myspace is a crock of shit because...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Hatchets McGee

Post by Hatchets McGee » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:42 am

what a waste of time that was.

sooo...ahem, anyone else think myspace is a crock of shit ?

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:57 am

aside from jamming with people and interacting with people on this forum I have pretty much only interacted with my girlfirend, classmates and coworkers for the last couple of years. Mind you. that is still a lot of interaction, but recently I must admit I have come back in contac with at least a dozen missing people that mean A LOT to me, and my music has made at least a couple people smile. If I have to go head to head with any Evil FOX employees, so be it- that could never stay in the way of my future! If anything it would just be more publicity!

No piece of art is so precious that we must sit on it like were a dung Beatle (IMO). I barely ever finalize my music these days. I take it to a level, think about it objectively, bring it to the appropriate composition, and welcome whatever feedback I get before I commit myself to anything in the near future.

Myspace serves a function. So do forum Trolls and evil CEO's. They share information, and present situation from which to gather data. If the data is useless, you aready no how to use a keyboard. Move on.

BTW, just because Trolls are a great socialogical reference point, doesn't mean they have any integrity or self-respect. I'm not forming any opinons on any one individual. Just thought I would share that one.

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:19 am

...we're all on it, in spite of the fact that we know that it is. :o
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

njh

Post by njh » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:47 pm

you two are secret lovers

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:22 pm

Private message maybe to go back and forth like that

Myspace is cool - I've gotten some good music listened to by some cool people, made some friends and connected with some old ones

I could care less who owns myspace and the random friend requests you get, ignore them - you don't need to go look at there profile, I don't

I can tell if their into music or not

Myspace is cool - I don't know, my life isn't any worse for being on myspace
Ableton | Elektron

Music

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:46 pm

I never understood why people have to fight it out in public rather than pm each other. It just shows that they're more into trying to make someone look like a fool in front of others than resolve an issue. Having said that, I admit I got a bit of a laugh seeing the darth guy get is ass handed to him by that hatchets fellow about seven times (no offence darth).

Anyways, now that that's over, I'm wondering about myspace as well because I've been thinking about joining up to post tunes and all that, but have heard mixed feelings.

Are there better alternatives, or is pretty much the way to go for now?

thanks you bunch of assholes, i love you...er.. I mean...fuck you idiots!

peace,

grb
Professional Shark Jumper.

djshiva

Post by djshiva » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:48 pm

6. Proprietary Rights in Content on MySpace.com.
1. MySpace.com does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post to the MySpace Services. After posting your Content to the MySpace Services, you continue to retain all ownership rights in such Content, and you continue to have the right to use your Content in any way you choose.

from the end:

The license does not grant MySpace.com the right to sell your Content, nor does the license grant MySpace.com the right to distribute your Content outside of the MySpace Services.

the hype is just that...hype and fear mongering.

not trying to stand up for the rupert murdoch empire, just want the facts to be known. a lot of people have been passing around false info without actually reading the damn thing that started all the hype to begin with.
Last edited by djshiva on Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.soundcloud.com/djshiva
http://www.facebook.com/djshivamusic
http://sapphicbeats.blogspot.com

Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo / OSX / 2Gb RAM / Ableton Live 8 / Akai LPD8/LPK25

blastique

Post by blastique » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:42 pm

djshiva wrote:6. Proprietary Rights in Content on MySpace.com.
1. MySpace.com does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post to the MySpace Services. After posting your Content to the MySpace Services, you continue to retain all ownership rights in such Content, and you continue to have the right to use your Content in any way you choose.

from the end:

The license does not grant MySpace.com the right to sell your Content, nor does the license grant MySpace.com the right to distribute your Content outside of the MySpace Services.

the hype is just that...hype and fear mongering.

not trying to stand up for the rupert murdoch empire, just want the facts to be known. a lot of people have been passing around flase info without actually reading the damn thing that started all the hype to begin with.
Amen Shiva :) Well put!
Gosh, I haven't posted in the forums for about a month and it was a bit of a shame to be reading flame after flame in one thread (it's honestly the first I've seen in a long long time)

Nonetheless, I'm glad it's been put to rest :) Anyway, how is everybody doing? heehee
milehighsounds.com | blastique.com
Ableton Certified Trainer
Malaysia

soundcloud.com/blastique

djshiva

Post by djshiva » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:30 pm

edited cuz i am dumb
http://www.soundcloud.com/djshiva
http://www.facebook.com/djshivamusic
http://sapphicbeats.blogspot.com

Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo / OSX / 2Gb RAM / Ableton Live 8 / Akai LPD8/LPK25

forge

Post by forge » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:43 am

LOFA wrote:aside from jamming with people and interacting with people on this forum I have pretty much only interacted with my girlfirend, classmates and coworkers for the last couple of years. Mind you. that is still a lot of interaction, but recently I must admit I have come back in contac with at least a dozen missing people that mean A LOT to me, and my music has made at least a couple people smile. If I have to go head to head with any Evil FOX employees, so be it- that could never stay in the way of my future! If anything it would just be more publicity!

No piece of art is so precious that we must sit on it like were a dung Beatle (IMO). I barely ever finalize my music these days. I take it to a level, think about it objectively, bring it to the appropriate composition, and welcome whatever feedback I get before I commit myself to anything in the near future.

Myspace serves a function. So do forum Trolls and evil CEO's. They share information, and present situation from which to gather data. If the data is useless, you aready no how to use a keyboard. Move on.

BTW, just because Trolls are a great socialogical reference point, doesn't mean they have any integrity or self-respect. I'm not forming any opinons on any one individual. Just thought I would share that one.
well put Lofa

I definitely really like the networking thing it's done - it really does keep people in touch in a much more straight forward and interesting way than email - and you can get lost for hours just clicking on people's links and hear great music

i agree with the point hatchets made about random assholes wasting it - but I dont think it really matters because you can click "deny" and then keep your own little "sub"-group of friends - you have total control over who you link to and there are loads of people not like that one

myspace can only be a good thing - and as for the corporate side of it - there are far more harmful corporations and at least this particular facet of fox is not the bit rotting peoples brains with contrived news

besides they do the simpsons so they cant be ALL bad
:lol:

Hatchets McGee

Post by Hatchets McGee » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:26 am

glitchrock-buddha wrote:I'm wondering about myspace as well because I've been thinking about joining up to post tunes and all that, but have heard mixed feelings.

Are there better alternatives, or is pretty much the way to go for now?
try www.tagworld.com ....i didnt read the terms & conditions, heh, but I believe you get something obscene like a gigs worth of space for hosting.

theres nothing to suggest it wont turn into a mindless hell-hole like myspace, but for now its unspoiled terrain.....unspoiled as in guys with a 17k friendlist arent automatically inviting/begging you to check out their tunes

RE: the pm thing....ya I would have prefered that, but it wasnt really my choice

astronmr20

Post by astronmr20 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:05 am

I see it's already been put to bed but,

Yes all that means is that they don't owe you music license royalties when it gets played anywhere on myspace. That's ALL.

Rupert sucks, but I like myspace. Well, Some things about it. The only thing that sucks about myspace is some PEOPLE who use it.. the sluts, the whores, the abusers, etc. Which is what you get ANYWHERE in life.
Steve

Metric Halo 2882, Dual 1.8G5, Logic, Ableton, UAD-1, Volumaxes, Sta-level

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:11 am

I like myspace, although its value is dwindling as it collapses under its own weight. It's a fantastic way to network, and although I realize the paranoid, and bitter and twisted among you will naturally hate it, it does have a lot to offer. And yes, there are those who will abuse it, like those who add fictitous 'friends' just to get their counts up. But there will always be those trying to take the easy way out.

Louis

Post by Louis » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:12 am

Myspace is shit...

But I have gotten laid by enough random women that I have met on there to justify keeping an account.

Here's an experiment I'm going to try soon... I'm going to make a profile and my name will be "DJ __insert name here__". I will post some lost trance mixes that I will randomly find on the internet and say they are mine. Then I will put pictures of my self sitting on the "1's and 2's" with my hand cupped over one earphone, with the other earphone behind my ear, other hand on a mixer knob. Preferably the picture will be in a dark room with neon lights. There will be 16 year old girls standing around the decks watching in amazement with the "how does he make that sound with that knob" look on their face. More pictures of mingling and shit with a corona or zima bottle in my hand. If possible, a picture with me standing close to a well known dj acting like it's nothing. I will send friends request to everybody and their mom. I will have my friends put fake comments on my page that say shit like "damn dude, that was a crazy after party with those chicks the other night" and "dude, get at me when you finish that mix"...

Then I will let the befriending of cute local chicks commence, and sex will follow.

That is the plan. And afterwards I will tell them that I am not a DJ, and just for spite I will lie to perpetuate the patheticness of the situation by telling them I live in my mothers basement, have no job and things like that.

I'm willing to bet this would work.

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:23 am

Man... you're one sad, bitter dude.

And when all the other losers do the same thing, it won't work any more...
Last edited by hambone1 on Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.