Who's Using Phatmatik pro with Live?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
7FS

Who's Using Phatmatik pro with Live?

Post by 7FS » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:28 am

someone was telling me I should check phatmatic out so I went to the site
I'm not sure I get it though, is anyone here using it with Live? and more importantly why would you use both of them, I love Live and am just trying to figure what if any and how would I apply phatmatik.

serotoninsteve

Post by serotoninsteve » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:47 am

No chance, phatpro is vsti, Live supports only vstfx until now.
But you can cut out different hits of different loops in Live too and build a new one, then consolidate it.
It´s a complete different way to work but you can do about the same with the 2 apps finally!
For using phatpro triggered by midi check out bidule (free) and the new ERA tools (50?) from sonicbytes.com, or try out Tracktion (the best 65? I´ve spend) wich I´m using for playing my vsti`s through!
Greetings! 8)

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:30 am

so you're saying there really isn't a difference between the two? I mean why would someone have both?

gaspode

Yo...

Post by gaspode » Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:34 pm

You can use phat pro... if you use it through a rewire client...

For another option... check out supatrigga (just for mangling samples)... and slifty is super cool.

Also... if you run the Reaktor FX VST... you can load instruments... and do your beat grinding there.

Good Luck

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:27 pm

where can I find slifty, i'm on a pc btw

still I'd like to know why one would use both phatmatik and Live, I'm trying to get a sense from users exactly what wouldn't be redundant since I've got live and love it

gaspode

uhm...

Post by gaspode » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:38 pm

Phatmatik isn't really redundant... at least it is a much easier way to break up a loop and then sequence it... however you need a sequencer to use it.

Personally I use it with Fruity Loops rewired into Live. With this I can draw in what beats I want on the piano roll quite easily.

To do the same thing in live would require you to make duplicates of your loop and mark off each individual hit in the sample editor... in the envelope editor you would then need to unlink your volume and draw in your envelopes for when you want your sound...

Personally I'd rather use a piano roll editor for creating new beats... and use the envelope editor when I am just fine tuning an existing kick ass beat.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:30 pm

i'm understanding a little better now, thank you gaspode, if you feel like shedding some more light on the subject please feel free, and anyone else using phatmatik rewired to Live please feel free also.