assigning tempo to slider

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
macmonkey

assigning tempo to slider

Post by macmonkey » Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:09 am

I've successfully assigned my tempo to a slide for time manipulation (like a turntable). I'm curious how can I change the sensitivity of the slider. I'd like it to be less responsive.

Thanks for the help

serotoninsteve

Post by serotoninsteve » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:20 am

Hello, go to the arranger view, there you can set a min and max value for the global tempo control!
I´ve set mine from 128BPM to 142BPM, so I have the whole range of a knob for controlling the 14 BPM difference on my midicontroller!
Hope that helps!?
Greetings! 8)

dave c

Post by dave c » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:13 pm

so how do you assign a tempo to a slide for time manipulation ?

MacMonkey

Assigning tempo to a slider

Post by MacMonkey » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:54 pm

It's easy, have your midi controller connected to your comp. start live when a session is up click the midi button up top-right (everything should turn blue). Then with whichever slider you are assigning to, move it. It should recognize it and then click the midi button again.

Hope it helps

ethios4

tempo slider range?

Post by ethios4 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:39 am

so, how do you change the max/min values for global tempo midi control in arrange view? i've wanted to do that for a long time, but didn't think it was possible. Wahoo!

Mbazzy

Post by Mbazzy » Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:35 am

EThios : Arranger -> Master track -> dropdown -> min&max tempo
http://www.mbazzy.tk -
Mbazzy's "The dysfunctional playground, a scrapbook a bout the shape of useless things" now OUT on Retinascan - http://www.retinascan.de

ethios4

sweet

Post by ethios4 » Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:45 pm

That rocks! thanks for the help! it was weird...the min/max slots didn't come up until the second time i selected "Song Tempo" from the pulldown...tricky!