level meters?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
joeyfivecents

level meters?

Post by joeyfivecents » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:50 pm

does anyone know if there is a free level meter plugin that I can use on the master track in Live? AU preferably but VST will work too. I absolutely love Live but I really want to know exactly what my level is. Also, I used a presonus firepod to record my band into Live last night-8 channels all tracked at once in the same room into my powerbook. It went off without a hitch. It is a beautiful thing.
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel

peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:51 pm

in Live6, the level meters look like REAL level meters (displaying peak, dBs)

the shoe

Post by the shoe » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:17 pm

the twats that bought out elemental audio still offer the free meters that they did.roger nichols i think

TheAnimal

Post by TheAnimal » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:50 pm

MacBook Pro, iMac i5, Fireface 800, Fireface 400

Cone

Post by Cone » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:46 pm

At least they didn't rename it to Inspect-izer or something equally dreadful. Hate the RN logo though, I'm holding on to my Elemental Audio original vintage Inspector.

D K

Post by D K » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:00 pm

yeah, rn puts his name on it and raises the prices drastically.
what a douchebag.

EEkevin

Re: level meters?

Post by EEkevin » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:08 am

joeyfivecents wrote:does anyone know if there is a free level meter plugin that I can use on the master track in Live? AU preferably but VST will work too. I absolutely love Live but I really want to know exactly what my level is. Also, I used a presonus firepod to record my band into Live last night-8 channels all tracked at once in the same room into my powerbook. It went off without a hitch. It is a beautiful thing.
Glad to hear the multitracking went well. Recently got a pod but haven't had occasion to use that many channels at the same time. As far as meters, I too am hyped about the new ones in L6.
"He had become his real old self again and could look you in the face."

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:00 pm

Yes that will be nice but I just can't afford to buy anything else. I'm stuck with Live 5 for awhile. Sucks. After I bought a powerbook, upgraded to 5 from Live Lite, bought Pluggo, and bought melodyne uno, I'm tapped out.
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:05 pm

One more thing-I rendered the aforementioned recording sessions in Live AND Logic Express. The same songs rendered in Live were louder and punchier. I'm not saying anything about audio quality from program to program or trying to compare the two, I'm just saying. It was interesting, that's all.

Rahlo

Re: level meters?

Post by Rahlo » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:57 pm

joeyfivecents wrote:does anyone know if there is a free level meter plugin that I can use on the master track in Live? AU preferably but VST will work too. I absolutely love Live but I really want to know exactly what my level is. Also, I used a presonus firepod to record my band into Live last night-8 channels all tracked at once in the same room into my powerbook. It went off without a hitch. It is a beautiful thing.
psp audioware, makers of the very very dope vintage warmer plug in, make a free metering plug in called vintage meter. Here's a little blurb from their site:

PSP VintageMeter (free plug-in VST, RTAS, MAS, AudioUnit for MAC and VST, RTAS and DirectX for PC hosts) provides professional VU and PPM metering for mono and stereo tracks. All parameters like integration times and reference levels are widely adjustable to make this free plug-in suitable for any application.

You can grab it here.

Other than that, you have plenty of tools in your PB, Live 5, and Melodyne to make dope music!
peace,

rahlo
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.rahlo.com

MacBook Pro, Live 8, Reason 4, Akai MPD 32, Akai MPK 49, Akai APC 40, Metric Halo ULN-2 expanded, Apogee Duet.

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:25 pm

vintage meter seems strange. I love vintage warmer though. With vintage meter, the master level in Live is showing red but the meters on the VM are barely registering anything. Hmmm.

marky

Post by marky » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:37 pm

You've probably got the metering in VM switched to RMS so you're getting the average as opposed to the peak signalling.
Awright Bawjaws, that smells lovely son, gies a wee taste!
--------------------------------
www.myspace.com/interposition

TheAnimal

Post by TheAnimal » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:42 pm

joeyfivecents wrote:vintage meter seems strange. I love vintage warmer though. With vintage meter, the master level in Live is showing red but the meters on the VM are barely registering anything. Hmmm.
I tried vintage meter a while ago and didn't like it. And Inspector FREE is for free anyway.
MacBook Pro, iMac i5, Fireface 800, Fireface 400