Richie took a bit to much ketamine I think :)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Machinate

Post by Machinate » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:09 pm

mikemc wrote:
the_planet wrote:I was expecting him to fall on the mixer, Keoki style. Instead, he just sort of slowly descends to the floor, like there was an elevator behind the mixer. Hahahaha!
I noticed this... now, what are the odds that a World Top Class electronic musician, regardless of the involvement of intoxicants or not, would collapse straight down, exactly into his own footprint??!!??.

Notice that, to his right shortly thereafter, another person collapses, straight down, in a similar manner.

There are dark forces at work, here.
Not at all, mate - even in his intoxication he is making sure that the music doesn't get interrupted. What a pro!
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

dataspore

Post by dataspore » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:09 pm

mikemc wrote: now, what are the odds that a World Top Class electronic musician, regardless of the involvement of intoxicants or not, would collapse straight down, exactly into his own footprint??!!??.

:D

minimal

Post by minimal » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:18 pm

Hardtoe wrote:I am saying that Ritchie has used drugs to evolve his conciousness and this time he obviously got too fucked up.....but these things happen when you're partying - have you never had a bad hangover or thrown up??? This does not mean that the guy is a loser, just that he rode the horse too far - I just don't like the self-righteous, wise straight guy, holier than thou feel of these anti drug posts - drugs go both ways just like everything else - good and bad.....oh ya, and cut the guy some slack all you "respect losers". How would you like your every action to be judged on a fucking internet forum.....
if you take your time to *carefully* read my previous posts, you would have seen that I wrote that i did drugs too, for the sake of honesty.
Bad hangover and thrown up -> many many times, fucking wasted sundays (more hangover that thrown up since I barely drink alcohol).
Plus, I never said loser to anyone in this post, you did it.

BTW Nice the metaphore of the horse, since K is a drug for horses.

mosca

Post by mosca » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:24 pm

Name one succesful artist who didn't get fucked up at some point.
derrick may

mo

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:39 pm

Ketamine is actually for cats, not horses.

We live in a drug / escapism culture. Illegal, prescription, gambling, sex, shopping, eating, music.....etc.

Never trust someone who doesn't have at least one vice.

I condone it, support it and encourage it. It's a key part of life experience and should not be judged.
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:39 pm

why do you guys think he's on k? One person says K and everybody believes it?

it doesn't take much to make one collapse at 11:30 am when you've been up all night, drugs or no.

and besides, again, who fucking cares? I love how some folks who are sober think that drugs are the worst thing ever. Newsflash, people, not everybody who uses drugs ruins their lives, dies of an overdose, or loses mental acuity. One can live their entire life using drugs recreationally and achieve great things. Hmmm, how about Alex Shulgin? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Shulgin His entire life's work hinges on experimenting with psychedelic drugs and he has lived to a ripe old age, is happy, and certainly doesnt seem to be a "burnout."

not everything about drugs is as black and white as a lot of folks wish they were. I know it's easier to simply think that "drugs are bad." but it's simply untrue. Drugs are tools, and like any other tool can be used to ones benefit or detriment. They are not inherently good or bad.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

robin

Post by robin » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:41 pm

Nice post lm.

A bit of balance.

tomperson

Post by tomperson » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:41 pm

Hardtoe wrote:I am saying that Ritchie has used drugs to evolve his conciousness and this time he obviously got too fucked up.....but these things happen when you're partying - have you never had a bad hangover or thrown up??? This does not mean that the guy is a loser, just that he rode the horse too far - I just don't like the self-righteous, wise straight guy, holier than thou feel of these anti drug posts - drugs go both ways just like everything else - good and bad.....oh ya, and cut the guy some slack all you "respect losers". How would you like your every action to be judged on a fucking internet forum.....
Take it easy my friend. I guess most of us here agree in the fact that we want no police telling us what to do with our lives. And i dare to say the majority here has no probs with drugs. The thing is, there are (as someone already said) boundaries where taking drugs can be just what's needed in order to get to the "next level", but if you go too far...well, you're just wasted for the sake of it.

I personally don't find seen Richie lying on the floor inspiring at any level. It seemed a bit lame. I hate people that label the whole electronic scene as pill eaters that have nothing in their brains. Unfortunately, this doesn't do much to prevent that. That is a personal opinion, only that.

And, for the record, i have done and will do drugs. In the same way that I can drink a pint now and then, smoke a cigarette when i feel like, or whatever. :D

YMMV
Last edited by tomperson on Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Turn up the radio. Turn up the tape machine. Look into the sunset up ahead. Roll the windows down for a better taste of the cool desert wind. Ah yes. This is what it's all about. Total control now.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:44 pm

Although i bet you can list many more names. I doubt that a lot of those people are as clean as they appear to be.
Either way. It's their choice to make.

robin

Post by robin » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:46 pm

hoffman2k wrote: Either way. It's their choice to make.
Exactly. As long as their not f'ing anyone over there's no problem.

Spikee

Post by Spikee » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:54 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:and besides, again, who fucking cares? I love how some folks who are sober think that drugs are the worst thing ever. Newsflash, people, not everybody who uses drugs ruins their lives, dies of an overdose, or loses mental acuity. One can live their entire life using drugs recreationally and achieve great things. Hmmm, how about Alex Shulgin? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Shulgin His entire life's work hinges on experimenting with psychedelic drugs and he has lived to a ripe old age, is happy, and certainly doesnt seem to be a "burnout."
Yeah, who cares that Ritchie collapsed due to intoxication at a gig, in front of his fans. I mean REALLY -- who doesn't do that shit? That's completely normal, I go into work all of the time smashed. It pisses my boss off sometimes because he pays me and counts on me but fuck him, it's all about SPIKEE. Yeah, I'm glad Ritchie knows how to have fun, and I find it quite refreshing that he doesn't give a fuck who he pisses off or disappoints. It's so hard these days to be your own man, what with responsibilities and what-not but Ritchie's doing it quite well. I'm sure that after that gig he knew some fans were ticked that he was acting like a straight-up junkie lush but he has the balls to say fuck'em! I got paid, what the fuck is your problem?

Yeah LeisureMuffin you're right, thanks for adding some well-deserved balance to this conversation. And for any of you that are disappointed because you look up to Ritchie or find it uncomfortable to watch a guy go out of his wits, then screw you.

/sarcasm

EDIT: Not that I give a fuck what he does with himself, I just find it offensive that the dude's probably getting paid handsomely for that gig and he's not professional-enough to hold his shit together. Does that make me a prude? Well, if being a prude is having disdain for people that balk on their responsibilities while I'm strapped by the ass to a job that pays less and excuses less, then I'm guilty as charged. Plus, I do feel that he runs a heavy risk of alienating some fans and I think we all know how hard fans are to come by. I really feel that whole "Drugs aren't bad, people can and do function normally in qpite of them" is completely negated when you have this artist putting himself in the crosshairs, and now for the whole world to see thanks to our lovely information superhighway.

Either way, I'd rather be a prude than an apologist. It wouldn't make a bit of difference if he did that gig sober -- no one would've thought less of him, the gig would've still been banging... but whatever, he's the one that will pay, not me...
Last edited by Spikee on Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robin

Post by robin » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:00 pm

Spikee wrote: /sarcasm
Sarcasm doesn't work that well on the interweb but there you go.

Actually your point about getting paid and him flaking out are pretty valid. As that was an afterparty and not his main show that might explain something, or not.

Bottom line is we are not aware (from a 30 sec vid clip, sheesh) of all the circumstances there so should we make such detailed comments and judgements?

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:01 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:why do you guys think he's on k? One person says K and everybody believes it?

it doesn't take much to make one collapse at 11:30 am when you've been up all night, drugs or no.

and besides, again, who fucking cares? I love how some folks who are sober think that drugs are the worst thing ever. Newsflash, people, not everybody who uses drugs ruins their lives, dies of an overdose, or loses mental acuity. One can live their entire life using drugs recreationally and achieve great things. Hmmm, how about Alex Shulgin? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Shulgin His entire life's work hinges on experimenting with psychedelic drugs and he has lived to a ripe old age, is happy, and certainly doesnt seem to be a "burnout."

not everything about drugs is as black and white as a lot of folks wish they were. I know it's easier to simply think that "drugs are bad." but it's simply untrue. Drugs are tools, and like any other tool can be used to ones benefit or detriment. They are not inherently good or bad.

.lm.
spot on! mate, some use some abuse.
*** Image GAFM ***

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:05 pm

mikemc wrote:
the_planet wrote:I was expecting him to fall on the mixer, Keoki style. Instead, he just sort of slowly descends to the floor, like there was an elevator behind the mixer. Hahahaha!
I noticed this... now, what are the odds that a World Top Class electronic musician, regardless of the involvement of intoxicants or not, would collapse straight down, exactly into his own footprint??!!??.

Notice that, to his right shortly thereafter, another person collapses, straight down, in a similar manner.

8O You're right! He just collapses straight down into his own footprint, do you recon Al-qaida might be responsible for bringing Richie down in this dubious fashion? or ....nooooooooooo not the government, they couldn't possibly want to go to such lengths just to promote a "drurgs are bayd" image! Could they?

I've tried slowing the clip down to see if there's a blow dart or small cruise missile, but I can't find anything.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:06 pm

Machinate wrote:
mikemc wrote:

Not at all, mate - even in his intoxication he is making sure that the music doesn't get interrupted. What a pro!
Ah, man, yeh... darn, I had a whole grassy knoll thing worked out where there would be images clipped with little annotated markers and stuff.
:wink: :lol:
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.