MacSlaves

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Rod Underleaf

MacSlaves

Post by Rod Underleaf » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:34 am

Stories coming out now about Steve Jobs' Apple slaves in China. In the west we are all familliar with Steve Jobs' brainwashed fussy facionista slaves, who insist on only a Mac. At least the Chinese MacSlave knows he is really building an Intel PC. What a WacJob!

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:37 am

so are about 30 to 50 % of the things we buy.

china is a communist country, and even they allow it

blakejarrell

Post by blakejarrell » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:41 am

whats this about? link?

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:42 am

honostly I don't even know what this post is about.

whats your point?
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:49 am

I'm just guessing it's the injustice to make consumer goods "thing".

My reply was based on the fact that most of what we buy these days are farmed out to areas with poor people "slaving" to make it.

Thanks NAFTA......

("eyeknow, are you starting to get political????????") no, just venting

robin

Post by robin » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:50 am

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060612-7039.html

Oh dear....wonder what Job's mate Bono would make of this.

Rod Underleaf

Post by Rod Underleaf » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:53 am

This is simply a commentary on the intelligence of the poor Asian MacSlave compared to the rich Western MacSlave.

blakejarrell

Post by blakejarrell » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:53 am

wow

i wonder what all the pretentious uber liberals on the west coast think of this :D

sqook

Post by sqook » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:58 am

I also heard that they kill cows to get meat. Please, won't somebody stop the injustice!

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:01 am

I was talking about this the other day with someone actually, and I'm sure it depends on the area we discuss but....::::: big business taking factory jobs out of a america to use poor people in other countries cause they are cheaper....... what else is this poor factory worker going to be doing to feed them and their family if the factory job wasn't paying them to build stuff?

I'm not trying to be a dick here I honostly want to know, are sweatshops and underpaid factory jobs the only option for people in these countries? cause if so then it seems that they are lucky to have it, I mean.... if I had no way of getting any job anywhere accept in a sweatshop I would be thankful I at least had that.

seriously though..... don't chop me down I'm not trying to be mean or insensative, just tell me I'm wrong cause I've been thinking about this subject recently for some reason and now it's come up again.... please school me cause I may be missing something.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

blakejarrell

Post by blakejarrell » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:09 am

Johnisfaster wrote:I was talking about this the other day with someone actually, and I'm sure it depends on the area we discuss but....::::: big business taking factory jobs out of a america to use poor people in other countries cause they are cheaper....... what else is this poor factory worker going to be doing to feed them and their family if the factory job wasn't paying them to build stuff?

I'm not trying to be a dick here I honostly want to know, are sweatshops and underpaid factory jobs the only option for people in these countries? cause if so then it seems that they are lucky to have it, I mean.... if I had no way of getting any job anywhere accept in a sweatshop I would be thankful I at least had that.

seriously though..... don't chop me down I'm not trying to be mean or insensative, just tell me I'm wrong cause I've been thinking about this subject recently for some reason and now it's come up again.... please school me cause I may be missing something.
no i totally understand where you are coming from

my big gripe is apple is supposed to be this ultra conscious super hip west coast company that prides itself on all these new age ideals. you cant piss downwind without hitting a starbucks drinking, whole foods shopping, recycling, liberal toting an apple mac book in this country. nothing against liberal i just like making jokes as they are easy targets :D

its the last company i would expect to do this kind of thing, especially with the outrageous prices they charge.

if mac was all american made i would pride myself in owning one (if i did own one) because i know it would be creating jobs in the US and helping our so desperately shitty economy.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:12 am

how bout the fact that the same people bitching about gas prices are holding a 16oz cup of coffee from starbucks that cost as much or more as that horrible "overpriced" gallon of gas.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:15 am

I am an american, but honostly I think most of us are a bunch of obese bi***hes scratching lottery tickets and complaining that gas costs too much while we suck on mcdonalds milkshakes and drink 2 cups of 4 dollar starbucks coffee a day.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:22 am

You americans, always complaining...

When something costs 1000$ in the US. It'll cost 1300€ in Europe.
Even though that 1000$ equals to about 800€.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:26 am

I was complaining about other americans and their complaining.

boo hoo to you cause you have to pay more right?

I'm sick of all complaining.