Stop waiting for instruments...GO OUT AND BUY THEM

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
inis

Stop waiting for instruments...GO OUT AND BUY THEM

Post by inis » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:05 am

lol, im just so sick of seeing everyone already bitching about no free new instrument of somekind in v.6.

Everyone wants something for free. Sure, there are only a couple new effects, some little stuff here and there and th macro thing (which i think is easily worth the price of admission), but...
I dont rememeber live 5 being that big of an upgrade either for the price. Not much more than 6 anyway. And I remember people bitching then.

Stop waiting for ableton to hand you the synth to compete with all synths. The sound that will change the world and get you a record deal.

Just spend some cash and go buy fucking Komplete or something.

Everyone forgets to quickly here what live does and how amazing it has made their lives when creating music. They just get greedy and want more. Well, more is out there. If you dont like the way ableton is dealing, DONT BUY THE FUCKING SOFTWARE. THERE A HUNDREDS OF AMAZING INSTRUMENTS OUT THERE RIGHT NOW

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:10 am

yeah!!!

ekko

Re: Stop waiting for instruments...GO OUT AND BUY THEM

Post by ekko » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:20 am

inis wrote: If you dont like the way ableton is dealing, DONT BUY THE FUCKING SOFTWARE.
I don't like the way Ableton is dealing, and I don't think I'll buy their software anymore.

See? :D

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:23 am

Don't forget the people who take time out of their personal lives to create FREE plug-ins, many of which kick ass, all they ask is for you to use them.

Scube

Post by Scube » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:41 am

ekko wrote:
inis wrote: If you dont like the way ableton is dealing, DONT BUY THE FUCKING SOFTWARE.
I don't like the way Ableton is dealing, and I don't think I'll buy their software anymore.

See? :D
It's incredible.. I love this software and I think I will continue to support Ableton
Another consideration..should you suggest me a free MULTI-SAMPLE plugin?

Scube
Waiting for Qbits..

djsentinel

Post by djsentinel » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:42 am

Uh... well you already own a multi sampler. Just not a very keyboard-friendly version :-P

ekko

Post by ekko » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:45 am

Scube wrote:
It's incredible.. I love this software and I think I will continue to support Ableton
Another consideration..should you suggest me a free MULTI-SAMPLE plugin?

Scube
I love the software, too. I never said anything about the software.

I don't like the business plan Ableton is executing. I didn't like it the say they released Operator, and it's only gotten worse.

Danny Futuro

Post by Danny Futuro » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:03 am

I think the software is simply overpriced for what it is. They need to offer other versions, such as a streamlined version that doesnt come with any plugins, or even a version without instruments. Personally, i only use live for the audio/performance aspect of it, in which case Live 3 was absolutely perfect. What ableton needs to do is follow emagic/apple's business model a la Logic 7.

Logic Express - Decent amount of plugins (but really good ones), plenty of tracks, fantastic midi and audio capabilities, $299

Logic Pro - The works. nuff said. can be had for as little as $499.

Why cant the abe's do this? I'm seriously thinking about buying a used powerbook and sourcing a copy of Live 3 just because I prefer its light and quick feel.
Self-hating american.

lola

Post by lola » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:25 am

Why paying for fucking video implentation, no way hose.
Why don't they look at the futurewishlist for other REAL important things.
I am very dissapointed, first 5 with all those bugs, and now 6 with a lot of shit that i was not hoping for.
There are requests for real mixbusses, real side chain.
Will they implent this in version 11?? so they gain more and more money?

ekko

Post by ekko » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:30 am

lola wrote: Will they implent this in version 11?? so they gain more and more money?
Yes, but only as $200 add-ons.

inis

Post by inis » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:01 am

Danny Futuro wrote:I think the software is simply overpriced for what it is. They need to offer other versions, such as a streamlined version that doesnt come with any plugins, or even a version without instruments. Personally, i only use live for the audio/performance aspect of it, in which case Live 3 was absolutely perfect. What ableton needs to do is follow emagic/apple's business model a la Logic 7.

Logic Express - Decent amount of plugins (but really good ones), plenty of tracks, fantastic midi and audio capabilities, $299

Logic Pro - The works. nuff said. can be had for as little as $499.

Why cant the abe's do this? I'm seriously thinking about buying a used powerbook and sourcing a copy of Live 3 just because I prefer its light and quick feel.
I agree that some kind of business model like this would probably be more successful. When it comes to software, I think the mor combinations and choices you give people the better they are.

Just like alot of people have always said with reason (and i agree), I wouldnt mind paying individual prices to download live effects and everything seperatly.

womoma

Post by womoma » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:21 am

Everyone wants something for free.
NO!

Do you consider Impulse a FREE INSTRUMENT?

NO. its part of Live.

We are paying our hard bummed dole for a software product which is made up of various parts. Most other DAWs come with plenty of instruments and fx and theres no reason why we shouldnt expect to get some nice new toys in our upgrade.

I think Ableton are going down that cynical route companys like Apple are going down.

I dont think people would be bitching as much if the price was a bit more reasonable. Dont get me wrong, the price aint bad, but we arent seeing the outstanding value we expect of Ableton IMO.

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:28 am

womoma wrote:
I think Ableton are going down that cynical route companys like Apple are going down.
True. I have been using Apple products for years now and am all to familair with this propriatary route. Sony kinda started that shit many, many moons ago...

That being said one Apple is enough.

I'll upgrade sooner or later but that's as far as I'm taking it...

iskandar

Post by iskandar » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:30 am

just get reaktor... nuff said

womoma

Post by womoma » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:34 am

whos nuff? he sounds important. im buying reactor.