Punch-in/OUt feature is pissing me off :D

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Koolaid

Punch-in/OUt feature is pissing me off :D

Post by Koolaid » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:22 pm

page 52 in the manual does not tell me how to use the punch in feature in session clip mode.

I have a 2bar beat that I want to record into another clip
I set the punch in and out markers
armed my clip
then pressed play on the scene and I get over two bars of recording in the clip when it should of stopped at 3.1.1

whats up with that?

Alex

Post by Alex » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:31 pm

Hi Koolaid,

I do not know to which Live version your refer but Punch In/Out are assigned to arranger recordings not to session recordings. Recording in session view is independent from arranger recording.

regards,
Alex

koolaid

Post by koolaid » Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:27 pm

thank you for responding so quickly as this is a pretty urgent issue. I have Live 3.2 and in Dave hills book he says that the session view can use punch in and out also.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:35 pm

I guess Dave is wrong, 'cause Alex is an ableton programmer. And besides, the only way to set punch in an out points is in the arranger, thus they apply to the arranger. The session and arranger are two different beasts...

guvnorbeats

Post by guvnorbeats » Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:47 pm

Now I am confused, please see page 259-260 of my book under the heading "Recording in Arranger View" to clear this up. Punch-in / out is covered there.

Yes you are right. there is NO punch-in/out for session view. Can you tell me what page you saw this on?

I will tell my editor in the event of a reprint.

thank you and sorry for any confusion that this has caused.
Dave

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:01 am

sorry dave I love your book and didn't mean to cause any confusion, I was talking about page 259, the last sentence says ' punchin is most often used in the arranger view but is able to work in session view too should you need it.'

sorry i misunderstood, the work around is pretty easy i guess. and thanks again for a great book.

-koolaid

guvnorbeats

Post by guvnorbeats » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:10 pm

Well then that last sentance is wrong!!! sorry again for the error.

all best,
Dave