Post Your Favorite VST

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ILTK

Post by ILTK » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:07 pm

apalomba wrote:Reaktor. There is no need for anything else.
I'll have to say the same thing about TERA3.

Substactive Synthesis
FM Synthesis
Spectral Synthesis (Like on the EMAXII but it doens't take days to compute)
Formant Synthesis
Wavetable Synthesis
Sample player.
Integrated step and multitrack sequencer with polyphonic arpeggiators.
Multi timbral.

Looping envelopes, even for pitch so you can make those crazy trance arps with notebends like a TB303.

All modular so you can mix and match, but also has seperate modules for each of the above.

It sounds fucking FANTASTIC, it's a bit of a handfull to get to grips with though.

Check out the sound demos:

http://www.virsyn.de/en/E_Products/E_TERA/e_tera.html

For some reason the sound links all go 404 in FireFox, they work fine in Explorer.

M. Bréqs

Post by M. Bréqs » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:00 am

krank wrote:
M. Bréqs wrote:
ikke wrote:I will nominate the PSP Vintagewarmer without a doubt 8)
Word on that. Absolutely.
Why?
It's a very solid compressor, as well as a multi-band compressor. It's reasonably idiot-proof (though if you turn the knobs too much to the right you'll get garbage). I mean, it's a simple, sonically beautiful vacuum tube compressor emulator. I've used it for punching up drum tracks, and even overall mastering...

Though if you're fiddling with mastering, ALWAYS keep an unmastered version of your music, cause a pro can never undo an amateur mastering job once it's rendered.

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:51 am

M. Bréqs wrote: I'm looking for a VST analog modeling synth with multiple filters that I can route in PARALELL, not in series. I used to be able to do that with my Andromeda A6 and my Waldorf Micro Q, but I sold 'em both. Any suggestions?

with rob papens blue and albino you can have either a series or parallel filter configuration. Both are great by the way, extremely flexible synths.

Ive been really loving Ozone as of lately, you can make things sound so Huge with it.

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:24 am

Boy, I'm surprised the Korg Legacy Collection (MS 20 edition) hasn't been nominated...

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:46 am

Albino
Audio Damage Dub Delay
ABL Bassline

easy

I've been trying to sell or trade Reaktor for a month or so - It's really neat and I can see how it's an all in one package but there's a weeeeee bit too much going on for my small little mind
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:01 am

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:00 am

for vst's.......vintage warmer has to be the quintessential must MUST have. It's not the coolest plug you'll ever own.

Camelphat is something that with a bit of playin' around......does things that NO other plug does.........Camelspace is great also.....I actually use that with guitar allot!

Someone mentioned wavearts multi dyn........I'll see that and raise you a trackplug!!!!! Wave arts is so nice on the cpu.......

I also have to put in ubershall's liquid bass. "But eyeknow, your a bass player......." EXACTLY! I can put things together using that in realtime and manipulate as needed. then I'll swap in my parts later when I feel like takin' the basses out for spin.......

unsuccessful handshake

Post by unsuccessful handshake » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:31 am

metamucil

Synthbuilder

Post by Synthbuilder » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:11 am

http://antti.smartelectronix.com/

ASynth. Its currently all over my stuff at the moment.

Its lacking in the more complex modulation routings, but Live's automation can sort this out to some degree.

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:52 am

M. Bréqs wrote: I'm looking for a VST analog modeling synth with multiple filters that I can route in PARALELL, not in series. I used to be able to do that with my Andromeda A6 and my Waldorf Micro Q, but I sold 'em both. Any suggestions?
Terratec's Komplexor. I tried the demo that was available for a while, and it was an exact replica of my mQ as far as sound goes (which it should be- that's what it's emulating, after all)

http://audioen.terratec.net/modules.php ... e&artid=89

My favorites at the moment are Reaktor, Absynth, Zebra, Rhino, Tera and Cameleon. Oh, and KORE...

ew

krank

Post by krank » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:25 am

eyeknow wrote:for vst's.......vintage warmer has to be the quintessential must MUST have. It's not the coolest plug you'll ever own.
Is there a 'not' too much or too little there? I'm kind of interested in VW, have used the demo briefly but I have a feeling it smears too much.

elektrovert

Post by elektrovert » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:26 am

Battery for me.
possibly Reaktor too though.

njh

Post by njh » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:17 am

another one for dblue glitch, this is a free plug in but i feel its worth paying for, it is far better than abletons beat repeat.
also another one for izotope's ozone. this plug in has to be the best mastering plug in that i have seen so far.

as for soft synths, i really dont have a favorite..i have found most of them to sound the same. even synths like cakewalks rapture that claim "you have never heard a synth like ths before" sound just like all the others.

stegi

Post by stegi » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:00 am

crystal :wink:

SubQ

Post by SubQ » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:45 pm

I love Arturia's Arp2600 and Moog Modular V
Fat sounds from hell, working with decay and sequencer you can also make some nice analog beats.
When playing at 96Khz 24 bits, it's the nearest thing to an analog synth regarding warmity and density.

Another one for Vintage Warmer here. Also use Timeworks Mastering Compressor a lot. And ArcDev Dubbox.

Any tips on reverbs? I'm missing good ones without too much CPU demanding... Ambience is great but too heavy. I also like ultrafunk reverb.
best
rodrigo
http://soundcloud.com/coelho
Dave Smith Prophet 08 SE, Genelecs, RME Multiface, Faderfoxes, Doepfer Drehbank, Padkontrol, DIY Footcontroller, Electro Harmonix Pedals.