CM Labs Motor Mix

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
bensuthers

CM Labs Motor Mix

Post by bensuthers » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:22 am

Dear Abletonians. Please tell me if you are everg going to suppport the Motor Mix. If you're not, I will sell it to an unsuspecting protools user.

Thank You,

(an ex protools user who's hanging on to his motor mix for dear life even though it hasn't been turned on in 3 years)

Robert Henke

Post by Robert Henke » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:02 pm

we cannot promise ( as usual ...) but at least we have it on one of these lists...

are there more people here who would want to use it with Live ?
please give us feedback.....

Robert

alyerpal

Post by alyerpal » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:06 pm

Yes, puleeeez! I also have a MotorMix that hasn't been on in a few years. I love it's compactness and it would be great to use with LIVE. Go for it!

subbasshead

Post by subbasshead » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:04 pm

yes i have one & its a great device that i would dearly love to use with live
moving fader automation pleeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssseeeee!

Tom B. Good

Post by Tom B. Good » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:36 am

Add me to the list of motor mix users who'd like to use it with live. I hope it's not that hard for you to code, cuz it'd be great to mix on live with moving faders. I pretty much only use the session view right now, but if I could use my motor mix I'd be more apt to actually mix in live's arrangement view, instead of mixing in Pro tools, like I do now.

intellijel

Post by intellijel » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:15 pm

If you added Motormix support, I would buy a motormix. Please add!

Rogue Scrunt

Post by Rogue Scrunt » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:01 pm

intellijel wrote:If you added Motormix support, I would buy a motormix. Please add!

me too. a great controller, can be had at a reasonable price
for lots of great records, check out,
http://stores.ebay.com/id=64360994?ssPageName=ME:F:ST

glitcher

me too

Post by glitcher » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:35 pm

I'm also a Motormix user.

I´ve wished for this for a long time.

My Motormix is also the seamless Kyma companion.

/GG

markamton

cm motormix

Post by markamton » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:11 pm

please, support cm motormix!!

best regards

gergina

Post by gergina » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:59 am

I'm thinking about buying Live. I have a motor mix and won't be getting another control surface soon. Please support motor mix. That would make my buying decision a lot easier.
best regards

rand

Post by rand » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:24 pm

I'm an owner too.
Please add to the big LIVE 6 list of controllers!

BTW, Any chance one of the existing Live6 controllers actually works decently for a MotorMix too?
Thanks
rand

jackmazzotti

Post by jackmazzotti » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:17 pm

another vote for cm automation

pulse

Post by pulse » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:08 am

Hello there

I have been away for a while !

I stayed with version 4.00 for long ... never wanted mp3 support ... but now with video I just bought the version 6.00 but still no support for the motormix

PLEASE DO IT ... I have been waiting for years for that and I still use Cubase with it and the mouse with live ;-(

When I see the list you now support and I can not understand why the motormix is not in the list ... ok you dont sell it in your package ... ah business ;-)

Hope you will do it very soon ... even basic support, faders, pan and buttons it will be already PARADISE

AMEN !

huupsel

motormix/mackie/ableton

Post by huupsel » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:32 am

Hi there,

i just read a lot of motormix-related items on this forum, seems like there are many motormix-lovers around...

...including me! The motormix is the best midi-controller on this planet. Robust, fader feedback, simple layout...it's a real "mixer".

Too bad the motormix isn't the most supported midi-controller on this planet. It's not sending simple CC's like other controllers (or note's and pitchbends, like the mackie-control).

Because i really wanted to use the motormix in live, i started making a MAX-application to convert all the motormix-messages into the mackie-messages.
Everything worked out fine, but a the time i added bank switch and other extra's, the whole patch went out in a chaoss... So that project ended in an application that converts motormixmessages in general midi-messages, with feedback included. Now i can use my motormix with live, but there are offcourse more interesting ways. Use a motormix with cubase or with Logic, and you'll see what i mean.

So i wrote an email to Carl Malone, the man from CM-labs, with the question if they could code the mackie-protocol in the firmware of the motormix (like the bcf's from behringer and a lot of other controller can).
They allready have a kind of "BABY-HUI" mode included in the firmware, so why not the more famous mackie-control protocol...
This was his reply:

We are coding that now. We will call it the "universal mode".

Best regards,
Carl Malone

Whow, that made me happy! If this is true, we don't have to wait for ableton to implement the motormix in Live! Just connect the motormix, choose mackie-control as your controller and...make music and have fun!

This reply from Carl is about 4 months old. I wrote him back later about this, without any reply. No news about this on www.cmlabs.net
Wnat's going on Carl Malone??

MY POINT:

motormix lovers, write a mail to Carl (cmfluteguy@earthlink.net) and thell him you would love to use the motormix with live and with other mackie-supported software. So cm-labs can start/continue/finish their "universal mode".

OR...

Ableton, please include native support for the motormix! In my opinion, this could be even more interesting than cm's "universal mode". A lot of users would really appreciate this.

thanks,

-huupsel-

Fritz

ableton need to support

Post by Fritz » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:21 pm

I've spoken with Carl and he has sent Ableton pertinent data.
I guess new features have taken the lead over supporting another, yet probably one of the best, controllers.