Post your music!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
crt

Post by crt » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:19 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Alex Reynolds wrote:
crt wrote:Remind me of why I should dig shit hiphop recycled through British ears again?
Snap!
because, usually what happens is the americans invent a style and then keep flogging it forever until what was good about it in the first place gives way to soulless unpalettable Mc-mush, and then the brits take what was good about it in the first place and change the face of music with it. :wink:

not really saying that applies to hip hop though, no one will ever beat the original hip-hop acts of the late 80s

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're right, it absolutely doesn't apply to hip hop because aside from Roots Manuva, no one in the UK can pull off decent hip hop. No one outside of the states can. Period. It's an American Black Thing. You wouldn't understand.

So go cry into your Streets t-shirt and fegg orrff!
- / . c r t
---
www: http://www.crtdot.com
g3ar pron: PowerBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, LIVE 4, BCR 2000, PC1600X, Oxygen 8
MOTU 828mkii
your sister on my jock
---
+

crt

Post by crt » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:21 pm

fsk wrote:sorry but when u get home or something do u actually sit there and listen to similar stuff that u've made, id rather* go play with traffic.
By all means. Step out onto the M5 in your b-boy gear. Keep your eyes and blinded as your ears, feel free to look neither way and dive in.
- / . c r t
---
MOTU 828mkii
your sister on my jock
---
+

Alex Reynolds

Post by Alex Reynolds » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:25 pm

crt wrote:You're right, it absolutely doesn't apply to hip hop because aside from Roots Manuva, no one in the UK can pull off decent hip hop. No one outside of the states can. Period. It's an American Black Thing. You wouldn't understand.
-- http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3324409.stm

fsk

Post by fsk » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:25 pm

b-boy gear? sorry how did u come to the conclusion im into hip hop or a b-boy... oh u mean cos i dont like listening to music which consists of erm...... nothing but random crap noise means i can only be into hip hop... ok nice one! tell u wot tho that shiny_shiny tune was quite good, and everytime u was coming in with a beat in the live set i was hoping u would do an actual tune rather than looping that same fx'd conversation for 15 minutes.

Alex Reynolds

Post by Alex Reynolds » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:29 pm

LTJX wrote:...so it would be kind of like the mp3.com was like before, but much better!!
but only registered owners of Live could post stuff.
Enter your Live serial number and you have access to upload your music.

another benefit to people actually purchasing the software.
...i would actually pay Ableton a little extra for that kind of service.

or how about Ableton Records?
how about a bunch of good tracks could then be compiled into a CD or DVD with cool videos with the tracks, or Ableton could partner up with iTunes music store (or one of the millions of upcomeing services like it), where people could buy the tracks. Ableton gets a cut of the sale.
To get this thread back on target, let me just express my support for this idea once again:

-- http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1238

-Alex

fsk

Post by fsk » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:29 pm

You're right, it absolutely doesn't apply to hip hop because aside from Roots Manuva, no one in the UK can pull off decent hip hop. No one outside of the states can. Period. It's an American Black Thing. You wouldn't understand.

U shouldnt really speak, u obviously have no idea, Im hoping u hang urself using ur midi cable right now.

French hip hop? Saian Supa Krew???
UK hip hop? Kila Kella? roots manuva? ty?
Japan hip hop? dont know any not the point, some cornelius beats r great tho.

fsk

Post by fsk » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:31 pm

ok sorry alex :P just i hate people who pretend they know wot they're talking about. Kinda explains the pretentious noise tho.

Alex Reynolds

Post by Alex Reynolds » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:36 pm

crt

Post by crt » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:41 pm

fsk wrote:b-boy gear? sorry how did u come to the conclusion im into hip hop or a b-boy... oh u mean cos i dont like listening to music which consists of erm...... nothing but random crap noise means i can only be into hip hop... ok nice one! tell u wot tho that shiny_shiny tune was quite good, and everytime u was coming in with a beat in the live set i was hoping u would do an actual tune rather than looping that same fx'd conversation for 15 minutes.
FSK,

The image on the index page of your site shows some bloke inna baseball cap and baggy shirt holding a mic then I get the clear impression it's a hip-hop b-boy thing, innit?

Now, had you listened beyond FIVE MINTUES INTO THE SET you would have actually heard that the looped conversation (Britney SPears hersself, btw) had faded out and by SEVEN MINUTES into the set haad been replaced with a great deal of found sound, beats and rhythms. I even use the AMEN LOOP quite liberally (since deleted it from my sample library since it's run its course with me). There are tons of beats in the set, but you seem to have made your judgement based on a mere 5 minutes out of a 45 minute set.

Thank you for your compliments about Shiny shiny. I quite like it meself. It's a good arse shaking song.

Now, how about some of your music? I would like to hear it. Or do you not record from within your glass house? This would be the 2nd time I've asked.
- / . c r t
---
MOTU 828mkii
your sister on my jock
---
+

crt

Post by crt » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:42 pm

Alex Reynolds wrote:
Anonymous wrote:...then the brits take what was good about it in the first place and change the face of music with it. :wink:
Sort of like when the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, John Mayall, Steve Winwood, etc. stole riffs and the occasional "traditional" song from established Black blues musicians, without offering compensation?

I'm British so no need to take this as a nationalistic complaint. A lot of the pop catalog from the 50s and 60s was stolen on both sides of the pond. All that the Brits "changed" in pop music was adding savvy marketing.

Cheers,
Alex
snap!
- / . c r t
---
MOTU 828mkii
your sister on my jock
---
+

fsk

Post by fsk » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:42 pm

i dont have any, i will make u a tune just hold on ok

crt

Post by crt » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:44 pm

Alex Reynolds wrote:
crt wrote:You're right, it absolutely doesn't apply to hip hop because aside from Roots Manuva, no one in the UK can pull off decent hip hop. No one outside of the states can. Period. It's an American Black Thing. You wouldn't understand.
-- http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3324409.stm
Touche. I stand corrected before the might of Alex Reynolds wisdom.
- / . c r t
---
MOTU 828mkii
your sister on my jock
---
+

fsk

Post by fsk » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:47 pm

im neither of them guys tho, although i dont expect u to know that.

I listened to the whole thing twice about 4 nights ago when u 1st posted it up. or u might of posted on another forum and followed a link.

Like i said ur beats were really good and stuff come in then go out a minute later tho thats all and flooded out by noise.

i shall make u a tune tho

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:55 pm

crt wrote: You're right, it absolutely doesn't apply to hip hop because aside from Roots Manuva, no one in the UK can pull off decent hip hop. No one outside of the states can. Period. It's an American Black Thing. You wouldn't understand.

I'm sure. But even then I think most of the idiots doing hip-hop these days don't even come close to capturing what was great about the originals - the days when the producers - like terminator x and afrika islam were integral parts of the whole thing - these days they just find a phrase from a song they like, steal it, stick a really ordinary uninspiring slow beat behind it and shout about how many bitches guns and cars they have. Real insult the the previous greats to even call it hip-hop.

As far as the no-one outside the states comment goes, some french hip-hop is the best I've heard.

fsk

Post by fsk » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:06 pm

www.flexagon.co.uk/yoursong.zip

there u go crt enjoy!!!!!!! only took me 10minutes!!!