Ableton/glitch issue with dual processor arghh help please!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
michael lauzardo

Ableton/glitch issue with dual processor arghh help please!

Post by michael lauzardo » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:11 pm

Hey whats up i have a question thats driving me nuts.
Ok well I just bought a toshiba satellite notebook t2300 chipset with 1GB of ram. (It's the dual processor). Running windows Media Center = I know it sucks but i didn't reformat it in the beggining ...whatever LOL. Anyway i'm trying to run Ableton 5, but to my surprise it's glitching out. I start to play a clip from my set and stutter starts etc, may play fine for 2 minutes or so then i fire more clips same issue. Shows like 5 to 6 percent cpu usage on the top bar. I also went ahead and set to play all clips from ram instead of trying to access it from the hard drive in real time...no dice. My pentium 4, 2.0 never had these glitchy issue's. Am i fucked becuase it doesn't have dual processor support?! Thats kinda killing me for my upcoming shows! I mean on paper I should be smoking in Ableton right now. I'm also running a M-Audio firewire audiophile. I turned the buffer all the way up also. Just driving me fucking crazy I need to find a solution!
Thanks In advance,
Mike

DJ VAKIS

Re: Ableton/glitch issue with dual processor arghh help please!

Post by DJ VAKIS » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:00 am

michael lauzardo wrote:Hey whats up i have a question thats driving me nuts.
Ok well I just bought a toshiba satellite notebook t2300 chipset with 1GB of ram. (It's the dual processor). Running windows Media Center = I know it sucks but i didn't reformat it in the beggining ...whatever LOL. Anyway i'm trying to run Ableton 5, but to my surprise it's glitching out. I start to play a clip from my set and stutter starts etc, may play fine for 2 minutes or so then i fire more clips same issue. Shows like 5 to 6 percent cpu usage on the top bar. I also went ahead and set to play all clips from ram instead of trying to access it from the hard drive in real time...no dice. My pentium 4, 2.0 never had these glitchy issue's. Am i fucked becuase it doesn't have dual processor support?! Thats kinda killing me for my upcoming shows! I mean on paper I should be smoking in Ableton right now. I'm also running a M-Audio firewire audiophile. I turned the buffer all the way up also. Just driving me fucking crazy I need to find a solution!
Thanks In advance,
Mike
Only Live6 have dual processor support.And you must wait till september like many of us.
Make also sure you run the latest live version,5.2.1
http://www.myspace.com/djvakis
http://mix2r.fm/audio/user/221

----------------------------------------
MacBookPro 13" Core 2 Duo 2.26Ghz 2GB
Live 8 -Operator -Sampler
AKAI LPD8-GENELEC 1029A-iPhone runing TouchOSC.

billpayer2005

Post by billpayer2005 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:50 pm

I have the same problem. Changing buffer doesn't help.
I get good audio then downsampled audio.
Changeing the audio driver to MME then back to ASIO fixes it.
I have turned of any powersettings on my computer (Toshiba Satelline P4 3GHz)

David Nights

Post by David Nights » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:03 pm

i have the same issues with a t2400 dual also..weird...