Any Adept Geeks Got time to help with AUDIO DROPOUTS

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Jbo

Any Adept Geeks Got time to help with AUDIO DROPOUTS

Post by Jbo » Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:06 am

I have followed the relevant online information as best I could yet there is some flaw in my arrangement,I overlooked something allowing stubborn dropouts to harass me in my efforts to record audio with pristine quality.
There is a very fundamental ,basic mis-match of some kind, someplace in my 1 1/2 year old "D.A.W." effort here at my house after I opted to let my 50th birthday serve a my cue to lay my tracks down, along with the fact my Dr. confirmed the reason for my work related backpain as disk problems, I have been studying, and investing in my "digital sound" , but this issue is still with me, so very long,and I just have been "fixing" the resulting time/loss/skip spots with a band-aid/patch overlay and then using correctly spaced sequences of notes as a guide for proper spacing for correct timing, and developed quite a skill at the process, but dam, I should not have to do all this shit.
I gathered that a second HD the faster the better, would augment a pc's audio , I have added a raid array,('O"),using two raptors, and also have the level 5UDMA activated using Intels application accelerator, which looks good but sounds no different, I just would like to make music I am
not a pc wizard..
EDIT***************EDIT**********************EDIT
SP1 DID MY TRICK !!THANKS TO ALL CONCERNED!
Last edited by Jbo on Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pc soundcard xphome AbletonLivev4 midikeyboards China Strat..... Garritan vst instruments ........(midi-me)

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:16 pm

most of us round here are audio dropouts and i think were beyond helping

gaspode

Post more info...

Post by gaspode » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:36 pm

I doubt anyone here could help you with anything specific... you have no listed any specs about your system... What OS are you running... software... drivers... audio hardware...

About the only thing that I could suggest at the moment would be to increase your latency on your audio card and see if that makes a difference. If it works... that is most likely a band aid and not the real problem.

spiderprod

reinstall

Post by spiderprod » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:01 pm

i had the same problem of audio drop out .it took me ages to sort it out.but i won the fight agaisnst the machine.i know about your problem,& i have to tell you that i know how frustrating it can be.
to solve the problem i had to do format the drive.i formated the drive may be 15 times,& the key to solve this problem is the order you instal the components.
it might sound stupid but i am like you i am not a pc geek,so i tryed different combinations of software/hardware instalation.& one day it worked.
i don't really know the source of the problem but at least now it work very fine.

Jbo

SP1 DID NOT KILL ME

Post by Jbo » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:49 pm

It did take some time, but I will most likely use the microsoft patches more faithfully in the future , and pay less attention to alarmists

pc soundcard xphome AbletonLivev4 midikeyboards China Strat..... Garritan vst instruments ........(midi-me)