Who wants "Glitch" plug for mac? No need with Able

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
3rdordertrauma

Who wants "Glitch" plug for mac? No need with Able

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:40 am

This tip is for all the fans of glitchy random broken beat kinda sounds. And for those of us who don't have the "Glitch" plug cause we are on mac os.

OK I know all you Instrument rack junkies are well into this, but I didn't see it in hoffman2k's tips and tricks sticky so here it is.

Rather than try to explain it just download the "Glitch.als" file at the bottom and give it a go for yourself.

And to be fair and honest I've never actually used the "Glitch" plug cause I'm on mac. I've only seen the Screenshots online and based this Instrument rack off of what I would guess is happening in "Glitch". Or something similar anyway. Only this way in Live its customizable/expandable till your blue in the face.

So I'm sure Its not going to sound JUST like Glitch! Its not designed to!

This is just a simple one, it will be cool to have everyone elaborate on this with some fresh ideas.

Glitch.als
Last edited by 3rdordertrauma on Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

BassTooth

Post by BassTooth » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:46 pm

greatest post ever!!!!!!! killer Rack.

i have now lost all productivity for today. thanks.

Meef Chaloin

Post by Meef Chaloin » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:22 pm

thats a cool rack!

hafnarbakki

Post by hafnarbakki » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:13 pm

wow.. thanx.. Cannot wait to hear this
so I have downloaded the file... what do I do next? Import the .als-file or just doubleklixit?
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

geo

Post by geo » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:44 pm

exellent rack, well done!

coupdetat

I want glitch for mac

Post by coupdetat » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:42 pm

Id like glitch for mac but something an ableton will be even better

Although i dowbnloaded your GLitch als it said it was created in a new vesion of live

i cant aford to upgrade just yet so i will have to wait for christmas.

Look forward to using it anyways

hafnarbakki

Post by hafnarbakki » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:51 pm

is it just to klixit?
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

fatrabbit

Post by fatrabbit » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:01 pm

This is excellent!

There are so many possibilities with Racks, which can strangely be quite restricting when you have few limits. There should be more sharing of ideas like this.

I'm working on a live jam drum rack at the moment - you can easily flip between different kits and apply reverb / saturation / beat repeat effects etc., and all mapped to Macros for editing via a BCR2000 for example.

EDIT: I just threw my drum rack into the rack in this thread (in place of the impulse) and it sounds pretty good! Especially when you start tweaking the automation etc.

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:51 pm

hafnarbakki wrote:wow.. thanx.. Cannot wait to hear this
so I have downloaded the file... what do I do next? Import the .als-file or just doubleklixit?
Yes double click it. Its just an Ableton song file with an instrument rack in it and one clip with some automation as an example of what the rack is for. So any way you open you regular songs will be fine.
coupdetat wrote:Id like glitch for mac but something an ableton will be even better

Although i dowbnloaded your GLitch als it said it was created in a new vesion of live

i cant aford to upgrade just yet so i will have to wait for christmas.

Look forward to using it anyways
Yes my apologies I forgot to mention this is only for Ableton 6 and higher, as it makes use of the instrument racks.
fatrabbit wrote:This is excellent!

There are so many possibilities with Racks, which can strangely be quite restricting when you have few limits. There should be more sharing of ideas like this.

I'm working on a live jam drum rack at the moment - you can easily flip between different kits and apply reverb / saturation / beat repeat effects etc., and all mapped to Macros for editing via a BCR2000 for example.

EDIT: I just threw my drum rack into the rack in this thread (in place of the impulse) and it sounds pretty good! Especially when you start tweaking the automation etc.
I agree... the rack I posted here was a simple version. The idea was for everyone to play with it, tweak it to death, add new instruments and ideas and hopefully repost your creations here. It would be really cool to maybe start start a thread similar to the tips and tricks sticky with only Instrument racks. My first look into instrument racks and I thought "ahhh no biggy... what do you need that for?" But I soon realized there is a whole other world to explore there. Sky is the limit here and I can't wait to see future advancements in this area that will continue to open doors.

stjohn

Post by stjohn » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:22 am

good work man... ive not yet got deep into the racks.. but ill have a mess and if i come up with summit ill post up

cheers again

markone

Post by markone » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:27 pm

Hi,

This look pretty interesting.

I've taken out the impulse from the rack and made a new rack containing everything else, but in an audio track.

I see different zones have been set up for each effect with in a particualr part of a rack. Had you envisaged being able to jump between these different zones? and if so how did you intend to do this?

The only thing can think off is assgning the chain select ruler to a macro, and then assigning the macro to a knob controller, and then scrolling between the different zones. Am I warm??

Thanks,

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:59 pm

markone wrote:Hi,

This look pretty interesting.

I've taken out the impulse from the rack and made a new rack containing everything else, but in an audio track.

I see different zones have been set up for each effect with in a particualr part of a rack. Had you envisaged being able to jump between these different zones? and if so how did you intend to do this?

The only thing can think off is assgning the chain select ruler to a macro, and then assigning the macro to a knob controller, and then scrolling between the different zones. Am I warm??

Thanks,
You're burning up! You might have noticed the clip inside the "Glitch.als" had some automation for this already. But yes this could just as easily be assigned to a mid knob and done on the fly manually. As well as with the Beat Repeats section of the rack. Or alternatively if you don't have it assigned to a macro you could just automate this with the "Chain Selector" envelope in the clips... or dummy clips. Also the FX I put in there were at random and with no real purpose... you could always throw whole FX groups in each chain or whatever to suit your personal needs.

The idea was to randomize a static loop by passing it through different beat repeats (at random) and different FX (at random) and create a loop that is always evolving and moving.

I'd love to hear how everyone is using it.

markone

Post by markone » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:10 pm

Do you know what?

I wouldn't have even bothered asking that question if I'd actually seen the clip in the file! (can't see the wood for the trees and all that!)

I know you mentioned it, but because it isn't labelled I just missed it!

I've done something very similar using Glitch, but am still in the process of tweeking it though.

I have there is a difference in manipulating audio in an interesting way, and also making it sound good!

horsehead

Post by horsehead » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:51 pm

Realy good tip.
Abe should put that one in the presets for the next LIVE

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:25 pm

horsehead wrote:Realy good tip.
Abe should put that one in the presets for the next LIVE
HAHAHAA!! YEAH!!!! Does this mean I'll *RECEIVE* royalties??? 8O :D :roll:

HAHA OOPS!
Last edited by 3rdordertrauma on Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.