"Failed to delete undo file..." message???

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Rachmanoff

"Failed to delete undo file..." message???

Post by Rachmanoff » Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:01 pm

This message comes up whilst trying to save Live sets. It usually crashes the program, and on a couple occasions makes sets disappear. What does this mean?? I found another post that seemed to ask the same question, and the posted solution was to delete the preferences and undo files. I did this last night, but just recieved the message again. I'm using OS X 10.3 on a PB G4 1Ghz. This is a detrimental problem. Hopefully there's an answer!

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:41 am

this sounds kind of similar to my problems.

try turning on 'monitor through live' if it's not already (??)

that was the suggestion of the ableton folx for the other saving problem

kleine

Post by kleine » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:59 pm

Hello Rachmanoff,

It seems that your "Undo.cfg" from the Preferences path is corrupt and you should trash it. If you have questions how to do this/where to find it, mailto: support@ableton.com

Best,
Ch. Kleine

Rachmanoff

Post by Rachmanoff » Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:22 pm

Did you read the original post!? I HAVE deleted the undo file, and emptied the trash, and the problem persists! My patience is running thin. As it is, I can not go on using Live at all...it is completely unstable and unreliable. But this is not acceptable for something I paid 300 dollars for. Please try harder to solve this problem.

Until I hear back from support@ableton.com ,

Rachmanoff

Rachmanoff

Post by Rachmanoff » Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:26 am

well well well.. I uninstalled the M-Audio FireWire410 driver on my PB, and wouldn't you know it...no more problems!

John Daminato

saving Time!

Post by John Daminato » Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:04 pm

Rachmanoff wrote:well well well.. I uninstalled the M-Audio FireWire410 driver on my PB, and wouldn't you know it...no more problems!
Rachmanoff,
Uninstalling the driver fixed all the undo problems? Wierd, how does that cause a conflict? I have a Motu 828 mkII I wonder if that firewire driver causes conflicts, I can't uninstall it anyway. I have a Mac 867, os 10.2.6. When I save songs it takes forever, I mean like 2 minutes sometimes. All my old songs from os 9.2.1 take up like 20% more cpu on os X.

rachmanoff

Post by rachmanoff » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:27 am

the problem's baaack!

I'm really frustrated on this one... if anyone has dealt with this problem (in a manner other than deleting the undo and preferences files...that hasn't worked) .. let me know!

thanx

rachmanoff

joshtrix

Post by joshtrix » Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:31 am

anyone sorted this problem yet?