Party people vs police

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
funk313

Party people vs police

Post by funk313 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:05 am

So im about to throw this really nice liveset including moog voyager, dave smith poly evolver, jomox 09, mpc 1000, future retro 777 etc (eh dont be jealous im just borrowing from the company i work for mayn!)Analog POWER!!

The gig was out behind Christiania here in Copenhagen..at this really good friend of mine avin his yearly birthday party..

So hundreds are there, open sky, good good music, chillin, smilin, throwing good vibes at each other etc ..no problemos whut so ever..just as im about to begin the first couple of boys in blue arrives..later we´re talkin about 5 wagons + 2 police cars, 3 dogs and about 40 pigs..

Da fuk is going on Dude! about 10 people where arrested and cuffed for doing nuthin..just askin the same question everybody was askin.."WHUT WHY??"

Fortunatly nothin really violent went down..well this pig delibaretly stepped on my toe..and something else went down cuz heard alot of yelling and screaming at one point..so there might have been hefty violence involved

I know some of yall has experienced something similar and probably much worse..but this was some of the ugliest things ive seen in a long time..cuz for me
its as much as violence as it is oppression n fucked up attitudes..

Shit we´re thew ones paying their fkn salary..

So whut you guys do to avoid pigs all of a sudden come gate crashing..

Cuz the party MUST go on..absolutely MUST go on..by any means necessary

mathew

Post by mathew » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:18 am

get your permits in order, have someone who doent talk in slang be the "manager" or whatever for the event. his person should be sober, btw. and not wearing baggy, colorfull clothing with green hair.

sometimes if you have permits, do things professionally and...
accepting the problem will only make it go away.
Not Boyfriend Material

fraq

Re: Party people vs police

Post by fraq » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:25 am

funk313 wrote:So im about to throw this really nice liveset including moog voyager, dave smith poly evolver, jomox 09, mpc 1000, future retro 777 etc (eh dont be jealous im just borrowing from the company i work for mayn!)Analog POWER!!

The gig was out behind Christiania here in Copenhagen..at this really good friend of mine avin his yearly birthday party..

So hundreds are there, open sky, good good music, chillin, smilin, throwing good vibes at each other etc ..no problemos whut so ever..just as im about to begin the first couple of boys in blue arrives..later we´re talkin about 5 wagons + 2 police cars, 3 dogs and about 40 pigs..

Da fuk is going on Dude! about 10 people where arrested and cuffed for doing nuthin..just askin the same question everybody was askin.."WHUT WHY??"

Fortunatly nothin really violent went down..well this pig delibaretly stepped on my toe..and something else went down cuz heard alot of yelling and screaming at one point..so there might have been hefty violence involved

I know some of yall has experienced something similar and probably much worse..but this was some of the ugliest things ive seen in a long time..cuz for me
its as much as violence as it is oppression n fucked up attitudes..

Shit we´re thew ones paying their fkn salary..

So whut you guys do to avoid pigs all of a sudden come gate crashing..

Cuz the party MUST go on..absolutely MUST go on..by any means necessary
You're living in Copenhagen, and talking about "pigs" and "oppression"?
Are you 15 or something?

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:44 am

Has the original post been lost in space since the 1960s?

I agree. A permit, professional attitude, and someone in charge who has enough tact to not refer to law enforcement as 'pigs' could go a long way.
Last edited by hambone1 on Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Benshik

Re: Party people vs police

Post by Benshik » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:46 am

funk313 wrote:Fortunatly nothin really violent went down..well this pig delibaretly stepped on my toe..and something else went down cuz heard alot of yelling and screaming at one point..
probably one of ur mates broke his nail while being handcuffed.

CopyRightJustice

Post by CopyRightJustice » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:29 am

It's all part of the fun,just keep it freindly,choose your venue wisely and don't charge,if the police turn up its a bonus you then have security to deal with the minority of trouble makers that spoil a good party.As for getting a licence,paramedics,toilets,security...ect that takes the freedom away which for me is the whole point. plus not all of us have £10k to spend.
We pull partys all summer here in the uk/east anglia to which the police reguarly attend and there is rarely any trouble or bad feeling(unlike in most city center club/pub land) so smile don't grind and PARTY ON

Peace

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:52 am

In my experience, the pigs have always been the least of anyone's worries.
we have violent criminals to worry about gate crashing...
spreader of butter

jamief

Post by jamief » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:03 am

we had plenty of experience of police in the early 90,s.
We would usually infer we were shooting a video for a band. And we would have a cameraman ( pal with video) :D filming it all.
us eto play with tr 707, tr 909, juno 60 tb303,tr 606 and ensoniq eps 16 +.
just making it up as i went along :D :D
Them were the days :D :D .
venues industrial units, railway tunnels , farms etc etc 1989-95

Aceeedddd 8O 8O 8O

NOTE my WACKy JUMPER :oops: :P

~~These are from a do in Barcelona ( i left the ouitfit in 96 )

Image 8O 8O 8O
Last edited by jamief on Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:06 am

I suppose you werent worried about your equipment those days ?
I'd love to take my toys out to play, but most of the parties here arent secure enough
spreader of butter

jamief

Post by jamief » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:09 am

b0unce wrote:I suppose you werent worried about your equipment those days ?
I'd love to take my toys out to play, but most of the parties here arent secure enough
no i wasn'tbut in hindsight i should have been. But this was before the police started getting heavy handed.
i was 18 at the time and popping pills and the rest 8O 8O 8O :lol: :lol:

jamief

Post by jamief » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:22 am

b0unce wrote:In my experience, the pigs have always been the least of anyone's worries.
we have violent criminals to worry about gate crashing...
Well yes but who else would supply the drugs. i,m not condoning it but thats the way it worked back then

jamief

Post by jamief » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:24 am

hambone1 wrote:Has the original post been lost in space since the 1960s?

I agree. A permit, professional attitude, and someone in charge who has enough tact to not refer to law enforcement as 'pigs' could go a long way.
Well may be but it gets kinda boring that way. better to be sort how can i put it - DAngerous !

funk313

Post by funk313 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:20 pm

hAha nope I aint 15 (wish I was tho sometimes) im actually double dat..

anyway the party was held on private grounds far far away from neigbors..its just a VERY big brthday party..and its known for its good vibes, smilin people etc..for all i know there has never been any kind of trouble or problem..until yesterday..the use of force was totaly overkill..

and eh YO fraq this was a clear example of oppression..when the swine does something like that, without any reason at all, its oppression..the popo have been constantly harrasing people from Christiania for about 2-3 years now..Christiania used to be military barracks which then was occupied in the 70s by hippies..known for its sale of weed and to be a cultural sweetspot..its also a very attractive piece of land, so its a clear political decision to get rid of people and build new shoppingmalls etc. an unusual amount of people have been arrested since they started the campaign..in which over 80% have been dismissed by the judges, because of errors and totally stupid claims..

anyways think im gonna bang out an electro version of "Fuck the Police"..

pæce!

funk313

Post by funk313 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:23 pm

jamief wrote:we had plenty of experience of police in the early 90,s.
We would usually infer we were shooting a video for a band. And we would have a cameraman ( pal with video) :D filming it all.
us eto play with tr 707, tr 909, juno 60 tb303,tr 606 and ensoniq eps 16 +.
just making it up as i went along :D :D
Them were the days :D :D .
venues industrial units, railway tunnels , farms etc etc 1989-95

Aceeedddd 8O 8O 8O

NOTE my WACKy JUMPER :oops: :P

~~These are from a do in Barcelona ( i left the ouitfit in 96 )

Image 8O 8O 8O
haha cool bro!! was sooo much lookin forward to tweakytwang my Future-retro 303 clone and bang on the Jomox and MPC...ACEEEEEEEDa JACK JACK JACK ACEEEEEEED

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:26 pm

we used to do parties in a big warehouse, our favourite wheeze was to get our legal pal (a Raul Duke type ;) ) to ring the police up beforehand and explain we are having a private party for some music biz launch type event.
We would say - because of the area there will be lots of expensive cars and out of town people coming, could you keep an eye out and make sure no-one gets mugged or cars get stolen, that sort of thing.

The first time - they sent 3 cars full of police to guide our guests toward the party and sat there in shifts keeping an eye on everyone's transport!

It was so funny, everytime our legal friend went out to ask them to do something on the fringes of rediculous, with all of us sniggering crazilly from hidden positions.

anyway, I guess you had to be there