Favourite classic house track?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:11 am

Lil' Louis - French Kiss
Gat Decore - Passion
My aren't the wings of butterflies beautiful and do they not make wonderful perturbations.....

mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:04 am

Leftfield- Not forgotten
HA HA HA :twisted:

xuoham

Post by xuoham » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:12 am

andrewbrewer wrote:technotronic ... i'm serious.

"pump up the jam"
I agree, this track is soo tacky but so good! Nice contrast between rapped verse and catchy tiny chorus melodic lick (the jam). Tackyness can sometimes be very mesmerizing for sure, like nasty latino gang girls.

Anyway, and in a more "tasteful" way, regarding "classic house" that has not been mentioned in the earlier posts , i liked this Todd Terry track a lot, back then... what was the title?... "Bounce to the big bounce", or something like that.

difference

Post by difference » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:33 am

xuoham wrote:

"pump up the jam"
I agree, this track is soo tacky but so good! Nice contrast between rapped verse and catchy tiny chorus melodic lick (the jam). Tackyness can sometimes be very mesmerizing for sure, like nasty latino gang girls.

Anyway, and in a more "tasteful" way, regarding "classic house" that has not been mentioned in the earlier posts , i liked this Todd Terry track a lot, back then... what was the title?... "Bounce to the big bounce", or something like that.
That track is "Bounce to The Beat" on "The Sound Design" double EP. From 1995, a good few years younger than some of the classic stuff being discussed but I suppose it depends on your perspective.

xuoham

Post by xuoham » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:14 pm

difference wrote:
xuoham wrote:

"pump up the jam"

That track is "Bounce to The Beat" on "The Sound Design" double EP. From 1995, a good few years younger than some of the classic stuff being discussed but I suppose it depends on your perspective.
Ah yes! Bounce to the beat!
Definitely not some late 80's early 90's but i guess it very subjectively took the place of a classic in my heart, as some kind of house perfection.
Thank you!

LiveXXX

Post by LiveXXX » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:49 pm

House Nation - artist?
Shake Your Body - Janet Thomas
- Oliver Chesler

tylast

Post by tylast » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:51 pm

LiveXXX wrote:House Nation - artist?
The Ultimate Seduction. Good track as well.

difference

Post by difference » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:20 pm

tylast wrote:
LiveXXX wrote:House Nation - artist?
The Ultimate Seduction. Good track as well.
:?:
House Nation was by "House Master Boyz & Rude Boy Of House"

tylast

Post by tylast » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:21 pm

Not the version I have. Perhaps there's more than once title with the same name. Just pulled the vinyl ~ Hype Records out of Germany. No year on the print.

markaugust

Post by markaugust » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:00 pm

ok..

and now the obscure raw timeless ones not everbody knows off, but after listening wonder why they didn't

blake baxter - when a thought becomes u (!!!!!!)
phuture - spank spank
Fingers inc - I'm strong (instrumental)
blake baxter - when we used to
mike dunn - so let it be house

and the birth of slamming techno (1988?); Mr Fingers - Play it loud

difference

Post by difference » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:45 pm

tylast wrote:Not the version I have. Perhaps there's more than once title with the same name. Just pulled the vinyl ~ Hype Records out of Germany. No year on the print.
Ah, found the one you're talking about. From 1992 - a euro/ravey bootleg by the sound of it.
http://www.htfr.com/playlist/?catno=MR169181

The famous one is the house tune from chicago circa 1987 though:
http://www.htfr.com/playlist/?catno=MR2779

krikor

Post by krikor » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:48 pm

Mood 2 Swing - Move Me Dub

andrewbrewer

Post by andrewbrewer » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:16 am

xuoham wrote:

"pump up the jam"

i'd say i like all types of house, but i'm learning that's a half-truth. its the tacky stuff that makes my ears perk up. not sure why. i had a different attitude ten years ago...probably would not have admitted to liking "pump up the jam" (secretly liking it of course)
now, well, ppl know what it takes to get my fists pumpin'
speakin' of latino ... just about any miami sound machine. hell yeah. not xactly house, but a crucial reference point maybe? rhythm is gonna get you,

dataspore

Post by dataspore » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:44 am

tylast wrote:The Ultimate Seduction. Good track as well.

hot like the sun and wet like the rain

:D

love that shit