Intel Core 2 Duo launched 'best processor in the world'

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
err_fatale

Intel Core 2 Duo launched 'best processor in the world'

Post by err_fatale » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:39 pm

"Intel officially announced its Core 2 Duo microprocessors on Thursday, dubbing the desktop "Conroe" and the mobile "Merom" chips "the best processors in the world". Intel also cut other selected processors by as much as 60 percent."

from PCmag online

"The Core 2 Duo processors are simply the best processors in the world," said Paul Otellini, president and chief executive of Intel in a statement annoncing the new chips. "Not since Intel introduced the Pentium processor has the industry seen the heart of the computer reinvented like this."

whooohoo glad I waited on that new laptop i was gonna get. This will be worth another month or two wait.

"Systems based on the new desktop chips will begin in early August; 'Merom' based notebooks will ship near the end of that month. Customers with the coin to purchase a high-end Core 2 Extreme system can have it shipped today, Intel said."

in benchmark tests it was performing 20% better than the Core Duo in many applications.

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:44 pm

Speaking of waiting... I can't wait until my birthday, right after christmas... I'm thinking second generation dual core macbook pro as a b'day/x-mas/graduation gift. I wonder if my family and loved ones will be interested in working with me on this one...

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:49 pm

LOFA wrote:Speaking of waiting... I can't wait until my birthday, right after christmas... I'm thinking second generation dual core macbook pro as a b'day/x-mas/graduation gift. I wonder if my family and loved ones will be interested in working with me on this one...
Lol

I was just thinking the same about the first gen and my birthday. Early september :wink:

err_fatale

Post by err_fatale » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:05 pm

very interesting looking die:

Digi V

Post by Digi V » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:54 am

i'm telling everyone right now, if you're in the market for a new laptop, especially a new mac, fucking wait, believe me, fucking wait.

the numbers coming out around the net right now about the merom is just like 8O

the word is it will absolutely smoke current MBP :evil:
i wish i waited, btu whatever, i've had my mbp for a good while now.

anyways, YOU"VE ALL BEEEN WARNED.

if you bought your machine a month or two ago, whatever. but if you're in the market now WAIT.

just given advice :wink: