Abletonator - Future Music 181 now with video

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jrsavage

Abletonator - Future Music 181 now with video

Post by jrsavage » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:38 pm

Hi anybody thats been following the Abletonator should check out the latest issue (181) of Future Music magazine.

It features a double page section in the Filter part of the mag, and also a interview and explaination for the idea on the dvd!

You can find more info on the Abletonator here too....

http://www.abletonator.com

http://www.myspace.com/abletonator

Those wishing to see it live in action should come down to Timbuk2 on 14th dec 06 for the xmas party. (bristol, uk thou mind!)

Last edited by jrsavage on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patch

Post by Patch » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:34 pm

Mate! How do you get the Abletonator up and down the steps in Timbuk2???

(Timbuk2 is underground here in Bristol. Really underground.)

Damon_Chambers

Post by Damon_Chambers » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:36 pm

so snazzy. :-)

robtronik

Post by robtronik » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:44 pm

great way to have eye contact with the crowd.

:lol:
http://www.robtronik.com | DJ Mixes, Blogtronik, Event Schedule

smartabletonuser

Post by smartabletonuser » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:20 pm

so you put a CD in, press play, and then play Galaga all night?

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:27 pm

isn't the keyboard on there a little too low to actually play?
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:08 pm

Gotta show some love for Dubrovnik here!!

Played with him in Bristol coupla years ago. He makes wicked stuff! :D

frisbeedisk

Post by frisbeedisk » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:30 pm

Pretty portable too!!

jrsavage

Post by jrsavage » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:13 pm

ok not been here in a while so lets start from the top,

Patch, timbuk2 is indeed underground but it aint hard to carry equipment up and down stairs...the machine is pretty light as its been stripped of all heavy stuff. ie no crt monitor!
I work with a soundsystem for a living and its nothing compared to my amp rack!!!

robtronik, the machine is not a full size arcade cabinet, it only stands as tall as my shoulders so i can easily see the crowd over it! or i turn it side on so people can see wot i'm doing with the controller....but i'm working on using a wifi camera focused on hands/controller/screen.

smartabletonuser, i actually play numan athletics or hyper sports....my controller buttons are ace for this! (jokin, but can do it)

Johnisfaster, i have to admit the midi keyboard is a little low down for playin live, but when i'm producing at home i sit on stool which is the right hight for keyboard.

frisbeedisk, ok its portable to a certain extent, as in its got wheels on the bottom so when you tip it back it can be moved easily...and handles underneath and on the back...and its all one compact unit so no unpluggin/ plugging at the start/ end of a gig. just plug in the power, switch on and play...job done...now you try an do that with ur laptop/ sound card/ midi controller and wot ever else you use in a live set!!!

Sorry rant over....oh and if you checked out Future music, can you please inform me or future music as the DVD possibly has no sound in my interview, a little anoying i know!

Abletronator out...... :wink:

Oh i've just downgraded my psp, so i can run playlive...amazing little app that you can control aspects of live from the psp...watch out for me wandering round in the crowd!! ha ha

fatrabbit

Post by fatrabbit » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:30 pm

jrsavage wrote:ok not been here in a while so lets start from the top,

Patch, timbuk2 is indeed underground but it aint hard to carry equipment up and down stairs...the machine is pretty light as its been stripped of all heavy stuff. ie no crt monitor!
I work with a soundsystem for a living and its nothing compared to my amp rack!!!

robtronik, the machine is not a full size arcade cabinet, it only stands as tall as my shoulders so i can easily see the crowd over it! or i turn it side on so people can see wot i'm doing with the controller....but i'm working on using a wifi camera focused on hands/controller/screen.

smartabletonuser, i actually play numan athletics or hyper sports....my controller buttons are ace for this! (jokin, but can do it)

Johnisfaster, i have to admit the midi keyboard is a little low down for playin live, but when i'm producing at home i sit on stool which is the right hight for keyboard.

frisbeedisk, ok its portable to a certain extent, as in its got wheels on the bottom so when you tip it back it can be moved easily...and handles underneath and on the back...and its all one compact unit so no unpluggin/ plugging at the start/ end of a gig. just plug in the power, switch on and play...job done...now you try an do that with ur laptop/ sound card/ midi controller and wot ever else you use in a live set!!!

Sorry rant over....oh and if you checked out Future music, can you please inform me or future music as the DVD possibly has no sound in my interview, a little anoying i know!

Abletronator out...... :wink:

Oh i've just downgraded my psp, so i can run playlive...amazing little app that you can control aspects of live from the psp...watch out for me wandering round in the crowd!! ha ha
Yeah, the video had no audio.

microlive

Post by microlive » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:39 pm

fatrabbit wrote:Yeah, the video had no audio.
I was just gonna ask if anyone else had that same problem. Why is it that on every cool feature on the FM DVD's the sound goes wonky?????

jrsavage

Post by jrsavage » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:50 pm

you can now check out the video interview from future music here...

http://www.myspace.com/abletonator

shame i'm terrible at explaning things!!

fatrabbit

Post by fatrabbit » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:28 pm

Nice Bristol accent!

How did you come up with the idea?

Warminstrel

Post by Warminstrel » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:01 pm

Praper Jab me babber!

Precision

Post by Precision » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:59 pm

Man, I miss living in Bristol :cry:
Tone Deft wrote: it's hard to code Python when you're knocked up on morphine with your dick in a sling.