London Live User Group

Promote your gigs or events.
cashman

Post by cashman » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:56 am

Okay,
the new date is the 3rd of July.
No fussball and if all goes well, nothing else in the way.

This - http://www.walkabout.eu.com/010/WIPUT/intro.html - is the site of the Walkabout in Putney (bus routes and addresses are included).

Please tell other people that might be interested in this night.

I can be there from about 6.30pm so I suppose we can call that the start time (assuming that's okay with the management), but remember that we have to clear out of the downstairs room by 11pm.

3rd of July
Nearly a DJ
---
Mac PB G4, 1.67Ghz, 1.5Gb/ BCR2000/ EKS XP10/ Akai EWI 4000s/ Korg EMX1/ Saffire LE/ gemini PS-626i mixer various other musical instruments

Screen

Post by Screen » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:43 pm

Sorry to hear Walkabout venue is no longer available, Cashman.

How about the White House (mentioned earlier in this post)

Is the Hive still a possibility??

If people get a months advance notice, I'm sure we'll get a good turnout!

Screen

Post by Screen » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:02 am

Cashman & other LLUG ppl!! where are thee??

Hmm I guess most people are on Holiday mode??? if they can afford it heheh ;-)

Anyone, wanna meet up for a drink?

Especially wanna discuss using a FCB1010 midi controller with Live or any other apps. and the L6 upgrade.

barstu

Post by barstu » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:29 pm

hi is this london meeting still happening, the topic seems to have gone a bit quiet.

macca

Post by macca » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:10 pm

yeah, any news...i wouldnt mind meeting up with some like minded ableton peeps..... :D
P4 3ghz XP, Live 5.03, Reason 3, Absynth 3, 410 F/W Card, Roland Juno D, Alesis M1 Actives. DJM800 Mixer, Technics SLDZ1200, Denon S5000.

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:50 pm

Think we kinda hit a bit of a blank with the venue. The last get together at Walkabout at Putney was pretty cool but Cashman reckoned we couldn't book it again for some reason. :cry:

Anyone have any ideas for somewhere we could meet up??

punkdISCO

Post by punkdISCO » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:06 pm

I know you can hire the Red Room in the Vibe Bar (Brick Lane). For those that don’t know it, the Vibe Bar is a really cool bar that has live stuff on most nights and covers every musical style imaginable..

Obviously hiring a room makes things a bit more complicated..

==
Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
http://www.punkdisco.co.uk/Music/Wot.mp3 - New annoying track, dedicated to DJs.
www.myspace.com/punkdisco - Zero content, more pictures

stejonesefc

Post by stejonesefc » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:18 pm

hi all

recently moved down to london, would love to meet up with people using live, i havent got much experince or knowledge with the programme but i see the potential and know it is the way to go, for me.

Whether it is through the LLUG/SLLUG/NLLUG or just a few people in a macdonalds with a splitter on the headphone jack.

Im in east london, stratford, but can get anywhere. amyone want to meet?

the whole getting things organised is a thankless task and i can see people would be daunted to embark on such a task. but with the views and people in london on the forum surely we could sort something, again?

i can help out where i can...

ste

forge

Post by forge » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:36 pm

if anyone manages to sort anything out, I'll be in town from the 26th Nov to the 3rd of Dec

barstu

Post by barstu » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:42 am

Im in Old Street, Love the Vibe bar just down road from me would be ideal.

serge_a_storms

Post by serge_a_storms » Thu May 17, 2007 5:32 pm

I'm moving back to London in a couple of Months.

It would be great to meet up with some Ableton users, mainly out of getting to know some peeps but also with an ear for some possible collaboration.

Ash.

Archangel

Post by Archangel » Thu May 17, 2007 6:26 pm

Awight peeps and peepettes. ;)

Haven't got a laptop at the mo (looking to pick one up in the next month or 2). I would love to meet up and jam out with some heads.

I'm willing and happy to help organize meets on a fairly regular basis. However, I think it may be a good idea to start off slightly differently. Instead of trying to get into bars etc. how about we rent rehearsal studio spaces?

I think this would be beneficial for several reasons.

a) Guaranteed venue every time.
b) Doesn't cost much, espesh when divided between 10 or so people.
c) Gives everyone the opportunity to get up to speed with group jamming so that when a bar venue is sorted, we can guarantee (almost) decent music for people to listen/dance to.

If you'd like to know a bit more about me and my music before chatting, have a look at my myspace.

I look forward to hearing from you, and hope we can start something with some longevity!

nice ;)

cashman

Post by cashman » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:26 am

Archangel wrote: I think this would be beneficial for several reasons.

a) Guaranteed venue every time.
b) Doesn't cost much, espesh when divided between 10 or so people.
c) Gives everyone the opportunity to get up to speed with group jamming so that when a bar venue is sorted, we can guarantee (almost) decent music for people to listen/dance to.
Hello.
I'm back, kind of.

Wow, it has been very quiet hasn't it!?

a) agree
b) depends on the size and quality of the studio in my experience, but no, it cost much. Although I imagine it would be a problem getting together ten people that were guaranteed to come and pay for the privilege. If this thread is an indication of London Live users, then things aren't looking good (or is everyone just lurking and waiting for others to make the first move?)
c) true

Sorry to rain on any parades. I think it's great that you are willing to get a venue sorted. I found it a little frustrating to be honest. Perhaps I'll see if there is anything available near me again.
Let's get London Live back on track!
Nearly a DJ
---
Mac PB G4, 1.67Ghz, 1.5Gb/ BCR2000/ EKS XP10/ Akai EWI 4000s/ Korg EMX1/ Saffire LE/ gemini PS-626i mixer various other musical instruments

kyleweb

Post by kyleweb » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:36 am

Hey guys, been a bit of a lurker for a while after recently purchasing live and trying to get to grips with it (it is still beating me but slowly i will get the hang of it).

But I am involved with some bars and nights in south london so if there was a group of you wanting to play out I could prob organise a slot for you.

Be very interested personally as all my ableton is self taught and even though I have played out a few times think that the best way to improve sometimes is to watch others and pick up tip/tricks and technique from them.

cashman

Post by cashman » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:59 pm

@ kyle web -
That sounds great.
Let's try and drum up support for the night and we can arrange it.

Calling all London based Live users -

Who's up for a get together? (nice vague description)
Nearly a DJ
---