How to ReWire FL Studio to Live?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Pädy

How to ReWire FL Studio to Live?

Post by Pädy » Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:35 am

How can I play a instrument in FL Studio. Everything seems to be working fine. If I hit the virtual Keyboard of for instance FM7, I can hear it loud and clear. But I just don't get it to play via my Midi keyboard. In FL I have enabled the right Midi input and in Live there's none - so there shouldn't be a conflict. I don't get it.

Can somebody please post an idiot-proof step-by-step procedure?

Cheers, Pädy

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:57 pm

Er, anyone?

globalgoon

Post by globalgoon » Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:58 pm

enable 'midi remote' in the options(? maybe - im on a mac at the moment) window and choose your midi device in the midi options. for some reason you have to do this every time while using FL rewired to live

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:11 am

Err, Midi remote in the options? Where in Live or in FL Studio? Could be a little more precise cause I'm really stuck here.

Pädy

Post by Pädy » Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:14 am

And another thing: Everytime I close live after I used FL Studio, I get this Windows error message saying that something went wrong with Live 3 bla bla. Something's not right there.

Moonburnt

Post by Moonburnt » Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:37 am

Hi, in FL Studio look in the options menu for "enable midi remote", make sure that's checked. Also, hit F10 and check that you have the right remote control input activated. As far as live crashing is concerned, maybe you need to exit the rewire slave (FL Studio) first. I don't know as I have never tried this, just a thought. cheers.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:17 am

Thanks Moonburnt, I finally got it working now.

Unfortunatly, I can't get rid of the crash message after I've closed Live. Maybe it has something to do with Live being a demo version. Shrug. It really only gives me that error message when I've used FL Studio in ReWire mode. Well, FL Studio ReWire is still beta on the other hand.

Cheers, Pädy

PS: I think I'm gonna buy Live anyway. I really like the workflow.