goddamn, why is the software so fuckin great

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ploy

goddamn, why is the software so fuckin great

Post by ploy » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:52 am

it´s "playful" and "professional" at once, full of weird and breathtaking detail but not overloaden. working with it even when you´re empty and not well inspired is just like having a flight... operator, resonators, autofilter, grain delay... all so unique and fn comfortable and easy, i guess the software is more creating the music than i do it myself. plug a boring guitar, try nothing but a little autofilter and beat repeat and you got better stuff in your addicted ears than 90% of the mechanically produced shit out there right now.

wish i would have more time for it, or just would be years younger... though i just use a downloaded and cracked version, thank you a lot keeping my mind away from those bad triggers when i need it.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:47 am

did you just say that you use a cracked version of live?
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

fatrabbit

Post by fatrabbit » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:51 am

Yeah, if you like it so much then buy it.

But yeah, I find it a million times more musical than other things (that's just my opinion of course). Some people underestimate it and say it's a toy, but they've formed their opinion by messing for 5 seconds with the Live4 digidesign Lite edition for instance, so they're the ones missing out.

ploy

Post by ploy » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:58 am

fatrabbit wrote:Yeah, if you like it so much then buy it.

But yeah, I find it a million times more musical than other things (that's just my opinion of course). Some people underestimate it and say it's a toy, but they've formed their opinion by messing for 5 seconds with the Live4 digidesign Lite edition for instance, so they're the ones missing out.
some pay with money, some pay with love.

that toy-"argument" against live always sounds way stupid, due to music-making shouldn´t be too complicated and hyper-professional. it´s about inspiration, flow, happiness, detail and a certain magic putting all together and make the soup explode in your mouth. therefore, live ain´t a no-toy, and that´s simply good thing.

BoimB son of BoB

Post by BoimB son of BoB » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:16 am

ploy wrote:
some pay with money, some pay with love.

omg...what did you dooo

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:18 am

ploy wrote:some pay with money, some pay with love.
That's just plain stupid in this context. We've been down this road before, but I just can't help myself... Hope I'm not troll-bait. :( :? :(

-Mikael

Benshik

Post by Benshik » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:28 am

ploy wrote: some pay with money, some pay with love.
when it's real love, people dont cheat.

so pay for live!!!
Macbook 2.2ghz, OS 10.5.2, Focusrite Saffire, Microkontrol, Lemur

Nokatus

Post by Nokatus » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:30 am

ploy wrote:some pay with money, some pay with love.
:(

I wonder who from Ableton gets to collect your love... Is it a monthly arrangement, or more like a once a week thing?

Seriously, as you clearly see how unique this software is, please do support it, too.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:37 am

don't worry asswipe.......gonna getcha...............

ploy

Post by ploy » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:48 am

in some way i am really sorry that i can´t pay for it. it´s nothing about ideology or something, just about not having it. sorry.

but that wasn´t the impulse for this thread i guess.

muscleandhate

Post by muscleandhate » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:49 am

8+ pages!!!

Nokatus

Post by Nokatus » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:10 am

ploy wrote:it´s nothing about ideology or something, just about not having it. sorry.
Just realize you can buy yourself Live 6, including a basic MIDI keyboard, for about 350 euros if you go with an M-Audio product. That's really a great price for a package like Live, and I'm sure you can save that amount in a given while.

ploy

Post by ploy » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:40 am

Nokatus wrote:
ploy wrote:it´s nothing about ideology or something, just about not having it. sorry.
Just realize you can buy yourself Live 6, including a basic MIDI keyboard, for about 350 euros if you go with an M-Audio product. That's really a great price for a package like Live, and I'm sure you can save that amount in a given while.
oh sweet satan... maudio? i had tried that f410 once, it really sucked. sorry. there´s been a small version of live with the korg mkontrol (so i got a keyboard and i´m not really interested in more equipment) - but that´s stupid, if there´s a full, i only want that one. how many lives were you given dears?

peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:53 am

forge

Post by forge » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:19 pm

oh jesus guys - lay off - you dont get much more of a potential customer than someone sharing the love like that

people like this guy are probably the ones most likely to actually one day buy it

and by turning this into a 10 page "you pirates are the scum of the earth" thread like normally happens you will totally ruin the good vibe the person got off Live and shared with the world

publicity like that is worth alot - so is the admission price and it certainly doesnt make someone exempt, but there's a chance of getting both here - the world hasnt ended yet, Live will still be available in a year when the dude has the cash and gets more addicted and realises how much it's worth it!

just chill :wink: