ok i know ther's one other forum user out there from AK

and i know a few live users around here

wazz up from the upper 1
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"

schnezzy

Alaska

Post by schnezzy » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:22 am

Do I still count? a piece of my heart is still up there, although its a little bit cold and squashed!!! I just wanted to give a whopping great biggup to the AK massive-
miss ya- love schnezzy of the mooseface 8O
oh yeah got some faderfox micromoduls on the way to me when i get back to SF- lets hope i don't get too confused!!!

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:05 am

nice one moosie!

score with the faderfox's did you get the new line?

wow i'l be a bit closer to SF soon

schnezzy

new faderfox

Post by schnezzy » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:52 am

hi mooseface, yeah i booked the DJ2 and will save for the LV2 if i like the first one!my last day here in singapore so i hope new toy will be there when i arrive back in SF! it's been raining here pretty much non stop for the 6 weeks we've been out over here in SE asia- bummer!! we've had some sunshine enough for a mini tan! bali was nice , got some good recordings on my minidisc for later sampling of kecak dances and balinese new year frivoloities!! looking fwd to being able to make music again and maybe even one day having a studio again! when are you off to AZ, can't wait to see your new house!!
big love to the AK masive
mooseface :twisted: 8)
powerbook, photonx25, pocketdial& a pair of headphones - no home, no job, any offers?
"if music be the food of love, i'm one fat bastard..."

dhilsabeck

keep driving until you can't

Post by dhilsabeck » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:35 pm

I guess this is a good time to introduce myself. my name is drew-been in ak for 5 or so years, homer for 3 and i don't really see any reason to leave. i work at a studio down here that's on the up and up. we're working on coralling all of the creative talent here in homer and making some music (all genres-should be interesting). currently using live as my main sequencer. i like to make techno tracks and (lately) hip hop mix tapes in my spare time. i also have a radio show on KBBI public radio every other friday night (Nothing special, just playing tracks). i'm looking to integrate live as soon as my poor ass can afford a new laptop that can handle the shit, ween is currently my favorite band. i snowshoe to work and don't take it for granted.

alaska=good

cheers,
drew

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:34 am

NICE

i'v waisted myself away at the saltydog more then just a few times!

homer is great. i used to get a few gigs at Alice's but that was back in like 2000-2001

you should try and make it to anchorage friday night

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:37 pm

yes, the salty dog can be dangerous. last time i was there about a year and a half ago my girlfriend and i were force-fed crown royal from earl weaver's nephew (supposedly) until it was time to go home and vomit everywhere.
alice's has been out of commision for the past year as it's passed ownership to the native corporation. however they are finishing up some rennovations for this summer i don't know what they have planned for gigs. we could use some good music in homer. as it is we're saturated with a STEADY diet of folk but things are constantly changing here so who knows.
If i can make it anchorage i will. sounds like fun. will akaskandj.com be the resource for this kind of thing. if not, what is?

cheers,
drew

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:16 am

dhilsabeck wrote:will akaskandj.com be the resource for this kind of thing. if not, what is?

cheers,
drew

yeah
that plus

http://www.demonseal.net/forums/index.php?showforum=1

if you can make it friday my set is 2-close

i vomited in the bathroom at salty dog...didn't even mean to have more then one

there's spirits in that place that take over...i'v never walked outta that place without stumbling...

wow cruseships will be hittin us in about 3 weeks

i lived in girdwood for quite awhile been in AK since 97.

my body is to messed up to ski anymore so i left girdwood :(

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:54 pm

hey mike,
how did the set go? sorry i couldn't make it. any chance you recorded it?

cruiseships :cry:
that's one of the reasons i couldn't stay in seward. beautiful place but somthing just seems a bit dodgy and intrusive about those massive ships. i guess it's cool that people like to visit our FUCKING AWESOME state. i don't blame them. it reminds me a of a bumper sticker i once saw- "welcome to alaska. now go home"

but who am i?

cheers,
drew

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:59 am

show whent great

around 600+ peeps made it out!

yeah.. i make money off of the tourists so i can't knock 'em

i think all lot more boats are actually going into whittier now

the tourests don't go to whittier (wow that town is wierd) they just walk accros a walkway and jump on the train....

but man i bet you get tourest overload in homer just because the town is so small!

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:07 pm

yeah.. i make money off of the tourists so i can't knock 'em

true, true. many of my friends in homer do as well.
they're just so easy to pick on...:twisted:

as a renewable resource i'm all for tourism.
especially if it keeps people from raping the land...JOBS!

plus i was a tourist at one point so i guess that would be pretty hypocritical.

cheers,
drew

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:13 pm

we call 'em "blue hairs" :lol:

dhilsabeck

ate in alaska

Post by dhilsabeck » Wed May 03, 2006 6:49 pm

hey, i listened to your posted tracks/mixes (nicely done) and i thought hmmm i think i may have something like this...
so when i went home i checked out my record collection and i think i have something you did from like 4 or more years ago. its the ate in alaska ep and says your name and some ther dude and cannibal or something like that. i got it at the music store out by the dimond mall. mammoth, i believe.
anyways, i'm still a vinyl slut (just got richard simmons "reach" at the soldotna salvation army for a quarter-exercise booklet and all-score of my lifetime so far). i'm very interested in collecting alaskan vinyl. i guess you'd probably know where i can locate some more of this style of records??? it seemed to me that decibel records is more progressive oriented (however i feel like i got about 10 really nice bizarre tech/electro oldies out of their used section).
can you let me know where to buy some filthy techno. you definitley can't find much of it in homer...
c'mon mike. hook a brother up.
cheers,
drew

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Thu May 04, 2006 5:26 am

Thanks!!

pm your address and i'll send you a couple more cannibal is up to #5 now.

decibel is out of business.

i love vinyl, and will never stop mixing it!

yeah anchorage is all about progressive, makes it hard for me to play,lol, the kids like it but the promoters don't... oh well

forge

Post by forge » Fri May 12, 2006 2:34 am

hey!

they had a program on here the other night about Homer! ABout the Eagles and The Eagle lady and the row about it all!

wow, it looked so small and isolated (of course they werent filming the whole town - so it was probably mmisleading) but from that I wouldnt have thought it was big enough to have any kind of techno happening!

it was funny, they showed some real wild bill types in a bar with the Big beards talking about the eagles taking some womans jack russel.

Cool to see an Ableton user all the way from Homer Alaska!