goddamn, why is the software so fuckin great

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:19 pm

I just love how I have to pay for shit and others bunngwipes get it for free and get to brag about it.

why don't you go crack some ni stuff? :lol:

Nokatus

Post by Nokatus » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:03 pm

ploy wrote:oh sweet satan... maudio? i had tried that f410 once, it really sucked. sorry. there´s been a small version of live with the korg mkontrol (so i got a keyboard and i´m not really interested in more equipment) - but that´s stupid, if there´s a full, i only want that one. how many lives were you given dears?
You didn't get the point. I said M-Audio because you can buy a basic MIDI keyboard by them for about 75-80 euros. It includes the Lite version of Ableton Live. You can then upgrade that Lite version to the full version for 269 euros, totalling at about 350 euros.

That's full Live 6 + a basic keyboard as an aside, for a total of about 350 euros. Don't tell me you can't afford that if you save for a while.

ALSO NOTE: As you're also saying that you already have received a Lite version bundled with your keyboard, that means you would only have to pay 269 euros for a legal full version. Come on.

But yes. I'm also starting to think you're a genuine troll :wink:

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:31 pm

what I don't get is how people with cracked versions can get on this forum, ask questions, and figure out how to use the program without ever having to pay a cent for it. I'm not saying this guy has done that but I'm sure it happens all the time. Would it be impossible to implement something where you have to own the product to get on the forum? I guess I'm just frustrated with always paying and being legit and seeing how easy it is to steal, flaunt it, and get some free tips and tricks along the way. Wow.
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:40 pm

You can afford Reason and a microkontrol but you can't spend 250 on Live? What a crock :evil:
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

popslut

Post by popslut » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:08 pm

simpleton wrote:You can afford Reason and a microkontrol but you can't spend 250 on Live? What a crock :evil:
I'm guessing his copy of Reason is cracked too.

:roll:

pearsonart.com

Post by pearsonart.com » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:25 pm

Individuals who use a crack are not the problem. People who host peer to peer cracks do much more damage.

I agree with forge that ploy is one of those who will probably buy it. He just doesn't know it yet because his crack won't expire for another month or two. My understanding is that all of the ableton live cracks are timed to expire. I wouldn't be surprised to find that Ableton cracked their own software as a means of distribution.

STRATEGY_510

Post by STRATEGY_510 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:16 pm

joeyfivecents wrote:what I don't get is how people with cracked versions can get on this forum, ask questions, and figure out how to use the program without ever having to pay a cent for it. I'm not saying this guy has done that but I'm sure it happens all the time. Would it be impossible to implement something where you have to own the product to get on the forum?

nope, for Sony Acid you have to be a reg user to use the offical sony forums as well as the ones on Acid Planet.

Since they don't do that here, crack users should just count their blessings and STFU about it.

I would ban someone for saying that shit, not because they cracked live, but because they spit in Ableton's faces by posting about it!

Like I stole a few things in my day, but I didn't go back and wave the product in the store's faces and say "look what I stole, and by the way I REALLY LIKE IT!"

STRATEGY

stew

Post by stew » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:21 pm

ploy wrote:some pay with money, some pay with love.
So you're flying to Berlin and give free head to the Abletons? That's dedication.

Otherwise, I have a copy of Live Lite 5 that I'd be happy to sell you. The real thing, for just a fraction of the price.

Adonis

Post by Adonis » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:32 pm

If we didn't have the internet we wouldn't have these problems

stew

Post by stew » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:41 pm

popslut wrote:
simpleton wrote:You can afford Reason and a microkontrol but you can't spend 250 on Live? What a crock :evil:
I'm guessing his copy of Reason is cracked too.

:roll:
"I bought all this fancy hardware. Now I don't have any money. So it's OK to pirate software, because I'm so poor. *sob*."

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:41 pm

*tug*
*tug*
*stroke*
*tug*
*tug*
*stroke*
spreader of butter

ploy

Post by ploy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:22 am

sure, the reason is an illegal copy too. and to be honest, try to download a microkontrol from the net - could take a few time.

you poor lamers i will tell you something... in life you got to manage your budget, a priority list which is made of an personal idea about quality. food, rent, electricity, communication, party, work is mine - and i wouldn´t say there´s too much decadence. so i could have stay away from trying out music software, there´s a lot of it, some main sequencers and all that stuff. first thing that appeared was the need of a midi-controller. fair. and after one and a half year i´m still on this trial-level, where it comes to decisions. i tried nearly every plugin, every synth, every sequencer. all downloaded, all for free, all cracked and without the pressure of limitations. it´s not i am proud of it or want to shit on ableton - i don´t care. as some figured out, maybe day will come being convinced enough the price (500 bucks) is legal for a product, which was nothing but fun to create for those who did.

and you so much down to empty morality: get a fuckin life.

difference

Post by difference » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:29 am

pearsonart.com wrote:Individuals who use a crack are not the problem. People who host peer to peer cracks do much more damage.

I agree with forge that ploy is one of those who will probably buy it. He just doesn't know it yet because his crack won't expire for another month or two. My understanding is that all of the ableton live cracks are timed to expire. I wouldn't be surprised to find that Ableton cracked their own software as a means of distribution.
Yup that's the stinger. The crack works just long enough until you can't live without Live... :wink:

ploy

Post by ploy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:39 am

just plain information, the crack i use does it on three pcs (no, not mine... girlfriend and parents) since live 5 came out.

ploy

Post by ploy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:43 am

Nokatus wrote: You didn't get the point. I said M-Audio because you can buy a basic MIDI keyboard by them for about 75-80 euros. It includes the Lite version of Ableton Live. You can then upgrade that Lite version to the full version for 269 euros, totalling at about 350 euros.

That's full Live 6 + a basic keyboard as an aside, for a total of about 350 euros. Don't tell me you can't afford that if you save for a while.

that´s the most supid bullshit i´ve read for years.

the other point, that i got live lite with the korg is alright... that was when i really thought of buying it, but to be honest even the korg wasn´t paid by myself.