tassman users wake up

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
/.

tassman users wake up

Post by /. » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:45 pm

hey creatures. hopefully here are some tassman users. am running tassman effects and synths from live, but i cant automate any parameters.. ami missin' sumfin ?

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:01 pm

hi /.

i am very new to the world of ableton, but i use tassman4 a lot in logic, which is still my main tool... i have not tried any AAS plugs in live yet, but will give it a go tommorow... and let you know!! they are working fine in logic, i mean automation, the only thingy is that logic crashes if you try to change a automatition parameter... that is an AAS issue...

however i will test it as i said tommorow and let you know how i am getting on...

cheers

/.

Post by /. » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:05 pm

thanx man

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:40 am

subfunk wrote:
...they are working fine in logic, i mean automation, the only thingy is that logic crashes if you try to change a automatition parameter... that is an AAS issue...
sorry, i mean changing from say pan to volume, not the parameters within one type of automation, e.g. cut off freq or volume... that is a bug which applies within logic7 to all AAS instruments, however i will test it (doing it right now!) in ableton live and let you know asap.

cheers

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:24 am

hi /.

bad news, it looks like an anoying bug in the AAS instruments...
as soon as i load tassman4 or lounge lizard2 and click on the *tool* button to see the full GUI of tassman4 then ALL access to live is completely blocked! and if i don't press the *tool* button and tassman is just loaded / visible in the bottom of live as a *live plug design window* with the two parameters X/Y window to choose an automation parameter from, then i have normal access to live but no automation except the standard mixer automation, e.g. track volume / pan... THAT SUCKS, but is shurely an AAS issue, as there are some bugs within logic as well, and also i have heard similar issues from cubase users...

i went to the ASS forum, but could not find anything on the subject, and i have for both of my AAS instruments, tassman4 and lounge lizard2 the newest version update for the AU units... ahh.. by the way i have only tested the AUs, because i only use AUs not VSTs... so there might be different!!!

but that really sucks, as those two instruments are amongs my favorites, specially the LL2...

anyone else who can ship some info or workarounds in???

cheers

zenke

Post by zenke » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:05 pm

I'm not sure if i've understood correctly but this is my experience.
I load tassman VST synth into a midi trtack on live.
I click the tool in the device title bar and the full VST opens.
At this point Live is still working fine for me. ie I can start and stop it and play other clips. Then I do a learn midi link by ctrl/click (apple ) on a control eg VCOpitch.
Then I record into the midi clip as normal and tweek the midi on my controller.
All works well and plays back fine with my midi controls playing.

Is this what you mean.
For me it seems to work OK.
z

zenke

Post by zenke » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:35 pm

You know I have just rememberd something.
I had this same problem some time ago but I was using the AU version.
I was just wondering why I couldnt find the AU version on my machine and its because I deleted it after having these problems.
The VST version works fine as I have outlined above.
z

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:38 pm

hi zenke,
thanks a lot... hmm very interesting, it seems that it works then with the VST version but not with the AU version... i will try that, as i am still mainly on logic *pretty damn new to ableton myself* i only used AUs so far... but i have the VST version as well...

thanks again.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:39 pm

huggh... you posted to quick :D , i just thought the same...

/.

Post by /. » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:22 pm

am trying with vst version, when i unfold tassman synth/effect in live i see only one parameter and its name is Parameter #1, nothing else, and it does nothing, where are all other parameters....

zenke

Post by zenke » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:05 pm

Yeah you are right. You can't draw in the midicontrollers like on other VSTs but you can record them live as I outlined above. Try that.
There is a bug but you can get round it in a way.
z

deva

Post by deva » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:18 pm

You can draw in midi cc data, but not Live automation. Works well enough since Tassman has midi learn so it is easy to modulate parameters.