OT: World Cup $^@&#!!! Brasil!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sans soleil

Post by sans soleil » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:41 am

it's funny...in toronto, it doesn't matter who wins, someone's going nuts somewhere. having said that, i think i saw more depressed brazilians than happy french today (esp. in kensington).

gotta say that i'm happy for france tho...i didn't think they'd make it this far (and i hope they beat portugal 'coz otherwise my neighbourhod's gonna be overrun by crazed horn-honking freaks driving souped-up hondas with portugese flags for 3 days),

...gotta love TO...

hereschenes

Re: OT: World Cup $^@&#!!! Brasil!

Post by hereschenes » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:37 am

ishimaru wrote: Sorry. I thought everyone who wanted to see the game has already

No worries... :) I was getting up at stupid hours to watch the games when Australia was still in, but I can't be bothered since the Azzurri's fantastic flop killed us off... Posting a "spoiler warning" in your subject heading is a good idea, like DKF suggested.
sans soleil wrote: ...gotta love TO...
Terrell Owens?

peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:21 am

man, that was a crazy parisian night
ppl honking and screaming in the streets all night long.

do they make tablets big enough for a country to swallow?
cause france must have a massive hangover....

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:59 am

Well done, France! (although I wanted Brazil to win)

Perhaps Zidane can retire again, only to be recalled by the spirits...

netchaiev

Post by netchaiev » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:45 am

Crazy night is right, I was on the Champs Elysées with 100 000 people walking up and down, w/ a bottle of champagne and some friends.
If you live in a shit spirited country, just buy some soccer game off and everybody's happy! :twisted:
MBP 2011/i7/10.8/Live 8 Suite/M4L+Launchpad+TF+KorgNano.
http://soundcloud.com/netchaiev
http://www.vimeo.com/user408737

Gygaxian

Post by Gygaxian » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:26 am

Italy vs Germany is going to be a game.

I cannot wait to watch it; and its on the 4th of July.
What better way for a nice American bloke like me to spend the holiday than with my Italian friends going apeshit over soccer and cold Carlsbergs?

Viva Italia!!!! :twisted:

forge

Post by forge » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:39 am

chagos wrote:Italy vs Germany is going to be a game.

I cannot wait to watch it; and its on the 4th of July.
What better way for a nice American bloke like me to spend the holiday than with my Italian friends going apeshit over soccer and cold Carlsbergs?

Viva Italia!!!! :twisted:
have you not heard? from here on only Germany supporters will be eligible for the Live 6 upgrade

Gygaxian

Post by Gygaxian » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:55 am

well i mean uh . . .ich liebe Germany!

philippe n

Post by philippe n » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:28 pm

wait and see for the finale...
what a good match yesterday!
I want the same against portugal!
Win xp sp2, asus a8n-e, amd 3500+, 2g ram, Line6 Toneport ux2, live 7, Ozone3

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:15 pm

France showed what most of teams (Argentina in particular) miss- true sportsmanship and class, specially Zidane who is probably the greatest player of all times after Pele. Last night watched a documentry about that unsporty bum, Maradona, if not that he is a selfish asshole, he could be called tragic figure, his absence on the Germany game which meant a lot to his compartiots-Argentinian team, was another example of that, he does not deserve pity If he played better then Pele we will never know but while he was whinning ( to the currupted Argentinian president) that FIFA cheated him on the title of greatest footballer of all times, it was amazing to see and hear Pele on German TV 5 minutes after Brasil lost- fair, honest, respectfull. That man is not just great sportsmant but great human being and his name will be synonymous with football forever.

Hypomixolydian

Post by Hypomixolydian » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:49 pm

rikhyray wrote: Last night watched a documentry about that unsporty bum, Maradona, if not that he is a selfish asshole, he could be called tragic figure, his absence on the Germany game which meant a lot to his compartiots-Argentinian team, was another example of that, he does not deserve pity
Maradonna was a great player and there is no doubt about it. He wasn't at the German game because a friend of his wasn't allowed in because of not having the correct ID (due to security at the games). So for his friend's sake he decided not to go into the stadium, but rather went back to the hotel with his friend so they could watch the match on TV. So isn't that a nice gesture?

Digi V

Post by Digi V » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:03 pm

brazil's downfall to an old and dying (lucky at times) france team is pure horror.

brazil had a fucking pool of talent and yet the retarded coach (who pulled that lame 94 winning team to victory) fucked this up so bad i cant see him coaching ever again. he chooses to play old verterans who didn't play well at all instead of fast young yet to be superstars that showed nothing but hunger is maddness.

soon as the line up and formation was annoucned i just knew brazil was fucked. they looked fucked, since the drop of the ball. i'd bet my life that if he started the team that played against japan , france would have lost by 2 or 3 goals.

sad day. now my support is for portugal and its masterful coach.

Hatchets McGee

Post by Hatchets McGee » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:26 pm

the france team old and dying ?

they played an excellent game, from start to finish. brazil lost fair and square. france deserved to win, I was sad to see brazil lose.

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:30 pm

IMO, France were superb, and I think they can go all the way. Although I realize they ain't spring chickens, Zidane, Henry, even Vieira were excellent.

A sad, overweight Ronaldo, aging Roberto Carlos, and trickster Ronaldinho were beaten by a better team. Sad but true.

Digi V

Post by Digi V » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:01 pm

hambone1 wrote:IMO, France were superb, and I think they can go all the way. Although I realize they ain't spring chickens, Zidane, Henry, even Vieira were excellent.

A sad, overweight Ronaldo, aging Roberto Carlos, and trickster Ronaldinho were beaten by a better team. Sad but true.
you're absolutely fucking crazy and that is one of the things i hate about football.

a team has one or two decent games and their amazing. they wont win the cup, they prob wont beat portugal.

france played like shit for the majority of the tournament, came out fortunate against spain, and got help from the brazilian coach to beat brazil.

yes they played better than brazil but did brazil even play? i mean look at the fucking game. the line up was horrible (everyone was screaming to replace carlos and cafu) and the formation, conservative strategy was asinine.

who plays conservative with a pool of talent like that?

if brazil had the squad that played against japan, verses france , france would have lost by 2 or 3 goals.

ha even playing shitty if brazil tied it up at the end, france would have lost, they were dead tired by the end.