{Off the mark} Seattle, Washington USA

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
djadonis206

{Off the mark} Seattle, Washington USA

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:34 pm

Oh my...

not only is the weather heating up here <-- hottest weekend on records last weekend but so is everything else

Not only was the ban on gay marriage upheld - I disagree, people no matter what sexual orientation should be able to marry someone they love - this ban just keeps people catergorized and that's not cool

but hella people are getting killed in the most bizarre gruesome ways lately

read this article

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/27/seattl ... index.html

the raver kids, this guy in a black out - Seattle is making the news for everything except Donald <--- that's messed up

anyways - if you were thinking of moving up here, it's cool - you can kick it and things are pretty chill but you might get abducted by Ted Bundy then raped by Gary Ridgeway - he'll drop you off at a middle school where you'll be raped by your teacher, then you can sign a book deal - but when you're out raving with your book money you'll get shot by a crazy person in a black out

I'm moving to Ibiza
Ableton | Elektron

Music

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:54 pm

aww man
why did you guys have to go open the gates of hell ...

Liam

Post by Liam » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:54 pm

Seattle seemed like real nice place - I was there a few weeks ago. The common denominator in these crimes seems to be guns.

Get rid of the guns and then tackle the 60,000 dead in road accidents. Not to mention all the permanently maimed.

The US would be a much better place then.

:)

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:58 pm

sweetjesus wrote:aww man
'Scuse me, can I cut in line? I'm on the guestlist.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:09 pm

DeadlyKungFu wrote:
sweetjesus wrote:aww man
'Scuse me, can I cut in line? I'm on the guestlist.
Such a weird concept people don't understand

what's the point of going out if you're not on the guest list - seriously

Er, Deadly - did you go today at lunch? Please tell me you did? I was talking to my other half last night about Powells and we might be coming down there just for the food - seriously...thinking the first or second week of September
Ableton | Elektron

Music

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:30 pm

I didn't make it to Powell's, my stomach was feeling really funky this morning. I don't know what I ate, but ouch.

September/October are the best times of year to come to SF, Indian summer, perfect weather.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:59 pm

Ok then Mr. kung fu

can you please

Find the equation (in General form) of the function f with f(0)=13 and f(2)=f( 8 )= 1/5.

(hint: Can you show that b=-10a?)

thanks

Adonis
Ableton | Elektron

Music

cosmosuave

Re: {Off the mark} Seattle, Washington USA

Post by cosmosuave » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:10 pm

djadonis206 wrote: Not only was the ban on gay marriage upheld - I disagree, people no matter what sexual orientation should be able to marry someone they love - this ban just keeps people catergorized and that's not cool
Plus it is good for business's that cater to weddings and good for the divorce lawyers..
MD SPS-1 DARKENERGY JX-3P (PG200) Mbase01
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
http://www.cosmosuave.com/

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:19 pm

It's a loose loose situation all the way around for everybody

gays and lesbians are human beings - why should they have one less right than every other human being on the planet

whether it's a lifestyle choice or a product of nature they're human beings and some human beings want to get married

anywayz, hey guys I'm really stressing on this school shit
Ableton | Elektron

Music

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:46 pm

djadonis206 wrote:Find the equation (in General form) of the function f with f(0)=13 and f(2)=f( 8 )= 1/5.

Damn, I don't even remember the proper way to do these.

y = ax^2 + bx + c
At x=0, y=13
13 = a*0^2 + b*0 + c
13 = c

At x=2
1/5 = 4a + 2b + 13
At x=8
1/5 = 64a + 8b + 13
therefore
4a + 2b + 13 = 64a + 8b + 13
0 = 60a + 6b
a = -10b

also,
eq a: 1/5 = 4a + 2b + 13
eq b: 1/5 = 64a + 8b + 13
multiply eq a by 4 to eliminate b
eq a becomes 4/5 = 16a + 8b + 13
subtracting eq b from eq a gives you
3/5 = -48a + 39
a = 0.8
b = -8

y = 4/5x^2 -8x + 13

marky

Post by marky » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:14 am

Man, the world can be pretty depressing sometimes...
Awright Bawjaws, that smells lovely son, gies a wee taste!
--------------------------------
www.myspace.com/interposition

dm_hawk

Re: {Off the mark} Seattle, Washington USA

Post by dm_hawk » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:14 pm

djadonis206 wrote:but you might get abducted by Ted Bundy then raped by Gary Ridgeway - he'll drop you off at a middle school where you'll be raped by your teacher, then you can sign a book deal - but when you're out raving with your book money you'll get shot by a crazy person in a black out
LOL :lol: 8O :lol:

brilliant concise history of seattle: a gorgeous, spooky place where wierd shit happens

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:37 pm

DeadlyKungFu wrote:
djadonis206 wrote:Find the equation (in General form) of the function f with f(0)=13 and f(2)=f( 8 )= 1/5.

Damn, I don't even remember the proper way to do these.

y = ax^2 + bx + c
At x=0, y=13
13 = a*0^2 + b*0 + c
13 = c

At x=2
1/5 = 4a + 2b + 13
At x=8
1/5 = 64a + 8b + 13
therefore
4a + 2b + 13 = 64a + 8b + 13
0 = 60a + 6b
a = -10b

also,
eq a: 1/5 = 4a + 2b + 13
eq b: 1/5 = 64a + 8b + 13
multiply eq a by 4 to eliminate b
eq a becomes 4/5 = 16a + 8b + 13
subtracting eq b from eq a gives you
3/5 = -48a + 39
a = 0.8
b = -8

y = 4/5x^2 -8x + 13
y = .8x^2-8x+13 <--- that's it you got it right DKF - solving systems of equations!

I got some help on that one before class - shitty part is it was the exact equation we had to graph on the very next question - sneeky teacher

Needless to say I kind of blew the quiz - I spent so much time studying this I didn't spend any time on the exponents and radicals - yesterday sucked

but all in all it wont matter much - I'm Live 6ing it and studying all weekend - only 3 more weeks left until another quarter down

yes, seattle is a cool place but some freaky weird shit happens on the regular

peace

Adonis
Ableton | Elektron

Music

err_fatale

Post by err_fatale » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:29 pm

I lived in Seattle 97-99 and although it is a beautiful city in the summer, the winter really does a number on a lot of people's minds. The city is geographically isolated, and the atmosphere often cultivates a sense of loneliness and isolation within the inhabitants, which can lead to insanity after 5 months of solid rain. Summer comes, but they are already gone mentally.

I eventually left because I could not tolerate the sense of isolation and social atrophy I felt there. A lot of people agree that the city just doesn't know how to loosen up and be real. People are very much on their guard, not responsive to spontaneous interactions (not everyone, but generally I felt this way) and it takes a long time to develop a close circle of trusted friends there for a lot of people, me included. I have lived in NYC, S.f., Chicago, Culver City (L.A.) and I can say that the East Coast is way more open and friendly, people just aren't afraid to take a risk in meeting new faces, if you fuck up, you'll get a response, but out west you don't even get the benefit of the doubt usually. Closed Books, especially Seattle. The Mountains and Forest and the city itself are beautiful, but the uber-isolation breeds insanity. I'm telling you. Most of the biggest wackos have come from the North West.

I also many times felt as if the Native Americans cursed the city there because of the evil the white man did to them. Others have felt this too.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:30 pm

err_fatale wrote:I lived in Seattle 97-99 and although it is a beautiful city in the summer, the winter really does a number on a lot of people's minds. The city is geographically isolated, and the atmosphere often cultivates a sense of loneliness and isolation within the inhabitants, which can lead to insanity after 5 months of solid rain. Summer comes, but they are already gone mentally.

I eventually left because I could not tolerate the sense of isolation and social atrophy I felt there. A lot of people agree that the city just doesn't know how to loosen up and be real. People are very much on their guard, not responsive to spontaneous interactions (not everyone, but generally I felt this way) and it takes a long time to develop a close circle of trusted friends there for a lot of people, me included. I have lived in NYC, S.f., Chicago, Culver City (L.A.) and I can say that the East Coast is way more open and friendly, people just aren't afraid to take a risk in meeting new faces, if you fuck up, you'll get a response, but out west you don't even get the benefit of the doubt usually. Closed Books, especially Seattle. The Mountains and Forest and the city itself are beautiful, but the uber-isolation breeds insanity. I'm telling you. Most of the biggest wackos have come from the North West.

I also many times felt as if the Native Americans cursed the city there because of the evil the white man did to them. Others have felt this too.
that's a very good observation on the real.

Adonis
Ableton | Elektron

Music