conclusions derived from said facts.

As it is, these personal attacks on people who disagree are just tiresome. Don't bother responding to this post, as I'm not looking at this damn thread again. It's a waste of my time. I'll be adding b0unce to my list of posters to not bother reding anymore... You're joining good company though, as both computo and your alter-ego Henry Ford's there.

grok

Post by grok » Fri May 12, 2006 10:42 am

Looks like this is a topic that turns on the heat. I always learned to discuss something without attacking the the "messenger" and always play on the "message". This is not the case here. :oops:
About the boycot, its not a bad thing. It worked out for South Africa, so why shouldn't it work for Israel?
Now nothing is happening, and the suffer for the palestinians doesn't stop. Put the stigma on them as being terrorist is immoral. Its like beating a dog all the time, and when he bites back, you can say ; Bad dog, you have to be punished, we cannot trust you.
P4 Desktop-Echo Gina-Laptop P4-Motu Ultra Lite-AkaiMFC-Sherman-TeeBee 383-Reaktor-Live 7-Alesis Mk2-Novation Remote-Phat Boy-DBX comp-Korg KaossPad 3-Kaossilator-Akai MPD32

forgie

Post by forgie » Fri May 12, 2006 11:21 am

Now now grok, reasonable thought and ideas never helped anyone. Nor did reasonable and accurate analogies. :P

Remember, this is an OT political thread. Let's hear some irrational rants from ignoramuses (hopefully Americans, they're always good for a laugh) and keep this non-productive.

Politics is an amazing subject to debate with people. In science, you don't have to state your "assumptions" - things that should be considered fact - everytime you want to discuss, say, electronics. Everyone who has studied electronics knows the assumptions and prior knowledge and understanding required to communicate. With politics, every moron off the street thinks he has a good understanding of what's going on in the world, when most of them haven't even read anything remotely political except for the drivel coming out of the mass media. In electronics, if someone started telling me things that were complete crap, I would tell him, and he would shut up. With politics, people who don't know anything think that they have a valid opinion, when it's just as valid as someone telling me that a resistor is the same as a capacitor. I know it's not, I've studied it, and therefore I am right. Some of the most basic idioms of global politics and society are refuted by people everyday.

The bottom line is: if you don't know what you're talking about, then shut the fuck up. This is hard to get across when most people are too god damn stupid (and self-righteous) to realise that they are ignorant about politics. Would you righteously put forth an opinion on electronics/physics/quantum mechanics if you hadn't studied it? NO! Why do you insist on putting forth opinions about things which you know even LESS about (due to the propaganda and subtle brainwashing you morons receive daily through the mass media)?

Oh yeah, and peace to those who aren't ignorant. Those who truly understand truth, peace and freedom. Peace to you. May you sleep well at night. And may you make good tunes in Ableton! :)

Benshik

Post by Benshik » Fri May 12, 2006 12:13 pm

forgie wrote: The bottom line is: if you don't know what you're talking about, then shut the fuck up. This is hard to get across when most people are too god damn stupid (and self-righteous) to realise that they are ignorant about politics. Would you righteously put forth an opinion on electronics/physics/quantum mechanics if you hadn't studied it? NO! Why do you insist on putting forth opinions about things which you know even LESS about (due to the propaganda and subtle brainwashing you morons receive daily through the mass media)?
are you saying that the only subjects we should be alouded to discuss are those we can only be 200% sure about, like, euh, science? Why discuss then? Nonsense
life is much more complex than your scientific facts, that are, by the way, continuously evolving. Lots of gray zones. Music is one of its most beautiful...
guess you judge the quality of a song by the exact amount of knobs that have been automated...
i say: be smart enough to realise you can be wrong, respect the other's opinion, but dont be scared to have subjective opinions. thats how you learn.

but if u think you have the right to tell people "shut up, you don't know what you're talking about" then i tell you "dont ever talk about women, dont ever talk about music, in fact dont ever talk about anything that is happening outside of your town or your house."