My Introduction

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
obeyendevor

My Introduction

Post by obeyendevor » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:21 pm

Hey everybody. My name is Gabe. I just got Live 5.1 3 weeks ago. I AM HOOKED!!!

I began my music career recording frestyles using Windows Sound Recorder. Latrer on I got cool edit and recorded using that and was first introduced to fx and editing and mixing etc...

Then I got Fruityloops 2. Worked my way up to FL Studio 5. It was fun to use, but everything sounded too mechanical and plain. Like my music wasnt alive.

Finally got an iBook G$ Fall 05. Helped me out tremendously through college and I got Reason 3.0. Began making the ILLEST rap beats ever.

I got Live a few weeks back and am loving it.

I answered a few ads for a DJ. I never DJ'ed before. I know what im doing, I have a extensive knowledge about music. Just wanted to introduce myself.

Sten

Post by Sten » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:50 am

Welcome aboard, live's pretty much the shit. Everyone's cool around here. Try and post more than I do.

Jaberwookie

Post by Jaberwookie » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:54 pm

Live is easily the most creative, intuitive and flexible DAW on the market. The only things that stop me from using it exclusively are 1) it runs like shit on my G4 PB 2) I'm not too keen on some of the essential FX - EQ and Compression particularly.

So my shopping list is: a decent computer and either a Powercore or a Focusrite Liquidmix to handle the serious stuff.... then it'll be Live all the way!
MacPro Quad Xeon 2.66, 4GB, Fireface 400, Event ASP8, UAD-1e, Live 7, Kore 2, Reaktor 5
Kontakt 3, Battery 3, Plogue Bidule, Sylenth1, Blue, SoundToys Native FX and some other bits and bobs

ultrasource

Post by ultrasource » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:08 am

Jaberwookie wrote:Live is easily the most creative, intuitive and flexible DAW on the market. The only things that stop me from using it exclusively are 1) it runs like shit on my G4 PB 2) I'm not too keen on some of the essential FX - EQ and Compression particularly.

So my shopping list is: a decent computer and either a Powercore or a Focusrite Liquidmix to handle the serious stuff.... then it'll be Live all the way!
My shopping list is the same. My powerbook just doesn't cut it so I've been going light on fx and trackcount. I'm going to replace it with an iMac and the LiquidMix (providing it lives up to the hype). Throw in either a MOTU and RME interface and I'll be okay for some time.
Live keeps me up way too late at night and the workflow is somewhat different than what I was using previously (Cubase) but once I understood the flexibility in the interface, controller assignment, routhing and automation - it has become a workhorse. It has changed my whole method of songwriting to point that I have soooo many Live Sets in my music folder that I always have something to work on.
HP L2000 | Live 5 + Operator | MOTU 828mkII | other stuff

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:29 am

Welcome!