edirol osX

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
astromass

edirol osX

Post by astromass » Thu Jun 13, 2002 3:56 am

hi:
anybody here have any success with the edirol ua3 and mac osX?
marsmusic.com is selling them for like $160...a small price to pay for an interface that works with osX!
thx, astromass

blancodisco

edirol osX

Post by blancodisco » Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:28 pm

i have been using the ua-3 since christmas 2001. playback seems to work pretty well. I\\\'ve had a few minor dropouts/distortion of audio during playback at a few gigs with Live.

In my tests at home, I have not been able to reliably record Stereo Audio into Peak 3.0 or Spark 2.5 XL without some sort of tiny drop out or digital glitching noises that occur sporadically upon playback of the recording. I attest this to the MAC OS X... and not the audio software apps or the Edirol. Just what I think.... Like what most others believe around here.. OS 10.2 should be audio\\\'s semi better saving grace.

Edirol UA-3 works fantastic and super solid in 9.
the price is right with the optical in/out.. it\\\'s pretty cool dropping stuff to minidisc digitally or from my finalizer express into the laptop setup.

In a Live situation... the headphone output could be a little louder...

benny blanco®

[quote=\"astromass\"]
hi:
anybody here have any success with the edirol ua3 and mac osX?
marsmusic.com is selling them for like $160...a small price to pay for an interface that works with osX!
thx, astromass
[/quote]
benny blanco®
blancodisco
http://blancodisco.com

15" MacBookPro 8 GB RAM | MacPro 9 GB RAM | Phonic Firefly Universal | Axiom 25 | APC-40 | Edirol UM-880 | Loads of Hardware & Software Synths and Effects

astromass

thanks

Post by astromass » Thu Jun 20, 2002 4:20 am

blanco,
thanks so much for the input! sounds likr pretty much all interfaces ni osX perform in the same manner. hopefully osX.2 will help out. i am just so damn addicted to osX!
thanks, AStromass

misterfisher

edirol and osx

Post by misterfisher » Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:12 am

I'd repeat what Blanco said - but with a few limitations:

- cannot boot up in os 9.2 with the usb audio plugged in. For some reason you have to wait until the os boots beofre plugging in otherwise the unit wont respond and crashes the OS.

- latency is a bit slow when recording into live. I'm not sure if this is the case with all usb interfaces... it seems to me that the latency is set at 11ms and can't be changed?

Anyways - it;s great for getting music in and out of your laptops!