ot.........FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My air conditioning is broke

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
eyeknow

ot.........FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My air conditioning is broke

Post by eyeknow » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:52 am

So, here's the forcast for the next 7 days.

btwen 104 and 111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I've got all these emergency phone calls out and for me, I'ts fine......I can go to a hotel.

BUT, I have a cat!!!!!! What the hell do I do about her if I can't get it fixed??????

Oh man, this isn't good.......... :(

stinky

Post by stinky » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:03 am

I'm sure you could find a friend or a neighbor that may be willing to help. However, if that's not a solution, go to your local pet store.. doesn't matter if it's a small store, or a large PetWorld, or something like that. It's probably better if you go to a larger one though.. you're looking for volunteers that help. They're usually a part of some type of animal care group looking to give local animals shelter. If you get in contact with this type of person, and ask for assistance, you may find someone able to put your cat up temporarily for free. They'll call others in their group, if it's urgent, and these people are very reliable and caring. Otherwise, there are always animal hotels, or shelters that you can put them in temporarily.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:16 am

thanks dude....

Yeah, I'm rackin' thy brain.......

right now, it has cooled off comfortably and it was about 104 today.........I'm hoping that about 7/8 am I'll start getting some calls..........

There is a "cat" hospital down the way here..............she's SO MUCH more important than me!!!!!!!

ILTK

Post by ILTK » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:16 pm

Make sure he has lots of fresh water, most cats won't drink much if the water is stale and cats are notorious for not drinking enough, mine won't drink at all if the water is not right of the tap, he now drinks out of the toilet.

You can check if he's dehydrated by grabbing the skin aorund his neck and pulling upwards a bit, it should fall right down when you let go, feel his gums to, they should be moist and his lips should not be able to stick to them if you pull them up a bit.

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:01 pm

Take the cat to the hotel.
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)
Korg Zero 8 mixer/soundcard/MIDI

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:04 pm

ILTK wrote:Make sure he has lots of fresh water, most cats won't drink much if the water is stale and cats are notorious for not drinking enough, mine won't drink at all if the water is not right of the tap, he now drinks out of the toilet.

You can check if he's dehydrated by grabbing the skin aorund his neck and pulling upwards a bit, it should fall right down when you let go, feel his gums to, they should be moist and his lips should not be able to stick to them if you pull them up a bit.
Wow, I live in an old apartment which can get pretty hot too and have often wondered about my cat while I'm at work (daydreaming) and how hot she is.

The key is changing the water and I always throw an ice cube or two in her water bowl. I wouldn't feel comfortable putting her in an animal shelter at all...

As far as feeling her gums or anything like that, I don't think she would like that very much. She's real agresssive and literaly screams when you do things like that to her. (I found her on the street in a bad neighborhood when she was a kitten).

Otherwise, she's pretty sweet. :)

Eyeknow, what about buying a window air conditioner for a bedroom and leaving it on most of the day? They can be had new for around $75 or used for less then half of that... just a suggestion while the central air is getting fixed.

TekMonki

Post by TekMonki » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:13 pm

ILTK

Post by ILTK » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:57 pm

thelike5 wrote:The key is changing the water and I always throw an ice cube or two in her water bowl. I wouldn't feel comfortable putting her in an animal shelter at all...

As far as feeling her gums or anything like that, I don't think she would like that very much. She's real agresssive and literaly screams when you do things like that to her. (I found her on the street in a bad neighborhood when she was a kitten).

Otherwise, she's pretty sweet. :)
My last cat was like that to (Also adopted), he would let you pet him, but checking his teeth was allmost impossible, and get anywhere near his paws and you should make sure you had lot's of bandages around :twisted:

I tried the icecube thing to but didn't have any luck, my cat got used to the toilet when he was a kitten so it's hard to ween him of that, I been thinking about getting one of those water bowls with a little pump that keeps the water running in a loop cause the toilet drinking is pretty gross, looks funny though, he puts his paws to the sides of the bowl and slides down, all you can see is his butt and tail sticking out.

zappen

Post by zappen » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:31 pm

imo air conditioners, like the cars, are one of the cause of the Global Warming..

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:55 pm

sounds like you live near me

i'd sneek that cat into the hotel and throw up the do not disturb sign.
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"

bigbadotis

Post by bigbadotis » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:05 pm

imo air conditioners, like the cars, are one of the cause of the Global Warming..
But unlike cars they are also one of the leading causes of live cats and elderly people.

zappen

Post by zappen » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:28 pm

i think , if it's too hot to keep a cat there, just don't keep a cat...
the concept i dislike is that to generate some cold in your room, you generate a lot of heat outside your room, and at the end is sure that comparing the cold and the heat generated, the heat will always be more.
so you buy a air conditioneer thinking that it's function is to genarate cold, but after all it generates heat..
just my 2 cents
sorry for my crappy english

djshiva

Post by djshiva » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:35 pm

zappen wrote:i think , if it's too hot to keep a cat there, just don't keep a cat...
the concept i dislike is that to generate some cold in your room, you generate a lot of heat outside your room, and at the end is sure that comparing the cold and the heat generated, the heat will always be more.
so you buy a air conditioneer thinking that it's function is to genarate cold, but after all it generates heat..
just my 2 cents
i don't know where you live, but i am gonna have to assume you don't live anywhere that the temp rises above 100 on a regular basis in the summer.

past 100 degrees, there has to be some way to cool people off. even the heartiest among us can suffer ill effects or even death from those kinds of temps.

i hear what you are saying, and i do agree, but until we find another way to cool people's living spaces, we have to find compromises.
http://www.soundcloud.com/djshiva
http://www.facebook.com/djshivamusic
http://sapphicbeats.blogspot.com

Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo / OSX / 2Gb RAM / Ableton Live 8 / Akai LPD8/LPK25

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:45 pm

zappen wrote:i think , if it's too hot to keep a cat there, just don't keep a cat...
just my 2 cents
Nah domesticated animals live in the hot places - air conditioning is just a way of life - when I retire from pimping I'm moving back home to the deep south - even though I'll have fancy air conditioniing I'll have it

I love the heat - places like Mississippi, georgia and Miami - it's awesome...I like Seattle but I can't say I like it here when it gets hot because it's not suppose to...global warming and manbearpig have really screwed up my ecosystem

Sneak your cat in the hotel
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:57 pm

I grew up in Florida with two cats and no air conditioning. On really hot days our cats would be kinda sluggish and they'd do that panting thing where they breath really oddly and stick their tounges out. Kind of like this:

:lol:

...but without the smile and with tounge.

Cats are pretty tough and can take a lot of heat. I think kitty would be alright if you left her at home, but sneaking her into a hotel room seems like a viable option. Kitty will be more comfortable there and will be able to watch HBO.