motu ultralite on/off button

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
maksk

motu ultralite on/off button

Post by maksk » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:59 pm

hmmm, for some reason, my forumacount was lost - had to re-register

am I the only one who's getting nuts of turning my ultralite off? sometimes i have to try 10 times until it's off and doesn't flop on again...
3.... 2.... 1.... plop! oh fuck, pressed a microsecond to long - he's botthing up again!
:)
my on/off button is seeing way more use than nesseary

M.

ps: I LOVE this machine
I'm the Evil Ableton Operator, with my pumping Saturator

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:24 pm

Hmmm, works fine for me. I can keep the button held indefinitely once it shuts off and it won't turn back on. Dumb question, but are you sure you're not accidentally releasing your finger a bit and re-pressing it?

maksk

Post by maksk » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:29 pm

i'm pressing a tiny bit to long, i guess, but it's not simple to coose when to release... if you leave it on or short after the 1, it gets back on, or if you leave it to late, it booths back on to
the 'releasetime' is very short, i think

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:36 pm

I think perhaps your power button may be defective. I can hold mine for an hour and it's not going to turn back on unless I release and press again. Just checked (not for an hour really, but for a minute or so).

bigbadotis

Post by bigbadotis » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:17 pm

I don't have this problem either.

dazzer

Post by dazzer » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:37 pm

It happened to me a lot when I forst got the Ultralite. I have to say that now everything seems OK so I guess I've learned to instinctively release it at the right point.

FWIW, someobody else posted this problem on another forum i go on - think it was OSX Audio. And on that forum, everyone responded saying it didn't happen to them.
So you're not alone! As I said, no probs for me now so i've stopped worrying about mine.

maksk

Post by maksk » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:38 am

thnaks for the replies
strange though, taht some users here can hold the button (for hours so to speak) and that it won't turn on again... and than on the other side users that have the problem to.
guess i'm going to send a little mail to motu's tech service, just for the hack of it...

maksk

Post by maksk » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:38 pm

dazzer wrote: FWIW, someobody else posted this problem on another forum i go on - think it was OSX Audio. And on that forum, everyone responded saying it didn't happen to them.
So you're not alone! As I said, no probs for me now so i've stopped worrying about mine.
if found it and left a post...
i've contacted motu too and hoping to hear from them..
it's driving me nuts! (and i'm wearing off my button!)

Sales Dude McBoob

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:47 pm

maksk wrote:strange though, taht some users here can hold the button (for hours so to speak) and that it won't turn on again... and than on the other side users that have the problem to.
People who buy a piece of gear when the unit is a relatively new design get early genereations of the product. You can bet that this little quirk you have will be resolved with future incarnations of the model. That's just the way it goes.

Lucky for you MOTU is solid stuff so this little quirk isn't likely to be anything but an annoyance.

maxi

Post by maxi » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:25 am

(maksk with old acount)

i just found the time is longer when i use the busspower
i can hold the bbutton down and it won't turn on again, but when i release it, it pops back on (what is normal maybe)
anyway, my motu gets replaced by a new ultralite on monday (thanks to the great guys at ampco)

dazzer

Post by dazzer » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:42 am

i wrote to MOTU about mine. In a roundabout kind of way they said that I could send the unit in if it isn't working properly (which it now IS) but I'm sure that means sending it to the US (I"m in Hong Kong) which would mean a long time with no unit.

So, as it works fine at the moment, I said I'd hold onto it. As I said, it now works like a champ. Fingers crossed it doesn't start getting flakey again.

maxi

Post by maxi » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:51 pm

Received my new ultralite, and guess what? this one hasn't got the problem!

i'm a very happy man :)