ot...why i believe in the death penalty

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jackmazzotti

Post by jackmazzotti » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:41 pm

Accused Serial Molester Arrested Nine Times

how is this possible :?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160034,00.html

Schwartzmiller's criminal record began 35 years ago, but he never registered as a sex offender and spent just 12 years in prison. In his time on the outside, police suspect he molested children as many as 36,000 times in several states, Mexico and Brazil.

jackmazzotti

Post by jackmazzotti » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:48 pm

more to boggle the mind

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,158314,00.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,157317,00.html

our justice system seems to be more of a job market for lawyers then anything to do with right and wrong

sqook

Post by sqook » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:00 pm

Hey jack, you might find the forums at http://www.sexcriminals.com/forums/ a bit more receptive to these links than the live community....

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:41 pm

jackmazzotti wrote:
our justice system seems to be more of a job market for lawyers then anything to do with right and wrong
Every person has the right to an advocate (defense lawyers) on their behalf in the eyes of the law (Court System) - otherwise we'd just be throwing people in jail for the hell of it (prosecutors)

They're just doing their jobs - it's the people who vote, politicans and what who actually make the laws and the sentencing guidelines

In washington for all felonies we have sentencing guidelines - if it's your first offense with no sexcual motivation the judge is requided to sentence you to 0 - 60 days mandatory $1000 fine and from there it goes up and up and up

also whether it was sexually motivated crime, intent, blah blah blah

Basically I think it's set up ok for the most part - you just can't go throwing every sex criminal away for life because there's so many different factors as to why a person commits the crime - maybe he was on drugs or off his drugs

Oh my...speaking of - Kirkland is up in arms over the 4 person murder / Arson this last month - the guy who did it was blacked out on Liquor when he murdered the kids and 2 girls and then burned the house down <-- wow

Oh here we go - the kids were 3 and 5

FYI Norm Maleng doesn't think he did it in a black out - who know

Kirkland Washington Murders
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:47 pm

I don't think I have an issue with the death penalty in a perfect justice system.

But $$$ buys or loses justice too often IMHO. (OJ)

Also, on S*X offenders, I wish there was more of a distinction between people who rape kids and people who are caught with their GF in their car or something.

I think John Lenon would have been branded a sex offender/domestic terrorist for holding his love-in thingies in 2006.

:roll:
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:04 pm

Kodama wrote:I don't think I have an issue with the death penalty in a perfect justice system.

But $$$ buys or loses justice too often IMHO. (OJ)

Unfortunately nothing you can do about that - money buys the best health care, houses, cars, legal defence etc

But lawyers (at least in Wa.) are required to do X amount of Pro Bono work every year - doesn't mean they'll defend you for free but it's an FYI

and a lot of talented Defence lawyers don't start out charging an arm and a leg - some don't want to but you can't defend people for free for ever (unless you're already really really rich)

and CSI types, experts, DNA stuff etc etc costs money as well

Yeah it would be nice to get the best legal representation for nothing but that's not a reality

you're next best bet is to get with a lawyer *ahem* who knows people
Ableton | Elektron

Music

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:09 pm

$$ buys justice, that's been a universal truth for centuries.

What about Woody Alan divorcing his wife and marrying his adopted daughter? How would people feel if Spike Lee did that, or DJAdonis?
jackmazzotti wrote:our justice system seems to be more of a job market for lawyers then anything to do with right and wrong
That is truly the dumbest thing I've read in a long time. That's like blaming illeagal hunting on having too many forests.

If anything it's people like Mazzotti who are hiring all the lawyers. People who are uptight and in other peoples' business, judging them, carrying on about who should be in prison.

Throwing up headlines is no way to make a point, remove thy mouth from the Fox News teet.

Jack - Did you know your favorite actor had sexual relations with men?

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:10 pm

djadonis206 wrote: you're next best bet is to get with a lawyer *ahem* who knows people
Or stay out of trouble...
Ableton | Elektron

Music

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:19 pm

DeadlyKungFu wrote:$$ buys justice, that's been a universal truth for centuries.

What about Woody Alan divorcing his wife and marrying his adopted daughter? How would people feel if Spike Lee did that, or DJAdonis?
Everytime I think I'm out - they pull me back in

I'm not dating SpikeLee right now - Jesse Jackson did have a kid out of wedlock

You know what - I just had a Dave Chapelle / Chris Rock moment - white are the only people who get up in arms when someone gets caught cheating - they tried to impeach the president, made Kobe Bryant out to be a Rapist and made a big deal about Jessie Jackson's indiscretions (baby out of wedlock)

Niggas be like "...and, what's the big deal. I think Monique said it best, she was hell yeah, he's the muthafuckin president. Nigga deserve to get his d*ck sucked everyday. He's the president!"

I'm sending that joke in - but those are old issues - funny though
Ableton | Elektron

Music

jackmazzotti

Post by jackmazzotti » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:44 pm

DeadlyKungFu wrote:
that still doesn't stop me from loving Cary Grant even if its true

heck I even like Junior Vasquez from time to time(as a dj that is)

what is truly dumb is money buying justice

also included the dumb list would be thinking I am all about others business because I hate child rapists and seek to expose the complete and udder failure of our courts to stop it with any degree of real effectiveness
I think America needs to ashamed of its self in reguards to this

jackmazzotti

Post by jackmazzotti » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:56 pm

DeadlyKungFu wrote:
If anything it's people like Mazzotti who are hiring all the lawyers. People who are uptight and in other peoples' business, judging them, carrying on about who should be in prison.

Throwing up headlines is no way to make a point, remove thy mouth from the Fox News teet.
who is judging who here:?:

btw I am judging these people as worthy of the death penalty
I am not hiding that

If I were hiring the lawyers there wouldn't be a hungry alligator left in America

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:59 pm

jackmazzotti wrote:
DeadlyKungFu wrote:
that still doesn't stop me from loving Cary Grant even if its true

heck I even like Junior Vasquez from time to time(as a dj that is)

what is truly dumb is money buying justice

also included the dumb list would be thinking I am all about others business because I hate child rapists and seek to expose the complete and udder failure of our courts to stop it with any degree of real effectiveness
I think America needs to ashamed of its self in reguards to this
Nah man - it's us, the people that vote and the people we vote for write in the laws and sentencing guidelines - judges, lawyers and cops are just doing their jobs (why any one would want to be a Prosecutor or cop is beyond me, wait, JACK <--- that's your calling - Prosecutor, yes, no?)

It's us man - me and you (not literally but you know what I mean)

they sit up in the fancy domes in your state capital grabbing intern booty and voting for bills and shit - not the courts yo, not the courts - those are just tiny rooms with people in them being very professional and ethical

Seattle does have some nice courtrooms though - the one my old lady worked out of was nice
Ableton | Elektron

Music

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:04 pm

jackmazzotti wrote:
If I were hiring the lawyers there wouldn't be a hungry alligator left in America
What do you mean, like the Prosecuting attorney?

You did hire them, you voted for 'em didn't you?
Ableton | Elektron

Music

computo

Post by computo » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:49 pm

dirty little secret...Jack is right about the justice system.

All the lawyers and judges with any "clout" are friends, and can easily manipulate the masses into filing frivilous lawsuits, just to get them into the legal system. Then there are a whole HOST of shady activities the lawyers can pull with their buddies on the other side of the aisle, and the bench.

I liken it to the King of the Hill episode where the mold inspector is in cahoots with the mold removal companies.

They basically control both sides, and often use it to fuck over the poor guy who really did get injured on the job.

Lawyers are scum. All of them.

computo

Post by computo » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:50 pm

of course that means, they let their child molesting friends walk, when the time is right.