OT, FEMA Funds Spent on Divorce, Sex Change

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

stinky

Post by stinky » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:51 am

man, talk about adding insult to injury...

D K

Post by D K » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:11 am

not surprised in the least :roll:

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:32 am

It kills me that "we" (sorry to be so over gerneral) can't figure it out.

I'm depressed, I think I'll go watch fox news and REALLY get angry.......or maybe I'll listen to some talk radio and just get whompin' pissssseeeed! :twisted:

quandry

Post by quandry » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:09 pm

as shitty as FEMA's performance is/was, I'm appalled that assholes in this country would take such advantage of a tragedy, not surprised, but still appalled. They'll get theirs in karma at some point...
Dell Studio XPS 8100 Windows 7 64-bit, 10 GB RAM. RME Multiface, Avalon U5 & M5, Distressor, Filter Factory, UC33e, BCR-2000, FCB1010, K-Station, Hr 824 & H120 sub, EZ Bus, V-Drums, DrumKat EZ, basses, guitars, pedals... http://www.ryan-hughes.net

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:14 pm

So some of the 1.4 billion was lost, what do we get for our 300 billion that went to invading Iraq?

:?
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

stinky

Post by stinky » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:22 pm

So some of the 1.4 billion was lost, what do we get for our 300 billion that went to invading Iraq?
A foothold on one of the largest oil reserves in the world? A central trading point from east to west, vice versa? How about a strategic military vantage, effective cutting a potential enemy (the arab nation) in half? A boost to the American economy that's been over-inflated by a bullshit IP/service-based economy model bubble that's getting ready to burst (think the stock market crash of '29 mixed with an Enron style of government)... the list goes on and on..

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:40 pm

stinky wrote:
A foothold on one of the largest oil reserves in the world?
you know, it is cosmically ironic that one could describe New Orleans the same way.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

stinky

Post by stinky » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:49 pm

you know, it is cosmically ironic that one could describe New Orleans the same way.
you know, that's really the beauty of this system (ironic, yes, coincidental, well, only if you believe in coincidence)... intentionally breakdown to refashion in your own image... it's something that's been done throughout human history, during every successful empire known to man..

nbr0118

Post by nbr0118 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:51 pm

eyeknow wrote:It kills me that "we" (sorry to be so over gerneral) can't figure it out.

I'm depressed, I think I'll go watch fox news and REALLY get angry.......or maybe I'll listen to some talk radio and just get whompin' pissssseeeed! :twisted:
Actually Rush Limbaugh predicted this was all going to happen and gave a good argument why you can't solve national tragedies by just "throwing" money at the problem...as the dems were hackling Bush about....I don't mean to make you angry...I'm just sayin
Regards,

Nathan Reyes

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:27 pm

quandry wrote:as shitty as FEMA's performance is/was, I'm appalled that assholes in this country would take such advantage of a tragedy, not surprised, but still appalled. They'll get theirs in karma at some point...
Yeah, that bothers me too............shit, it all bothers me lately........

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:31 pm

nbr0118 wrote:
eyeknow wrote:It kills me that "we" (sorry to be so over gerneral) can't figure it out.

Actually Rush Limbaugh predicted this was all going to happen and gave a good argument why you can't solve national tragedies by just "throwing" money at the problem...as the dems were hackling Bush about....I don't mean to make you angry...I'm just sayin
No, it doesn't make me angry. I take no sides on politics, and personally I never care what side of the "fence" someone is on. I have my likes and dislikes (mostly a lesser of two evils) and I mostly keep those opionions to myself.

EXCEPT intentional crooked-ness.........from stealing gum to murder......I have no tolerance for being an intentional crook!

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:01 pm

A boost to the American economy that's been over-inflated by a bullshit IP/service-based economy model bubble that's getting ready to burst (think the stock market crash of '29 mixed with an Enron style of government)...

That already happened. It was the 1990s boom and 2000 market crash.
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)
Korg Zero 8 mixer/soundcard/MIDI

stinky

Post by stinky » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:37 pm

That already happened. It was the 1990s boom and 2000 market crash.
Sorry, that's nowhere near as bad is what's going to happen. The $ has never been so low. The housing market is going to burst shortly. Greenspan's out. US deficit is the largest it's been in history. You can't compare what happened with the dot-com bubble burst to the '29 crash.... that was just the economy trying to figure out a way to deal with the new markets (the internet created)... this doesn't have anything to do with one section of the economy.. No way... that was a fart-bubble in the wind compared to what's just around the corner. It's kinda like the earthquake that's due to hit SF.. we're overdue.. like am over-ripe baby, you can smell the stench throughout the house... it's time change the diapers...

nbr0118

Post by nbr0118 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:45 pm

eyeknow wrote:
nbr0118 wrote:

No, it doesn't make me angry. I take no sides on politics, and personally I never care what side of the "fence" someone is on. I have my likes and dislikes (mostly a lesser of two evils) and I mostly keep those opionions to myself.

EXCEPT intentional crooked-ness.........from stealing gum to murder......I have no tolerance for being an intentional crook!
I see what you are saying...I don't usually agree with any sides on all things...this is in fact why I was upset that congress just wanted to pander to the people just to say "Hey we are doing our part!" and to make the media happy...and that GWB gave into it.
Regards,

Nathan Reyes