Drehbank

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
zendo

Drehbank

Post by zendo » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:39 am

Does anyone have experiences about working with the Doepfer Drebank together with Live?

Z.

borg

Post by borg » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:14 am

well, it's got 64 knobs which is great. but the knobs aren't of the 'endless' or 'rotary' family. haven't used the editor (mac needs logics sounddiver for this) and for my pc i use the knobs on my midi keyboard. it's got a real solid feel, not the 'plastic touch' of my evolution keyboard.
if interested, i'm selling my doepfer drehbank as it doesn't fit in my workflow no more... :wink:

zendo

drehbank

Post by zendo » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:27 pm

it´s a pity that the knobs aren´t endless. right now, i'm using a pocket dial and that´s a really useful feature. can you mail me the price of your drehbank though?
z.

Nick Maxwell

drehbank

Post by Nick Maxwell » Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:08 pm

I love my drehbank. Personally, I don't need the knobs to be endless when I am working with 64 of them (The only reason I can think of to absolutely NEED endless knobs is when you only have a few of them and you need to switch between various banks). Plus, the advantage to regular pots is that you can see the position of the knob in relation to all the other knobs, which is not true with most rotary encoder controllers unless they are sporting LCD's (which I believe a couple of them do). I use my drehbank during livesets, and it performs beautifully. The design is better than any other control box I have used. The chassis is rugged metal, and the knobs are tight as they get.

Good luck in your midi controller search,

- Nick

zendo

drehbank

Post by zendo » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:12 pm

right now, i'm using a pocket dial.
i was hoping that the drehbak is more concise to work with, especially in a dark club.
z.

globalgoon

Post by globalgoon » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:39 pm

i'd like to have an endless fader. :lol: i have a peavey 1600 - 16 faders, i havent used it for a while though, as i have a v-station keyboard which has loads of midi knobs on

borg

Post by borg » Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:54 pm

check your private mail :smile: