M-AUDIO TRIGGER FINGER PROBLEM

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Oortha

M-AUDIO TRIGGER FINGER PROBLEM

Post by Oortha » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:03 pm

I have an intel mac running osx 10.4.7 and an m-audio trigger finger that doesnt want to assign itself via midi message to any of the controls in ableton.
Was advised it was a usb power issue so i purchased a mains powered usb hub but still no luck.
Have tried to download a new driver from the m-audio website but they havent made one for my version of osx. And so on...
Anyone out there in my position or who owns a trigger finger that does function under such circumstances accordingly?

Oortha

Post by Oortha » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:07 pm

ok sorted out that little problem and can now assign accordingly - except with the trigger finger pads which if i for example assign a pad to turn an effect on and off the effect simply flashes on then off again immediately.
is it something in my preferences to be sorted or do i look to the trigger finger for the problem?

mooncaine

Maybe your pad's sending a Note OFF when you release the pad

Post by mooncaine » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:04 pm

You probably need to get the Enigma software editor for the TF, and check the assignments on the drum pads you're tapping, because I think they send a Note ON when you touch 'em and a Note OFF when you release 'em. That's what's happening to you, I think.

Worth looking at that Enigma software anyway, if you haven't. Gives you lots of control over what the pads and knobs do that you can't get by programming it without the software. Check out m-audio's site to get it, there's an updated version.

controlphr33k

Post by controlphr33k » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:50 pm

yes, join us at the Enigma user group:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/M-Audio_Enigma/

cheers,

cF

mooncaine

Thanks for the link to Enigma group

Post by mooncaine » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:59 pm

Ya know, I think I will join that group and lurk a bit. Thanks!

controlphr33k

Re: Thanks for the link to Enigma group

Post by controlphr33k » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:20 am

mooncaine wrote:Ya know, I think I will join that group and lurk a bit. Thanks!
awesome. our group has plenty to offer the lurker. :)

see you there,

cF

mooncaine

Post by mooncaine » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:01 pm

Nice links. That group links to a tutorial on programming the TF using the Enigma software. Here's the quote that boils down the answer to Oortha's Q:

"This one gets everyone, and it's underdocumented (like almost everything in this tutorial). When you hit the Send Changes in the Device Bank to the Device or Send Current Bank to the Device icons [Update and Send in the .pdf], you'll see the unit flashing "SYS". Immediately hit the Save & Exit button on the TF, followed by the pad number that is the destination. The changes will not be activated until you do so, and fiddling with any other controls before doing so inevitably screws up the process."

mooncaine

Post by mooncaine » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:51 pm

BTW, Oortha, you didn't find a driver for OSX because you don't need one. I remember seeing that somewhere in the docs or on the website. This device is class compliant and does not require driver support for OSX.

controlphr33k

Post by controlphr33k » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:59 pm

mooncaine wrote:Nice links. That group links to a tutorial on programming the TF using the Enigma software. Here's the quote that boils down the answer to Oortha's Q:

"This one gets everyone, and it's underdocumented (like almost everything in this tutorial). When you hit the Send Changes in the Device Bank to the Device or Send Current Bank to the Device icons [Update and Send in the .pdf], you'll see the unit flashing "SYS". Immediately hit the Save & Exit button on the TF, followed by the pad number that is the destination. The changes will not be activated until you do so, and fiddling with any other controls before doing so inevitably screws up the process."
Hitting save and exit after SYS is completely unneccessary. All you have to do is re-select the preset to "refresh" it. Anytime after synding your sys dump, hit Memory/Recall and press the Pad corresponding to Preset you just edited. . the preset will refresh and the changes will appear. In some cases, you may have to select a different preset, then reselect the preset you just edited in order to refresh it, but even that step is likely unneccessary.

cheers,

cF