Ableton Live 6 will be announced at Summer NAMM

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:46 am

Yeah, it won't compete in that way with logic since logic has all the built in goodies.

A b3 emu that is really good, a very good ep, sculpture is very nice......except some over cpu zealous patches, gap is awsome....but don't hit the tremelo...........etc.....etc....

However, my guess is that the dual cpu is the absolute fore-front in the delvelopment......especially considering they were about the first to go UB.......

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:50 am

I'm REALLY hoping it doesn't turn into 'Complete Music Solution' bloatware, trying to do everything for everyone and choking under its own complexity and weight. IMO, Live's simplicity is one of its greatest attributes.

Modular configuration would be great. We all use it in so many different ways. The ability to streamline your setup for how you use Live would be fantastic.

Rx

Post by Rx » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:22 pm

subbasshead wrote:& from what Mr Monolake demonstrated with that beautiful ambient piece, deeper generative controls/follow actions/control structure...
is this beautiful ambient piece available somewhere for listening pleasure?
Arp Laszlo
arphaus.com

Dell 6000d: 2.0ghz Pentium 760 | 1gb DDR2 ram
Echo Indigo DJ | Korg microKONTROL | faded black t-shirt emblazoned with 'Detroit' in gothic type

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:54 pm

Rx wrote:is this beautiful ambient piece available somewhere for listening pleasure?
Here ya go...

http://www.monolake.de/audiofiles/gener ... 062006.mp3

even

Post by even » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:06 pm

hambone1 wrote:The ability to streamline your setup for how you use Live would be fantastic.
and thus assuring computer resources are used for what you will be needing only

yes, i second that

Rx

Post by Rx » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:09 pm

hambone1 wrote:
Rx wrote:is this beautiful ambient piece available somewhere for listening pleasure?
Here ya go...

http://www.monolake.de/audiofiles/gener ... 062006.mp3
thank you.
Arp Laszlo
arphaus.com

Dell 6000d: 2.0ghz Pentium 760 | 1gb DDR2 ram
Echo Indigo DJ | Korg microKONTROL | faded black t-shirt emblazoned with 'Detroit' in gothic type

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:19 pm

even wrote:
hambone1 wrote:The ability to streamline your setup for how you use Live would be fantastic.
and thus assuring computer resources are used for what you will be needing only

yes, i second that
But who will answer the noobs?
Presets for this system are a must :wink:

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:33 pm

well, we know multi-threading is coming.
that was announced as a v.6 feature when v.5.2 came out.

so anyone with more than one cpu core will probably be looking forward to this version.

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:58 pm

AdamJay wrote:well, we know multi-threading is coming.

so anyone with more than one cpu core will probably be looking forward to this version.
And... if they do it right... anyone with a quad G5 will be laughing. Manically.
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:01 pm

noisetonepause wrote:

And... if they do it right... anyone with a quad G5 will be laughing. Manically.
Damn, then those future woodcrest owners will be screaming in extasy :twisted:

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:51 pm

how bout something like the combinator for live? so we can wrap up several tracks and plugs into one live clip.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

funk313

Post by funk313 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:00 am

YEEEEEEEEEEEES! :twisted:

lola

Post by lola » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:51 am

Wished ableton would be hardware.
Just see it as an mpc but with the ableton engine and a vst engine.
A set of good convertors, a dsp unit wich u can expand.

So u have to do nothing with windows and cpu upgrading.
Would be rock solid, and is portable.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:58 am

hambone1 wrote:I'm REALLY hoping it doesn't turn into 'Complete Music Solution' bloatware, trying to do everything for everyone and choking under its own complexity and weight. IMO, Live's simplicity is one of its greatest attributes.

Modular configuration would be great. We all use it in so many different ways. The ability to streamline your setup for how you use Live would be fantastic.

I don't think it needs to go into bloatware mode to include some of the key missing features.

I bet there's still many a DJ out there who would be pleased with master "nudge tempo" buttons.

I would be very pleased with multiple lanes of automation on each arrange track, loop mode audio record (IE overdubbing loops in session) , and session automation recording.

none of those would detrimentally impact the GUI.

in fact even adding a "Video Instrument" wouldn't impact the GUI any more than Operator does ... and a 'video instrument' would probably be a more appropriate $100 add-on as it would be a bit 'special' and not annoy customers who didn't want it.

I will happily take your modular options and the 'combinator' clips though ... if you are offering. ;)

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:08 am

It needs a mode where you can FULLY map MIDI. Anything(s) to anything(s) with the ability to set ranges and what not. If no company is going to give us a controller that fits every need, let us configure the software to fit our needs based on these shitty controllers :) :)