Cant Get Live To sound Good...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ASSMASTER

Cant Get Live To sound Good...

Post by ASSMASTER » Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:38 pm

:evil:

I cant get Live to sound right. Its ok when I only have a few loops running but the more I have the worse its sounds. The more audio stretching I do the sound gets even worse. The sound simply doesnt sound right. teh best way I can describe it is 'shrinkage', A mssive drum loop eventually sounds tiny and Im forever adjusting EQ etc with every new part I add.

Why does it sound so bad?

Am I doing something wrong

I have been recording for years but am quite new to digital only mixing

Help........

Funkness

Stop wasting our time

Post by Funkness » Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:07 pm

If you've been recording for 'years' you'd already know what your problem is.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:37 pm

hey assmaster don't worry about funkness, he's just got his head stuck up his ass, fugettabaatit.

it sounds like you know the basics but just need to spend some time with the program, maybe you could give a little more detail about exactly what
you're doing and the issues your having. If you are wondering if their is something technically inferior about Live the answer is no and if you do a search you'll be able to find enough of peoples links to their tracks done with live to convince yourself of that, not to mention well known pros in the link section with links to stuff they've done with Live. Also if you haven't yet you should pick up david hill jrs book called ableton Live power, most of the people here have it and have found it very useful. wish I could be more help.

tjwett

Post by tjwett » Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:37 pm

off the top of my head, sounds like maybe the Warp settings aren't set correctly. you can use a few different transients for the stretching of audio. it's down in the clip view. you can choose Beats, Tones, Texture, or Re-Pitch. these make a HUGE difference to the quality. beyond that, just really take some time to learn how to use the program, it's unique and a lot of features fom traditional studios are not so obvious or work a bit differently. rest assured though, Live is more than capable of creating top quality recordings.