Advice on optimising PC for DJing

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
JoolsMF

Post by JoolsMF » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:05 pm

Glad u like it :D . Pretty state of the art isn't it! :oops:

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:49 pm

JoolsMF wrote:
Anonymous wrote:XP has logins for live or production
How do you mean?
I jus meant you can create different log-ins and it will only load the user preferences you need for that login

kabuki

Live for DJs...

Post by kabuki » Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:41 pm

NOTE: Ther is a related thread on these forums calle "Live for DJs"
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.

serotoninsteve

Post by serotoninsteve » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:12 am

Does anyone know a good FruityLoops forum?
Greetings! 8)

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:04 am

Theres an xp (is that what you're running?) optimisation section under tuning tips at the following site.

http://www.musicxp.net/

Just started using live, but have gone through misery with all kinds of issues trying to get Cubase running smoothly.

I've had a stable system for some time and have put in place the majority of the recommendations (Be wary of the 'Standard PC' bit
can make a huge difference but can also screw up some things, especailly if you're not running the PC as a DAW.

Check out the Cubase forum -

http://forum.cubase.net/cgi-bin/cubase. ... LastLogin=

and do a search under 'optimisation' or similar. Can be a bit of a grouchy forum but some of those guy's seriously know what their talking about.

Hope this helps.

Purple

Post by Purple » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:05 pm

I'm checking this GYBO forum and am pretty blown away by it!

For someone like me, that has been DJing for years using only vinyl, and using the net only to order new vinyls from online shops, it is a real shock to find all these forums and wealth of information and music that I've been missing all these years.. Wow!

Joolz, Dayz, or anyone else that knows GYBO: Can you tell me why most of the links for remixes I was trying to download from GYBO didn't work? I found that I could only download only 30% of the songs I tried so far..

Purple

JoolsMF

Post by JoolsMF » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:21 pm

Purple wrote:I'm checking this GYBO forum and am pretty blown away by it!

For someone like me, that has been DJing for years using only vinyl, and using the net only to order new vinyls from online shops, it is a real shock to find all these forums and wealth of information and music that I've been missing all these years.. Wow!

Joolz, Dayz, or anyone else that knows GYBO: Can you tell me why most of the links for remixes I was trying to download from GYBO didn't work? I found that I could only download only 30% of the songs I tried so far..

Purple
Hmm, i'm not sure about that actually i havent had that problem. Are you having the problem with recently posted tracks? If they were posted a while ago they may have been taken down in some cases but if you contact the artist I'm sure they'll send you a copy.

GYBO is an amazing forum, its pretty much the best Bootlegging forum on the net. A lot of the big names in the scene such as Dsico, McSleazy, Poj Masta, Lionel Vinyl, Go Home Productions and a whole load more made there name primarilly through this site. Quite a few people use Ableton on there as well as it suits the bootlegging/remixing style really well.

Btw, if you are ever in the UK and Daz Automatic is playing u should check him out as he does some crazy Ableton DJing! I think he used it when supporting DJ Yoda.

Purple

Post by Purple » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:22 pm

Thanks Jools,

I've registered and posted a question about the not working links.

That place seems really great.