Griffin Powermate Not Working With Live 6

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Kodama

Griffin Powermate Not Working With Live 6

Post by Kodama » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:37 am

I'm using the Powermate to pass the up and down arrows to Live, but live ignores it.

Other apps (notepad, firefox, even 3rd party vst dialogs) work fine.

:?
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

Alex

Post by Alex » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:18 pm

I do not know the technical details about this device but if it's not work with Live by default it needs explicit support from us.

So I moved this thread into the Wishlist forum.

Regards,
/Alex

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:19 pm

Go to the powermate preferences. You need to enable it for Live. (or any other non-standardised app)

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:27 pm

Well I don't think this is the right forum.

The Power Mate just sends ascii charactors, which shouldn't be a problem, but Live has no response, even when renaming a track, etc...

I'm trying to get it to send arrow up & arrow down to control knobs & sliders, etc...

It works fine in other apps, but it seems like Live is blocking it from sending the charactors...

:?
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:41 pm

It works with some apps. But other need to be added in preferences.
For example:

For it to work on mac, i need to lacate the Live apllication from the powermate control panel.

I only have to set it for Live once. This has worked since Live 4 without me having to change anything.

Sorry if this doesn't help. The powermate is really a great gizmo.
And i'm sure you'll get it to work.
Don't wonna run of my mouth to you (again ;) ) or give you false hopes. But i think Machinate actually talked me into getting one to use for Live. And he's on pc. Could be wrong though....

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:46 pm

Hrmmm maybe I'll try again & email him...

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:48 pm

Kodama wrote:Hrmmm maybe I'll try again & email him...
Hehe, i hope he was the one i'm thinking about. Otherwise i would have sent you twice for no reason ;)

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:34 pm

Just tried it on a Mac & it worked like a charm, so what's the deal with Live 6 on windows and the Power Mate?

:?:

krikor

Post by krikor » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:20 pm

hoffman2k wrote:It works with some apps. But other need to be added in preferences.
For example:

For it to work on mac, i need to lacate the Live apllication from the powermate control panel.

I only have to set it for Live once. This has worked since Live 4 without me having to change anything.

Don't wonna run of my mouth to you (again ;) ) or give you false hopes. But i think Machinate actually talked me into getting one to use for Live. And he's on pc. Could be wrong though....
i really don't understand how you get it to work in live5 cause mine won't on my G5...

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:05 pm

krikor wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:It works with some apps. But other need to be added in preferences.
For example:

i really don't understand how you get it to work in live5 cause mine won't on my G5...
Go to system prefs and select the powermate panel. Add the Live app.
Set it so it sends arrow left and right when you move the knob.

krikor

Post by krikor » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:20 pm

that is just what i did from the begining
but it does not seem to work

yogz

Post by yogz » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:03 pm

same for me... my powermate works fine,exept with the arrows...
Live 7.0.14
Mac osX 10.5.6 ;

krikor

Post by krikor » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:12 am

anyone could handle this? cause i have tried all possible way and it never works! Hoffman can you post a sreenshot of your settings in the pref panel of the powermate driver?