Beat-matching

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Beat-matching

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:23 pm

I'm trying out the demo version while saving up to buy it, so I don't have the full manual. I am tearing my hair out trying to get the tempo of one clip the same as another. No matter what clip I load, it still says 130bpm (in upper left corner). I am using a very simple drum loop (boom-chick, boom-chick), on top of which I want to put a guitar clip. I thought Live had some automatic beat-matching function and it was very simple. Surely there's a way to do this. Can anyone point me toward a tutorial? Thanks from a future DJ

osxfoundry

You can change the BPM

Post by osxfoundry » Fri Jun 07, 2002 5:39 am

I'm pretty new to Live but I know that you can change the BPM in the left corner.
Do that before dragging any file in the tracks.
I believe the top left is the General BPM.
You can also change each audio BPM by doucling on it once in a track.

Hope this help.
PS. Try importing the same tempo. It should help.

submodern

Post by submodern » Fri Jun 07, 2002 7:52 am

ableton has a tutorial:
http://www.ableton.com/content/content- ... _Djing.PDF

as far as i know, the tempo-detection doesn't work on longer loops. you have to set the tempo manually by stretching the warp markers.

Beat-matching

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 07, 2002 3:16 pm

>You can also change each audio BPM by doucling on it once in a track.

"doucling" ??

Also, I have downloaded the Dj tutorial and need to work with it some more, but I thought you could just have Live detect the tempo of each clip and that would at least be a starting point. Then you could use the warp markers to fine tune. Thanks for the replies