***Top opportunity for Ableton artists to get heard!!!!!***

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
JoolsMF

Post by JoolsMF » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:07 am

Martyn wrote:I just typed your mate's name into google like you suggested and it came up with the Cornwall film festival 2003 site. It's a shame I missed that cos it was only a few miles from where I live. I wish I had something finished cos I certainly wouldn't object to sending you some stuff.

Interesting thread.

Cheers
There's a 6 week deadline (more or less) so if you feel like doing anything then there's still time :)

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:13 am

Cool

Most of my life is spent holding down the ol day job but I've lots of unfinished ideas that might fit your tastes. Do you need whole tunes or would your mate be likely to edit stuff down? Cos shorter lengths of material might work, for cutting and splicing in the movie. I've seen a lot of surf films! It depends how he works i suppose.

fsk

Post by fsk » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:55 am

may as well give it a go, tho dont skating films usually have rock / metal tracks or fast techno trance stuff? .... just wondering exactly wot you r wanting.
Sound Recordist & Designer
http://www.postboxaudio.com

fsk

Post by fsk » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:00 am

ok forget it i read ur post on the gybo site :) i'll try :P
Sound Recordist & Designer
http://www.postboxaudio.com

Rahlo

Post by Rahlo » Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:36 am

JoolsMF wrote:
BTW, what kind of choons are you looking for?
Check out the link at the top of the post :D

Basically its quite open but downtempo hip hop in the vein of quantic, bonobo etc is always good. However I'm open to all sorts of ideas.
Is there a deadline? I have something that I've been messing with that I can get to you in a few days.
peace,

rahlo
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.rahlo.com

MacBook Pro, Live 8, Reason 4, Akai MPD 32, Akai MPK 49, Akai APC 40, Metric Halo ULN-2 expanded, Apogee Duet.

JoolsMF

Post by JoolsMF » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:14 am

Is there a deadline? I have something that I've been messing with that I can get to you in a few days.
There's a 6 week deadline roughly so you have till then to submit stuff.
may as well give it a go, tho dont skating films usually have rock / metal tracks or fast techno trance stuff? .... just wondering exactly wot you r wanting.
Well, you get different types I suppose a lot of them are rock orientated but there's more of a hip hop/electronica vibe with this one.
Do you need whole tunes or would your mate be likely to edit stuff down?
Whole tunes would be ideal but its not essential because like you say, I guess he will edit stuff down anyway.

Please post all tracks on the GYBO board If you don't want to make them available to other people on there then PM me with them but not on this forum as it will get too confusing. The main thread is on GYBO as this is where I normally post but I also linked it to here as I am also an Ableton artist. Btw, if anyone wants to hear my tunes then check them out at www.joolsmf.co.uk