To Korg Kontrol or microKontrol users

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Krugger

To Korg Kontrol or microKontrol users

Post by Krugger » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:33 am

Hello guys,
If you own a Kontrol or microKontrol, can you please check the automap in Live 6:

1) Makes use of the LCD too
2) Maps Live 6 Rack's 8 knobs (when the rack is selected) to the Korg's encoders (and also uses the LCD to display what it's Rack knob is labelled)

I've been thinking of going with the microKontrol but only if the Live 6 Automap rocks.

Thanks!
Kr.

Winterpark

Re: To Korg Kontrol or microKontrol users

Post by Winterpark » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:01 am

Krugger wrote:Hello guys,
If you own a Kontrol or microKontrol, can you please check the automap in Live 6:

1) Makes use of the LCD too
2) Maps Live 6 Rack's 8 knobs (when the rack is selected) to the Korg's encoders (and also uses the LCD to display what it's Rack knob is labelled)

I've been thinking of going with the microKontrol but only if the Live 6 Automap rocks.

Thanks!
no to 1
yes to automap racks, not with LCD display though.
web | fb | sc | twt | bc

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:29 am

it would be cool if they would update the LCDs its definately possible because the reason Automap does it. cool thing about Lives automap is that you can set up your own templates for it. so something like the microkontrol is very customizible. for instance on my K49 i have it sending out the faders on Port A for Racks/Inst/Effx and encoders on port B for another Racks/Inst/Effx also i have mackie control navigation stuff from the pads on Port B, works really nice. Really impressed that you can have 2 remote types for one Controller( port ).

alvaro

Post by alvaro » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:37 am

mike@TrackTeam Audio wrote:it would be cool if they would update the LCDs its definately possible because the reason Automap does it.

+1

mdk

Post by mdk » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:23 am

its like mike says...it could be better...but of course you can customize it to have a hybrid setup with part automap and part normal controllers.

also you can switch scenes easily so I have a few setups on my kontrol 49.

1 : Normal midi control, no automap..the pads play midi notes corresponding to impulse

2 : Just like 1 except the pads play fixed velocity, not velocity sensitive

3 : Hybrid : faders do automap parameters, encoders are normal, pads are automap bank switch

4 : Normal automap. aka the 'Cubase' scene :)

what would be cool is if you could map the two switches to change between automap parameter banks and keep the pads free for playing drums :)

also it would be good to share our configs..i'll get mine uploaded later, so that other kontrol49 users can just load them in and get going straight away.

I dont know how to setup the mackie stuff yet..ive not taken the time to read about it..maybe mike can upload his config somewhere :)

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:55 am

mdk wrote:
what would be cool is if you could map the two switches to change between automap parameter banks and keep the pads free for playing drums :)

Thats how i have mine set up now, the switches switch device banks, then i use the pads for the mackie stuff. ill upload the template later, dont have it with me right now.

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:31 am

I uploaded the K49 template. you can get it Here

Enjoy[/url]

noratronika

Post by noratronika » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 am

I just uploaded it but now I cant custom map, how do I undo that.

nevermind, got it...
ImageDellXPS M1710-2.16GHz//Event 20/20's//A LIVE6//Cubase L3//Reason 3.04//NI Electro Instruments//Motu UL FW//M-Audio FW 18/14//KorgRadias//KorgKontrol49//M-Audio Axiom25/UC-33///KP3...

milka

Post by milka » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:30 pm

I can't figure how to make the Pads on Korg Kontrol49 to work with impulse Sad
i am using Live 5 with OSX Tiger.

anyone wiches to share the Kontrol49 - Live 5.x.x custom templates that work with Simpler?

thanks in advance -
milka
iBook G4 1Mhz/Korg Kontrol 49/Evolution U-Control/Evolution UC-33/Logic/Reason/Live/ http://www.shapko.com