OT Clinton on Fox

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
glu

Post by glu » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:24 am

"Biotch, i don't play the skin flute!"

"I'm THA pimp"

no prevailing genre of music:
http://alonetone.com/glu

debu

Post by debu » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:18 am

glu wrote:other way around

no skin flute, perhaps a reverse trombone?

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:37 pm

:lol:
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)
Korg Zero 8 mixer/soundcard/MIDI

glu

Post by glu » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:14 pm

hahahah! that's great!

Bush realizes that within ourselves, there is an entirely undiscovered universe

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:18 pm

aqua_tek wrote:clinton is the man!

better than old bushy boy by far, that's for sure
Plus he got a blow job in the White House <-- if that's not pimp game then I really don't know what is

dawg was a baller yo

Lewinsky? I'd hit a couple times

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!
Ableton | Elektron

Music

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:24 pm

Did anybody follow "Arrested development"?

There's an espisode where the brothers go to Iraq.
One of those brothers (Gob) is a wannabe magician.

He introduced a trick called "the burning bush". (remember the bible ;) )

In no time, people where having a rally and yelling "Burn Bush, Burn Bush"

I laughed my ass off.

Thank god for youtube :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Rfg4r1R8g

glu

Post by glu » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:25 pm

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:43 pm

Twice

i wouldn't even fall asleep the first time around - I'd get up and go get a energy
Ableton | Elektron

Music

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:20 pm

djadonis206 wrote:
aqua_tek wrote:clinton is the man!

better than old bushy boy by far, that's for sure
Plus he got a blow job in the White House <-- if that's not pimp game then I really don't know what is

dawg was a baller yo

Lewinsky? I'd hit a couple times

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

Blow jobs from cattle don't count. :lol:
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)
Korg Zero 8 mixer/soundcard/MIDI

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:43 pm

The GOP wasted millions of dollars and wasted the President's time by investigating the Lewinski bullshit, as well as Whitewater. They bogged down the administration with their f-ing dog and pony shows. Clinton's sex life was not in the national interest and Whitewater was a freaking joke. The US government could have acheived so much more if not for the bullshit smear campaigns.

If nothing else fallatio in the oval office gave Clinton MORE respect on the world scene.

Now you've got Bush who could be impeached on any number of charges (violation of the Geneva Convention, lying about going to war, however you want to word his LIES) and nothing's happening.

It's really disgusting how the GOP plays politics.

But they ALL do it on both sides, the only thing I can say is that the US government is one of the least corrupt in the world.

Politics suck. It would be impressive if everyone could move towards agreeing on just ONE point in all this.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:12 pm

DKF, you're wasting your efforts trying to talk any sense into the Bush Fanboy.

dj superflat

Post by dj superflat » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:20 pm

look, there's ample reason to criticize bush, hate the attempt to impeach clinton, etc., w/o ignoring the fact that clinton's administration pretty much slept through the rising terrorist threat (as did most other folk in the gov't, otherwise in power, etc.) despite ample evidence that something was afoot. clinton's playing politics, and it's paying off, so good for him. but (e.g.) both clarke's testimony and book confirm there was no comprehensive plan, as do clinton's actions in office.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:41 pm

Both of them LIED - they're politicans, left or right it's all cover ups, spin doctors and lies

even though no one got killed or died due to Clintons aforementioned blow job he lied none the less - to us (who knows what else he lied about)

bush's lies have killed people

they both lied - where I'm from a lie is a lie is a lie

peace

a
Ableton | Elektron

Music

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:42 pm

nebulae wrote:DKF, you're wasting your efforts trying to talk any sense into the Bush Fanboy.
Neb - When I was a kid after the rains we'd find these 'potato bugs' (jerusalem bugs), we were fascinated and yet terrified by them. They were 5"-6" long, pale white to dark brown and would move really slowly. Crowds of kids would gather around just to watch these strange creatures. We had no idea what they were and we wanted no part of them but we couldn't help but interact with them in some way.
Some fascinations never grow old. Eventually some kid would freak out and squish it with a basketball.

FUSE and some of these other guys are quite level headed, it's interesting to hear how the other side thinks. I happen to work with a bunch of REALLY conservative people, even full blown mormons (in this very liberal town) it kills me, it makes me want to quit but I get a kick out of their sometimes well thought out ideals. Politics aren't meant for people to agree over. For the most part I avoid these threads.

nbr0118

Post by nbr0118 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:15 pm

DKF..well put. My personal opinion is that politics is just two ways of looking at problems. I am a conservative, but I think to the average person who is not that familiar with politics, the liberal agenda sounds the best. At the end of the day, however, I do not find that their idealistic claims have any substance to them....that is, these ideas all exist within the context of the absence of something, not the promotion of it (except gay marriage and taxes).

Personally, if someone I work with says I'm doing something wrong, I call them out and ask how they would do it different. Clinton did nothing at all, and Bush is doing it with too many mistakes. Sure you can say Clinton's actions did not directly kill people....but really...how confident can you stand behind this statement (indirectly)?

The truth is that all of us only have a minor glimpse of what the reality is in the world today. We all just state our opinions based on what information we receive. It is funny...all my engineering buds in college were conservative....all my liberal arts buds were liberal. My fellow conservatives and I found liberalism uninspiring and too complacent....my liberal friends found conservatives too ignorant and black and white.

In the end I vote with my wallet and my sense of security.
Regards,

Nathan Reyes