racks behavior

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
krikor

racks behavior

Post by krikor » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:25 pm

Is there a way to move the chain selector faster than opening the arrow for it? except midi of course, i want to use it as a preset selector and i don't know if this is possible without opening the chain window...

forge

Post by forge » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:35 am

do you have a midi controller?

if you automap to it it will be the first knob

dCross

Re: racks behavior

Post by dCross » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:41 am

krikor wrote:Is there a way to move the chain selector faster than opening the arrow for it? except midi of course, i want to use it as a preset selector and i don't know if this is possible without opening the chain window...
you can map the chain selector to a range of MIDI keyboard keys - then you can use each key to flip through your 'presets.' Does that help?

forge

Post by forge » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:51 am

sorry didnt see the "except midi" bit

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:17 am

krikor wrote:Is there a way to move the chain selector faster than opening the arrow for it? except midi of course, i want to use it as a preset selector and i don't know if this is possible without opening the chain window...
What about mapping the Chain selector to a Macro, and turning that Macro with the mouse, or entering numbers for the macro with the computer keyboard?

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

krikor

Post by krikor » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:38 am

Amaury wrote:
What about mapping the Chain selector to a Macro, and turning that Macro with the mouse, or entering numbers for the macro with the computer keyboard?

Regards,
Amaury
yeah i didn't think about this that will do it!