Drag Whole Track from browser from another song

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
J.D

Drag Whole Track from browser from another song

Post by J.D » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:16 am

If the topic didn't make sesnse let me try here.

Say if i was making 2 different Songs & during lets say Song 2 i make a cool part that would sound sick in Song 1 , well instead of creating everything in Song 1 & opening vst, patches, efx ,etc. well all you would have to do is open Song 1 & in the browser you could just drag & drop the whole track with vst, patches, efx ,etc so everything is already ready to rock!

If that makes any sense

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:40 am

sure thing.

you can save things as a "live clip" (.alc file) - which will save not only the clip, but all FX for that track. i'm guessing you might be able to even drag an entire track into the browser.

when you save a set in live 6, all the individual tracks show up in the browser, so that should make it really easy to do this

J.D

Post by J.D » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:52 am

thanks Longjohns 8) I'm a Dumb dumb I should have tried it before posting LOL Well this feature came in really handy today!!!!!!

I just upgraded FM-7 to FM-8 & theres a few Glitches with it, like it won't load in any existing live sets! So i started a remix over & used FM-8, everything was coming out sick so i was looking forward o coming home after work & go back to the grind, But it wouldn't load cause of FM-8 :-( i was like ARGH those nasty That where on the other synths are gone Remebererd this post Draged & dropped it from the live browser & i didn't loose anything except the sound from FM-8 8)