Dj Controller for ableton : ) !

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:37 pm

Can you say...

GREX MXf8???

8O

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:43 pm

[quote="Benshik"]

nothing bad in developing your own project. But why do you need to copy the DESIGN, the visuals of the lemurs switches, faders, multiballs (in your case, monoball)? sorry but i find this practice unethical. Reminds me of these fake brands like Sonny, Diezel, Adidac or Versase you can buy in countries like China, Turkey or... Russia.
quote]

I have to agree with Benshik on this...

But we all know how far ethics go for most people when they see something like this if it's going to cost around $500 or so.

Addiac, yeah. I was in Madrid last year and they had gotten so lazy with that shit that they just started dropping the last letter of the company (Addia, Pum, Nik, etc.)

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:04 am

Benshik wrote:
Dj-Grobe wrote: Jazzmutant people make plagiarism of this cartoons or mimics of the JARRE ideas? NO
being inspired by a cartoon to create a multitouch controller is one thing, but taking the exact design of a controller and make another controller...

nothing bad in developing your own project. But why do you need to copy the DESIGN, the visuals of the lemurs switches, faders, multiballs (in your case, monoball)? sorry but i find this practice unethical. Reminds me of these fake brands like Sonny, Diezel, Adidac or Versase you can buy in countries like China, Turkey or... Russia.

im sure there are loads of other different ways to design a button or a fader...
im sure there are loads of graphic design students who would love to get involved in such a project, for free.

Well anyways... if someday you become famous i hope you dont mind if i begin to dj under your name ;)

Copy the design?

Not sr, not copy, why say i copy of the design? the sliders are sliders and buttons are buttons.

So how you want we make buttons? circular? not lighted? my ugly face on the buttons jijiji ..........want without visual feedback?
And sliders? how we make' without central grid? no central lighted grid?
You can see sliders like this or lemur in old software, so why i cant use?

Under touch screen, if you press button, you need LIGHTED buttons when they have status ON for have visual feedback, the buttons we have are very very different of the lemur buttons, just check correctly the pictures, anyway, when take pictures to LCD from big angles, that pictures show the things indeticals but just that, you can see soon when put more pictures on the page and video the desiggn its diferent.
ANd about all buttons sliders, and pad, that its needed for play with ableton, so how you want we take control of ableton without lot of sliders and buttons?

And X-Y path its just X-Y path.
ANy X-Y path need ball for indicate the position of the parameter pad X-Y

Based on your post , i should call tomorrow to BMW for say, hey boys, STOP, dont create more cars, because the HENRRY FORD its very angered........lol

Or RANE !! hey rane stop the factory !!, people from STANTON and NI, no want you create more SERATO units : )

Sorry for this ironic lines, lol....

Dude, soon you see buttons, slider and path its different, you see soon, and your see this no its EXACT SAME CONTROLLER like you think.

About my Dj name, please feel free to use, "you can have my name, but never have my soul" :)

Kind regards dude ! : )

axou

Post by axou » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:33 am

Sorry, I couldn't help myself...

Benshik

Post by Benshik » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:50 am

axou wrote:Sorry, I couldn't help myself...

it aint the same thing at all,
on the mono touch live theres a hand in the bottom-left corner! ;)
Macbook 2.2ghz, OS 10.5.2, Focusrite Saffire, Microkontrol, Lemur

Benshik

Post by Benshik » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:13 am

Dj-Grobe wrote:
Copy the design?

Not sr, not copy, why say i copy of the design? the sliders are sliders and buttons are buttons.

So how you want we make buttons? circular? not lighted? my ugly face on the buttons jijiji ..........want without visual feedback?
And sliders? how we make' without central grid? no central lighted grid?
You can see sliders like this or lemur in old software, so why i cant use?

Under touch screen, if you press button, you need LIGHTED buttons when they have status ON for have visual feedback, the buttons we have are very very different of the lemur buttons, just check correctly the pictures, anyway, when take pictures to LCD from big angles, that pictures show the things indeticals but just that, you can see soon when put more pictures on the page and video the desiggn its diferent.
ANd about all buttons sliders, and pad, that its needed for play with ableton, so how you want we take control of ableton without lot of sliders and buttons?

And X-Y path its just X-Y path.
ANy X-Y path need ball for indicate the position of the parameter pad X-Y

Based on your post , i should call tomorrow to BMW for say, hey boys, STOP, dont create more cars, because the HENRRY FORD its very angered........lol

Or RANE !! hey rane stop the factory !!, people from STANTON and NI, no want you create more SERATO units : )

Sorry for this ironic lines, lol....

Dude, soon you see buttons, slider and path its different, you see soon, and your see this no its EXACT SAME CONTROLLER like you think.

About my Dj name, please feel free to use, "you can have my name, but never have my soul" :)

Kind regards dude ! : )
ouf...
anyways... in my opinion, you are copying the lemur's design. i'll assume that the enthusiasm you demonstrate here is genuine, so at least you dont do that in a perverted way. :)

so lets wait and see that mono touch now! ;)

Ben
Macbook 2.2ghz, OS 10.5.2, Focusrite Saffire, Microkontrol, Lemur

Krugger

Post by Krugger » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:43 am

I also think the monotouch design was a straight copy/paste job from JazzMutant's editor which is downloadable for free.

I mean, the graphics are WAY TOO SIMILAR

I agree with the fact that a slider is a slider, a button is a button etc but take Logic, Ableton, Cubase & Fruity Loops

All DAWs with sliders, knobs, buttons, etc but you'd know one from another within a split of a second.

Don't think the same can be said for this new product

So dude, you can keep on trying to sound like a politician but it ain't gonna fool no one.
Kr.

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:31 am

Can you spell 'copyright infringement?'

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:20 pm

I'm sure someone here could help you come up with a good and different enough design for Monotouch's buttons, faders, balls, etc., for a moderate cut of the profit

*raises hand*

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:34 pm

Any button showed on the LCD ,slider, etc etc and sedigned for use with your finger can be viewd like identical, or very mimcs to lemur.
Why? because you need respect some basic concept for make the touch system usable.
I not change the actual design because not its a copy, its designed new, from 0 not image copy of lemur.
Copiright broken, absolutly never.
stay prepared for the next contollers cooming from diferent companys, all tehy show similar buttons, and faders.
Not happy with my project, well i can make happy to all people around teh world, sorry, GOD its DJ, but i not are god jijii

Krugger .........i not share your way of think about this....sometimes i cant undertsand to people.
I stay very secure, if we use ugly sliders and butons all say, ahhhhh its ugly product, we no want that, the buttons and sliders are a disaster etc etc etc
We work on nice buttons and sliders, and now some guys says this its a copy !!!

This not its a copy, and future version improve a lot the graphics based on our graphics, our ideas and things we need.......not in the lemur graphics.

Just that.

minimal

Post by minimal » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:54 pm

grobemutant.com

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:34 pm

The funny thing is (this thread is full of those funny things):

I'm just taking a business class to enhance my knowledge of the dirty preverted corporate world.
And your violation is something you see in business 101
Or ethics 101 :wink:

But hey. You win my award for the "most brilliant idea of the year".

You copy the design of a device that half of this forum has wet dreams about. You'll probably try to sell something that comes as a free max patch (with way more options).
And you'll point people towards cheap touch screens.

I would have loved the idea if we hadn't already discussed it about everytime the lemur came up.

I've been paying very close attention to the whole touch-screen business. And i can honestly say that trying to sell your product would be very unwise.

You plan to release more details on 11 september. The day before an apple conference titled "It's showtime".

I think we'll see a (multi) touch screen ipod that also is a phone :wink:
Pure speculation on my part. But the technology is there.
And affordable enough to be fitted into a phone...

So whats next? The keyboard....
They'll build a screen in that thing. (some company already did)

They'll announce HD movie streaming soon... Stream to what? A tablet perhaps...

Do whatever you feel like. I do so too. But man, do some bloody RESEARCH!!!!!!!!

One question though. Does it work an Pc and mac?

Hervé

Post by Hervé » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:44 pm

I want real knobs ! 8O
:wink:
Last edited by Hervé on Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:47 pm

Just to make everyone aware that I still have my hand raised...

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:52 pm

rbmonosylabik wrote:Just to make everyone aware that I still have my hand raised...
Fully functional the first 30 days. You'll understand how to do this in 15 tutorials or less....

http://www.cycling74.com/downloads/maxmsp