Dj Controller for ableton : ) !

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:05 am

I want say support MULTIPLE SCREENS = diferent layouts, making click on buttons can go to different layout.

About multitouch .....working on that......no more info for now.

And if somebody think this is a remplace to LEMUR again i repeat.....NO! that its wrong.
This not is a lego system for construct your layout.
This its a fixed layout for people want djing with Ableton.

The layout MonoTouchLive include, its based on the way all djs use ableton for play music, and remix on the fly, using multle tracks etc etc.

More info soon guys ! :)

I sugest again !! if have the money for LEMOUR, just go an buy its great tool.

If want super cheap LEMURISTIC way........patience , MONOTOUCHLIVE its coming.

Thankyou to all people for interest on this project.
I setup forum soon, on the site,for start talk dierectly on the features etc etc, not tomorrow!! but before september end.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:47 am

guys

any money this is just a cheap mono touch touchscreen, with software that drives a second screen which has that interface on it.

so essentially my speculative belief is that it will be a flow like this:

1) Ableton live
2) Software interface which sits on a second screen output and controls parameters of Live
3) A cheapass tft or maybe lcd mono touchscreen which sits off that second monitor output.

I may be wrong...

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:35 am

sweetjesus wrote:guys

any money this is just a cheap mono touch touchscreen, with software that drives a second screen which has that interface on it.

1) Ableton live
2) Software interface which sits on a second screen output and controls parameters of Live
3) A cheapass tft or maybe lcd mono touchscreen which sits off that second monitor output.

I may be wrong...
That works for me!

I can live without multiple touches, but the ability to configure multiple screens that are instantly recallable is a must.

Buttons (labelled!) and faders would do it for me, too. No need for OSC, bouncing balls, Etnernet connectivity, etc.

28" is a bit excessive, though...

axou

Post by axou » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:35 am

Bassfrq wrote:I dont get what the issue is with setting up multi touch.
Its just some firmware coding and should not be that hard to do.
Are you kidding ?
Multitouch depends on multitouch hardware, of which there's not lots at the moment. This is way more complex than your average ATM touchscreen.
If it was just a matter of firmware, we wouldn't be witnessing the expansion of multitouch hardware today, this would have happened years ago.

Benshik

Post by Benshik » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:38 am

Dj-Grobe wrote: And if somebody think this is a remplace to LEMUR again i repeat.....NO! that its wrong.
Hey DJ-Grobe,
i find your initiative brave and interesting.
But personaly i would spend some time trying to design an interface that is not so blatantly mimicking the lemur's.

I would do so out of respect for the guys at jazzmutant who are true innovators, yes, but most of all i would do so for my own sake.

Indeed, instead of talking about your controller, you spend your time repeating "NO ITS NOT A LEMUR, NO ITS NOT A LEMUR"
I guess if your interface would not be so similar to the lemur's, it would not create all these misunderstandings and you could put up your own unique product.
makes sense?

cheers

Ben
Macbook 2.2ghz, OS 10.5.2, Focusrite Saffire, Microkontrol, Lemur

EARLGREY

Post by EARLGREY » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:44 am

But personaly i would spend some time trying to design an interface that is not so blatantly mimicking the lemur's

Going the Behringer way, aren't you? :wink:

[/quote]

Krugger

Post by Krugger » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:23 am

Finally someone cracks it ..

That's precisely what it is.

The screen size is entirely your call.

My one issue with it is this: I don't mind buying a touch screen but I won't have anywhere to connect it!! I use a Macbook and an external 20" widescreen already - no free ports.

By the way, I checked the Lemur web site today to see the 1.5 enhancements. The most impressive one was the new surfaceLCD object that offers LCD/timecode/others feedback.
Hence the Lemur now ships with ready-templates to work with Logic and other DAWs just like working on Mackie Universal.

I downloaded the utility and loaded the Logic example. It's all there. They've created the complete Mackie Universal layout.

Considering the fact that a Lemur allows me to:
1) ditch the Mackie Universal
2) KORE (which I use to remote control my synths / FX)
3) my MIDI keyboard!
4) BCR-2000 for the odd Ableton sessions when I have a party at mine
5) Whatever else I might have bought,

I can understand why people have splashed out.

I even sat down and worked out that selling the Mackie, KORE, my tons of vinyls, MIDI keyboard - I wouldn't be too far from the £1300 it now costs (20% discount till Sep 06) to get a Lemur

Am I thinking about it? Hell Yeah!!!!
sweetjesus wrote:guys

1) Ableton live

I may be wrong...
Kr.

axou

Post by axou » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:51 am

Krugger wrote:Finally someone cracks it ..
I wouldn't call "cracking" the job of simply copy-pasting the graphic design Lemur objects, and leave all the actual functionalities behind: multitouch, intelligent MIDI mapping, OSC support, the parser that lets you create interaction between objects based on an expression language, modular interface design, etc.

Krugger

Post by Krugger » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:54 am

you didn't get me

I meant : Finally someone from this forum (sweetjesus) cracks what the 'secret controller' really is

you got me all wrong dude

and chill!! We know you got a Lemur, we know you love it.

Kr.
Kr.

axou

Post by axou » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:58 am

whoooooops
Lost in Translation™, I guess...
sorry about the misunderstanding :?

Krugger

Post by Krugger » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:06 am

I'll forgive you if you come to London and give me your Lemur! :)
Kr.

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:10 am

I'm hoping DJ Grobe's secret machine is an affordable, simple one-touch screen that mimics conventional MIDI controllers. No OSC, visual feedback, moonwalking anti-gravity bouncing multi-colored friction orbs, etc needed. That's already covered by the Lemur.

A drag 'n drop construction kit interface (like the Lemur's), with the ability to instantly toggle between pages would be a necessity, as would the ability to label the buttons, switches, faders, etc. And the ability to run as a standalone controller independently from a computer.

If that's what's coming, I'll stop saving for a Lemur and await DJ Grobe's creation!
Last edited by hambone1 on Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:14 am, edited 4 times in total.

Benshik

Post by Benshik » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:12 am

lemurs cant stand the foggy english weather, they prefer the south of france...
Macbook 2.2ghz, OS 10.5.2, Focusrite Saffire, Microkontrol, Lemur

robbmasters

Post by robbmasters » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:30 am

Benshik wrote:lemurs cant stand the foggy english weather, they prefer the south of france...
Don't we all! Nice day today here, though...

Anyway, I'm going avoid all the Monotouch speculation and wait for the update on Monday. My money is ready if it looks promising... 8)
OS X, Live 9, Microbook II

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:55 am

Krugger wrote:you didn't get me

I meant : Finally someone from this forum (sweetjesus) cracks what the 'secret controller' really is

you got me all wrong dude

and chill!! We know you got a Lemur, we know you love it.

Kr.
If you thought that was a secret.....
He just stated the obvious.
Anybody with a bit of photoshop know-how could probably make out the screen manufacturer on top of it.

And as far as the software goes.. Let me guess, pc only?
Max/Pd works on both platforms :wink: